• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Double Helix forum is going nuts. Apparently this patch is littered with bugs. There's a Spinal combo that freezes the game.

Apparently doing low fireball and teleport into a cornered opponent = lock

Also counter breakers and spinal don't work right thanks to spectral manuals?

Heh, kills the tournament viability of spinal until it is fixed

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Some achievements not unlocking, classic costume sets aren't saving.

Oh boy.

You'd think they'd get ahead of the bugs at some point lol

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Apparently doing low fireball and teleport into a cornered opponent = lock

Also counter breakers and spinal don't work right thanks to spectral manuals?

Heh, kills the tournament viability of spinal until it is fixed

You can counter break with Spinal. That freeze sounds bad though.

Blu10

Yep. Supposedly starting a combo with the dive kick prevents you from being able to counter break any time in that combo.

Well that sucks, but I could live with it as long as they patch it relatively soon as that dive kick is unsafe on block.

On the other hand, the game freezing up due to teleport use in the corner will drive me mad.

bs000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCuxSK6EU40

Has anyone else run into a glitch where the audio freaks the fuck out during ultra combos? Recorded two quick clips in the video above. First clip is just normal ultra on Orchid's stage and the audio freaks out when the building falls down. Second clip is easily replicated when you instinct cancel Spinal's ultra on his stage. It also gets VERY LOUD when it happens. I reduced the volume by 25dB so you can hear it at a comfortable level (RIP my ears).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSNEZn3bgCg

This second video is Spinal's idle stage theme. Idle for around 30 seconds and it starts playing a remix of the original theme, just like the first 6 characters.

.la1n

It could be that the team is being stretched way too thin and things aren't being properly tested. They probably felt like this absolutely needed to be out this month (for obvious reasons) and they pushed it along through quality assurance faster than it maybe should have been. It's the nature of the beast when a game is being consistently updated like this that you need a pretty large QA team to test these things out and I am not sure DH has that.

I know all the guys over there are trying so I honestly feel bad for them that they can't seem to get a patch out that doesn't break things.

It would piss a lot of people off but they might be better off if they just delayed Fulgore until April and worked on a patch to fix everything before continuing work on more content.

If they keep introducing bugs through patches it's just going to end up spiraling out of control.

hwalker84

It would piss a lot of people off but they might be better off if they just delayed Fulgore until April and worked on a patch to fix everything before continuing work on more content.

If they keep introducing bugs through patches it's just going to end up spiraling out of control.

Completely agree. They really need to just hammer out the bugs they continue to introduce.

malfcn

This is starting to sound bad. Hope they can patch the patch quickly. Also, what are they testing in these patches for cert if so many bugs are making it through the process.?

.la1n

This is starting to sound bad. Hope they can patch the patch quickly. Also, what are they testing in these patches for cert if so many bugs are making it through the process.?

The Microsoft certification process is more or less to make sure it doesn't make the game inaccessible. It doesn't necessarily check for smaller bugs like we are seeing here. If it doesn't break the xbox or render the game unplayable then it's usually good to go. The finer tuning of the patches comes on DH's end. I agree that it may be best to delay anymore content until they can iron the core game out.

I imagine the stream chat will be very very interesting today, people are very unhappy lol.

DrDogg

Here's my early tips for playing as Spinal. I think a lot of people are playing him incorrectly, but it's still early so I could be wrong. The skulls draining meter seems very much a secondary tool for Spinal. The skulls are super good for everything else... lol.

http://www.primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/tips/killer-instinct-spinal-beginners-tips

Also, I'm coining the term "Skull Power" or "SP" for referring to heavy specials when Spinal has a skull at the ready. :p

Anyone know if you can make Spinal's slide safe on block if used at a good distance?

Use a light.heavy Skull before you slide. That's pretty much the only way to make it safe.

First impressions of Spinal: Seemed scary.
Good damage output and move set.
Slide cannot be cancelled on block, easy to punish.
Overall thought he would be a threat on Day 1.

After fighting several Spinals: People really need to stop playing run away with Spinal. He seems/feels more of a pressure character, seeing as he has multiple ways of hitting high and low, almost at the same time.
People are not abusing his teleports enough, at least properly. LK teleport moves you away from the opponent, making some fun shenanigans but no one seems to know how to play footies with him yet.
Meter drain on instinct and shadow bars seemed... very not threatening? Perhaps people just need to learn to apply curses more often.

Overall he seems very fun to play, but with a lack of cross up, I'm finding him hard to actually keep pressure against an opponents wake up.

He is a pure pressure character. It's ridiculous. Don't give me 5 skulls, you're losing a health bar... or you're really good at guessing.

derFeef

Here's my early tips for playing as Spinal. I think a lot of people are playing him incorrectly, but it's still early so I could be wrong. The skulls draining meter seems very much a secondary tool for Spinal. The skulls are super good for everything else... lol.

http://www.primagames.com/games/killer-instinct/tips/killer-instinct-spinal-beginners-tips

Also, I'm coining the term "Skull Power" or "SP" for referring to heavy specials when Spinal has a skull at the ready. :p

Use a light.heavy Skull before you slide. That's pretty much the only way to make it safe.

He is a pure pressure character. It's ridiculous. Don't give me 5 skulls, you're losing a health bar... or you're really good at guessing.

thanks dude, Spinal seems too technical and offensive for me, sad times :(

game just froze on me, on sabrewulf's stage. both spinal's tried to teleport...one was in the corner.

edit: and all my fight titles for spinal are gone? yea the game won't save after I quit it, so can't make any progress with anything. I'll try a hard reset

edit: nothing :/

T.O.P

Banned
Yup Spinal is absolutely confirmed as my new main
Took a good one hour in practice to get enough confidence to go online but it's all good now
Damage output seems kind of OP atm lol 1/2 shadow moves and you can get from 70/90 without giving it much thought
Gotta work on the Sadira match up anyway (still my freakin weak point), i got pretty much owned by this lvl 20 guy :/

Anway everything is good, Spinal is amazing as expected, Glacius classic costume looks insane and Sabrewulf is kinda weird with those derp eyes but still nice

...now i'm pretty much stucked without playing online until tomorrow night, game disconnected right at the start of a match and i got jailed :(

sort this shit out asap DH pls

derFeef

Can't be stressed enough.

k2pmmVH.png

histopher

I hope whatever KI they used for the Classic's they use the other game during season 2. I need dat Orchid buttocks costume!

lol yeah I am a sad man too cos I need that KI2 Orchid.
I think that's what turned me into an ass man as a young boy so it's important to me :')

Top Bottom