• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

def sim

iMJQtI8HqzwJ2.gif

Full screen? Whatevs.

Chairhome

Played it tonight at an MS Store. Definitely getting it. The employees were kind of hoarding it with me and some other guys. Haha. I had no idea what I was doing, I tried playing like old school KI and that was a mistake. It's really dope though.

Justin

So the review embargo for this is up on Monday at 6am but according from Jeff Gerstmann there are some ongoing technical issues that are preventing him from finishing his review.

Anonymous asked:Are we seeing some Xbox reviews from you folks this Monday?

Probably not. I was hoping to have Killer Instinct ready, but technical issues (that probably won’t impact anyone once the console and game are actually released for real) are preventing me from playing it.

I am guessing that it is XBL being down for online play. It will be interesting to see reviews from other outlets if this is the case. Jeff was pretty adamant about not reviewing Killzone until he could play a good amount of multiplayer on the live servers while all the other sites published reviews after playing a few rounds at the review event.

Khezu

Very curious to see Jeff's opinion on KI.

I don't think reviews matter when it comes to fighting games, especially from the mainstream gaming press, and his score won't change any opinion I have on the game. However, I'm just a fan of GB and Jeff, and his opinion on the KI franchise has been pretty lukewarm to put it nicely.

well since I beat resogun and Contrast so fast and since KZ and Knack ended up sucking I will be returning my ps4 and getting an xbox 1 this friday (I'll get PS4 again later when it has more games) Just can't resist dat Killer Instinct!

Gowans

You should submit this KI art to the gamerpic contest, it's a ms ip so I'm sure you're fine.

Would love to rock a GAF made gamerpic on live.

Mdk7

You should submit this KI art to the gamerpic contest, it's a ms ip so I'm sure you're fine.

Would love to rock a GAF made gamerpic on live.

Unfortunately i can't be part of it, since i'm not from the USA.
This is something that madly pisses me off, but still.. I did tell MS through twitter, but they just didn't consider my complaint (as expected).

Thanks for the kind words guys!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
If I have time today I'd like to head out to the MS store and finally get a chance to play this game. I think I'd like to main Thunder.

bumpkin

I haven't been watching a ton of the streams, usually stick to Max's vignettes, but I caught the action teamsp00ky and Rich hosted last night… Goddamn. The game is looking so awesome. I cannot wait for Friday!

Oh, and this just happened…

xb1ship.png

*any celebratory GIF here*

READY?

Rey

Dammit.. Didn't know about the stream last night. Will download from archives and watch it later tonight.

Who was streaming and from where?

antitrop

I watched sp00ky's stream for hours yesterday and I have to say that every fear I had for Double Helix pulling this game off was put to rest... it was... God Damn magnificent.

Silky

Banned
Anyone hear of a rumor that Season 2 will have 4 newcomers and 4 returning characters?

This pleases me if it means Tusk doesn't have to come back. Fuuuuuck Tusk, man.

So....Combo, Cinder, Maya, Wu

Riptor :c

Honestly can not see that happening. I think the original 10 will make it back, sure. That leaves 5 slots for KI2 and newcomers.
Well...2 newcomers and everyone from KI2 returns. No biggie

Sydle

Thanks for using the graphics in the OP, Silky. : )

too much eslim said:
Supposedly they want to have 30 characters in the final roster.

Makes sense if they want to do 4 seasons and each season has 8 characters. That's a lot of new characters.

Don't remind me. Hopefully it gives time for the Death Threats to get into Double Helix Mail, Daring them to put Feathers on it.

I imagine there will be an alternative skin for feathers. There just has to be.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Next 4 characters I want
need
for season 2..

TJ FUCKING Combo
Cinder
Eagle
Kim Wu (re-imagined she could be amazing)

Tusk maybe but not sure how he'd fit, then again the games story isnt exactly logical. Maya is terrible and I give no fucks about Riptor.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
On mobile but read on the double helix forum. Somebody posted an article on how killer instinct may be the future for fighting games the way it was designed.

Yup, I linked to the very article a few pages back:

Does a nice job explaining DH's thought processes behind many a thing. With a slight bit of obvious bias thrown in for good measure.

Top Bottom