• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

.la1n

Seems Max is having difficulty with the ranking system, it doesn't seem to be pairing with people of lower ranks when it doesn't find someone at the same rank. I have been having the same issue, to make matters worse it makes it twice as long to find any match at all. I have also experienced the freezing up on Jago's stage and few other random glitches. A lot of matches are still demonstrating significant lag / desync spikes vs the original release. I hope DH is going into double time to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Have not had the issue of being put into jail because of my opponents disconnect but I have also been fortunate enough not to have any matches where the player has quit / disconnected...yet.

derFeef

I wonder if the quitting detection system has any impact on match stability. Lot's of weird stuff happening right now. I hope DH focuses on fixes this as fast as possible.

remz

Classic Orchid definitely had her look updated. The bodysuit has a grainy vinyl texture as opposed to before where it was mostly flat and cheap looking.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Classic Orchid definitely had her look updated. The bodysuit has a grainy vinyl texture as opposed to before where it was mostly flat and cheap looking.

thank god. she looked fucking horrible before, but the screens posted look like a huge improvement.

PopfulMail

Still need to check her out...

in other news... color 4 for classic Sabrewulf is wearing a shredded Freddy Krueger sweater and I love it!!

.la1n

The only aesthetic issues I am having with the new classic costumes is that, along with Jago and Orchid, Glacius' classic should have been KI 1 inspired. It's the superior design to begin with but it's also that the KI 2 style classic they have gone with has some slight proportion issues. The head is also slightly off as others have noted, needs thinning down from the profile perspective. It is definitely a step in the right direction if they make some minor adjustments to it. It does not look like a cohesive face / head, it looks like an elongated head with the face as more of a mask he is wearing. Pretty silly if you pay attention to it.

Sabrewulf didn't fair quite as well. When in match it looks pretty decent. We know DH isn't particularly great at modeling hair and it shows ten fold on the new classic alt for Sabrewulf. it looks pretty terrible / rushed like Orchid's classic. I wasn't a huge fan of Sabre's original design to begin with but it would have been nice to see a little more effort put into it.

Speaking of Orchid, it seems her classic finally had some tweaks done to it. Good effort and it does look much better than it did before. Happy to see that as I like the character and after seeing what they did with Jago's classic it just felt cheap. What this says to me is they are willing to go back and tweak any of the classic designs or original designs if they feel like something can be done to improve it. That is great news and something we very rarely see from a developer.

I finally was able to really spend some serious time with the game after work so obviously my impressions have changed from when I was only able to browse screenshots on mobile ;)

The Flash

Banned
Unlocked the full game today after I finally got an ultra in Dojo. Not going to be competent enough to play against other people for a while but I actually really like practicing to get better in this game. Gotta give credit to LeMaximilian too. Your genuine love for this game and the franchise as a whole is very apparent in your videos and it's because of that fact that I am now a fan of Killer Instinct. You and Benny keep up the good work now, you hear? Also, Fulgore.

i9ohOVuAg6vC.gif

Defect

I noticed the main menu music was changed a bit. A bit more intense and then the synth part plays.

Anywho I just noticed this. Sorry for the shitty picture.

There are 4 empty slots. Now obviously one is saved for Fulgore but there are 3 left. Season 2 sooner than we expected?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Classic Sabrewulf looks really bad...like a parody of himself or something.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yeah classic Orchid looks MUCH better, nice to see they are willing to go back and fix stuff.

remz

Yeah, I'm currently stuck on a blank screen listening to a guy tell me via mic how badly he's beating my (non moving) ass.

This happened to me before. And the loss/DC ended up putting me in jail. :(

Kriaser

How's Spinal vs Sadira? I would only imagine teleport w/ skull absolutely destroys her jumping game. And can Spinal absorb the air daggers and grapple?

haha, man that was some laggy business :/ was fun though.

I wish I had more Ki friends in europe. TOP is the only one I know on GAF but hes too good for me.

He - if you are looking for a friendly match or two with a European - add me. :)
I'm not to good and play with Sadira, Jago & Orchid.

.la1n

He looks like an anorexic rat.

Edit:
Cant help but think of this
dusktildawn05.jpg

What movie was that from? It's driving me nuts that I can't remember.

Also judging from comment on the last stream I am not sure I am excited for Cinder anymore. They more or less trashed his old design meaning they are probably going to pull a Glacius on him and ruin the character for me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The only thing I didn't like about the Cinder mention was "He was a man in a fire suit!" ... well, he was living flames. Though that's an accurate description of how model; no details, just a generic male silhouette with fire texture attached.

I hope they still keep him as "living energy" rather than try and make him a man / flame hybrid. No matter how much they change him, his classic will be close enough to his traditional look anyway. I like the fact they seem to stress that his movement is harmful to others... I want a combo trait where he leaves Potential-damage-building burns on the opponent after combos. Due to this, he has no direct damage ender.

Spinal continues to be kinda complex and confusing; I have a much easier time dealing with a Spinal as Thunder, than I do with Spinal himself. Dives and slides aren't safe at all, but Spinal's own crappy pokes make it so I walk into punishment trying to punish a fellow Spinal, rather than gain the advantage.

I really love the difference in speed on his Spectral Doubles. I think I'm one of the only people USING them ATM, so I haven't been able to practice counting them much, people just mash out combos like any other chara. It's a good way to get a double lockout / counter breaker, since heavy Spectral takes forever and a day to come out.

I'm pleasantly surprised he can land crouch HP after his heavy Searing Skull ender. Even though it's a resource ender, in this way, it sets one up for easy curse application.

I swear his EX spectral sword is delivered with a scream of "it'ssss BAAACONNNNNN!", which has been good fun.

I've encountered the ultra sound glitch / distortion much less than before his patch. Beforhand, it happened anytime Thunder did an ultra in a corner, basically. Now I've heard 1 massive explosion when Jago did an ultra on the right side of Spinal's stage, and that's about it.

I've bumped into a low amount of glitches since getting him, but I got more Kinect detected "A sign in has changed, returning to chara select screen", which led me to just disable Kinect Sign-in. That might be more the XB1's fault, but after the save deletion stuff I had happen, it's worrisome to see.

Oh, and of all the things I notice about Spinal's stage music... it's the obvious throwbacks to his KI1 theme that really get my attention. That and the chants. I love listening to it, but I haven't gotten hooked on it like Thunders.

Top Bottom