• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct |OT| New Look! New Moves! Same Killer Grooves!

daman824

So three characters left,also do you think Eyedol will be the boss for the story or fulgore?

150px-Cinder11.jpg
Tjcombo-original.jpg
150px-Riptor-original.jpg

150px-228700-ki_eyedol_render_large.jpg
Pretty sure they confirmed eyedol isn't coming back.

So...I got one of those 12month cards with the code for ki and shadow jago...I already had the ultimate version of ki so I passed the code to a friend who had not picked it up yet only to find out that the game was not included and I lost a shadow jago code that I would have used had I known :(

I'm pretty sure he goes up on the marketplace at some point in February.

At least I assume he does if you go by this little disclaimer on the product listing at MS Store.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Day-One-12-Month-Xbox-Live-Gold-Membership/productID.282262700

Shadow Jago available exclusively with Day One Xbox Live Gold until February 1, 2014; may be available elsewhere later.

I guess it's not a sure thing since it only says he MAY be available elsewhere but I'm fully expecting Shadow Jago to pop up on the marketplace sometime in the next week or so for about $5.

So I keep hearing that he won't be released until the stream today. No clue if there's any validity to it but I've been seeing a lot of people say it.

If Microsoft and Double Helix are really holding Spinal until their stream instead of releasing him this morning then that's pretty messed up. Like it wasn't bad enough they couldn't get Spinal out until the last day of the month.

Jezehbell

So I keep hearing that he won't be released until the stream today. No clue if there's any validity to it but I've been seeing a lot of people say it.

If Microsoft and Double Helix are really holding Spinal until their stream instead of releasing him this morning then that's pretty messed up. Like it wasn't bad enough they couldn't get Spinal out until the last day of the month.

That's a little bit stupid, usually the updates and content releases came out at this time.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

I dont think they are holding it for the stream, they only pull like 1000-2000 viewers

Delt31

this is ridiculous. They're prob holding off until the stream, which is getting really old at this point.

What time is the stream today?

.la1n

I can say with a 99.9% certainty they are not holding back a content update for the sake of the xbox stream. They could have Spinal on the stream whether or not the update has gone live for the public yet if they wanted.

.la1n

Forgot to mention this yesterday but I noticed Glacius' classic costume on the character select screen during the IGN presentation. Looks like he may be the next one we get, maybe someone will figure out how to use it in the latest version before it's officially out ;)

If he's coming today. Why did Double Helix's post say coming soon? I kinda want him to miss today just to see the rage happen.

Who knows at this point? As I posted before, they really need to hire someone to bridge the gap of communication with Double Helix and Microsoft, as well as deal with all PR and marketing for Killer Instinct. Ken Lobb posted he would be here today, Rich posted both "cross your fingers" and "its stated as coming soon" in tweets that were about Spinal. If spinal isn't out by the stream, that chat is going to be chaos.

.la1n

It sounds like DH is at Microsoft's mercy as far as the patching process is concerned. I am sure if it was up to them they would have already pushed the update through.

Spinal's "blood" effect is pretty awesome, just paid attention to that. Glad they went with the dust idea. I had completely forgotten to even look for it yesterday.

hwalker84

IGN reveal said he'd be available "tommorow", which is now today.

IGN isn't the developer. DH clearly said after the reveal and all the IGN information that he was "coming soon" why would you not back what IGN said? It's to the point now that I now hope he doesn't make it today cause the shitstorm on the stream will be epic.

Sdoots

It sounds like DH is at Microsoft's mercy as far as the patching process is concerned. I am sure if it was up to them they would have already pushed the update through.

Spinal's "blood" effect is pretty awesome, just paid attention to that. Glad they went with the dust idea. I had completely forgotten to even look for it yesterday.

Oh shit, I'm at work now so I can't check, but I had as well. That sounds awesome.
Fulgore, sparks or oil?

And I'm well aware IGN isn't the developer. I was unaware DH had made additional comments, my apologies.

bs000

How do you get the update? I can't find it in the store and when I go to the KI store in game it keeps saying "Failed to refresh content from the Xbox Store."

Here's a little ranked gameplay for those that are able to watch it right now.

http://sdrv.ms/1bHixnX

As you can tell I have little to no clue what I'm doing with Spinal. I'm still trying to get a full grasp of the shield, teleport and skull system. It seems like Spinal is going to be one of those characters that has a fairly steep learning curve at first. I also imagine that he'll up a like like Glacius where a good/great player will be able to dominate with him.

T.O.P

Banned
How do you get the update? I can't find it in the store and when I go to the KI store in game it keeps saying "Failed to refresh content from the Xbox Store."

Try to turn off the X1 first

OMG they look so good, can't wait to get home :D

Top Bottom