• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

MrMephistoX

Man so disappointed got my Cronus Max today and my fight sticks incompatible! HORI Soul Calibur 5 stick. Thinking of jus trading it to amazon since I could get $90 for it and selling it outright for $100 or so and paying shipping would be break even territory.

Does the Real Arcade pro work? Had bad experiences with Mad Catz shoddy manufacturing.

T.O.P

Banned
1010414_10151833803391058_499755567_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151833803391058&set=o.587547867956663&type=1

for anyone in the London area

Spades

The stuff DrDogg has on Prima's site is quite helpful. But nothing will ever teach fighters as well as actual combat. Try to identify what you're doing bad at when actually under pressure, and then work on improving those things.

Asking people on Live into a few exhibition matches can be very helpful. I met some of my best Live friends by complimenting on how good a (Character player) they were, and wanting to get in some spars with them, to learn how to deal with them.

Earlier than being separately released on the XB1 / in-game store for purchase.

Thanks for the advice. I played 6 games last night, lost 5 and won my first! If anyone else wants an easy win (in exchange for some advice and guidance!) please send me a friend request - Block Mate is my gamertag.

T.O.P

Banned
SPINAL MOVELIST

Oat cake sweet roll chocolate cake sesame snaps brownie. Apple pie caramels muffin bear claw gummi bears caramels gingerbread. Lollipop gingerbread liquorice caramels. Sesame snaps dessert lemon drops tootsie roll. Wafer applicake oat cake donut bonbon sweet. Candy marshmallow cookie sweet cheesecake powder soufflé croissant sweet. Gummi bears gummies chocolate bar caramels. Muffin pie chocolate bar cotton candy jujubes sugar plum unerdwear.com candy. Lollipop lemon drops danish cookie lemon drops jujubes tart lollipop jelly beans. Gummi bears marshmallow gingerbread cheesecake muffin donut cheesecake.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/killer-instinct-nextgen/Spinal

Reading on DH forum that the ranked matching has been fixed?

Banned
That's not actually Spinal's moveset, It looks like they've done a copy paste of Aquaman's moves from Injustice (spit)

4.5 hours till combo vid, Hurry up!!

.la1n

I assume we still have no idea if he will actually be released today along with the information dump? I know Max had mentioned wanting to use him at TRB so I was hoping he would be able to.

Spades

KI-GAF, this week I (finally) took delivery of my TE2 stick. I had been putting off playing KI until this moment and now I'm able to start enjoying the experience! I'm very much a KI beginner, and a beginner to fighting games in general really. I mean I've played fighters in the past, but I have never learned any character moves - very much a button basher. It's obvious that this is not how to enjoy KI, which I expected.

So I've stated playing the dojo training lessons and I'm slowly starting to get the hang of combos. My question is: is this the best way to learn the game or is there any beginners guide or other suggested reading material out there?

Sorry guys, two more quick questions:

1) I've been using Jago in the dojo as I read he was an all rounder. Would you recommend a different character for beginners?

2) Is there a good site or PDF anywhere with all characters move lists? I've seen some which tell you the name of the moves but without the button presses.

Thanks in advance.

Silky

Banned
Sorry guys, two more quick questions:

1) I've been using Jago in the dojo as I read he was an all rounder. Would you recommend a different character for beginners?

2) Is there a good site or PDF anywhere with all characters move lists? I've seen some which tell you the name of the moves but without the button presses.

Thanks in advance.

Honestly Sabrewulf and Orchid are good for newbies.

Movelist? http://www.usgamer.net/articles/how-to-do-combos-and-ultra-combos-a-killer-instinct-xbox-one-guide

You're a star, thank you.

I really really want to be good at this game eventually. Understand that's not going to happen overnight for a complete novice fighter, though!

Please ask if you have questions lol. KI is incredibly fun when you have a good grasp on what you're doing and you play people at your skill level. Games get really intense, it's awesome!

Spades

Please ask if you have questions lol. KI is incredibly fun when you have a good grasp on what you're doing and you play people at your skill level. Games get really intense, it's awesome!

Oh I will be!

As I said in a different post, please send me some friend requests guys - I'll happily take a beating in exchange for some advice! Gamertag = Block Mate.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Eesh. Well, got back up to level 7 after the save corruption incident yesterday. It feels so weird to see challenges for "Do 10 throws" pop up again, when I was just look at "500 Endokukens! COMPLETE" just a day ago!

I've seen some CRAZY SALTY reactions to my new lower-level Glacius shenanigans, however. I've never seen so many DCs in this game! My Glacius' isn't perfect at all, I rarely land distanced FULL SCREEN AUTO DOUBLES too often, but I abuse his excellent AntiAir normal if people want to skewer themselves on it.

The Anger and the Rage... it's like winning with 'sim all over again! I didn't really miss this feeling, but it's freakishly familiar...

Thanks for the advice. I played 6 games last night, lost 5 and won my first! If anyone else wants an easy win (in exchange for some advice and guidance!) please send me a friend request - Block Mate is my gamertag.

Haha, we're already friends on XB1 (or do I just follow you?) Thanks to Max and the Curse of Brotherhood, lol. I guess we'll have to get in some fights sometime!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks EteRnal! Old memories pass away... just gotta make new ones! Hopefully, we'll all be able to start making so with Spinal soon.

It's great to play a game where one generally likes playing EVERYBODY. I never liked Spinal much in old KI's, but I guess he's the closest I'll have to a "counter-move" character in this game, so I'm much more interested in him now, in this particular game.

brettreyu

I would lean Sabrewulf over Orchid for beginners. Sabrewulfs auto linkers are incredibly hard to read and break effectively, he does a ton of damage, eclipse is a great move, and hes fast with some tools/tricks.

They nailed it. His laugh, the music, and everything.

Silky

Banned
Ughhh. So Spinal's story DOES have to do with time travel? Jeez.

"Immortal time traveling pirate looking for something to cure his immortal curse."

Top Bottom