• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Allforce

Is it possible to unlock all the alt costumes and various cosmetic items that come with the "Ultra Editions" of each season just through normal gameplay grinding and acquring "KP" (or whatever it's now called in S2)?

I haven't played this in a while, and when I did I didn't really stick with it long before other stuff came out that captured my interest.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
that's awesome. too bad I follow this game more than I actually play it (because I'm terrible)

don't worry, i'll have the worst titles too

i buy and watch but rarely play

Is it possible to unlock all the alt costumes and various cosmetic items that come with the "Ultra Editions" of each season just through normal gameplay grinding and acquring "KP" (or whatever it's now called in S2)?

I haven't played this in a while, and when I did I didn't really stick with it long before other stuff came out that captured my interest.

all things can be unlocked by just playing now... you earn XP in S2

there is going to be a few exceptions though... probably one color they are adding per character in S2 is reserved for best of best

edit: oh the ultra stuff is for ultra owners only

hwalker84

No

Synth

I'll reserve my final judgement for when I see her in game, but I'm still disappointed they went full raptor with Riptor instead of more along the lines of an ultratech dna experiment that the original was. But that's okay, just happy shes back at all.

Do we know if Riptor is the same Riptor from KI1, and not just another similar experiment by Ultratech? Maybe it's like KI2 Glacius (or MK2 Sub-Zero) where it's a new character under the same name as the original. Didn't Combo kill the original Riptor?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I think we still have about 50 minutes or so for the very first roll out based on Adams 12AM UTC post.

Timu

Whoa, Is this for real? 720p was my last excuse for not jumping in.

If so, I'm getting a One for sure now. Just gonna wait for Black Friday deals. Already have enough MSP to use for both seasons before MS takes it away.
Yep, it's real!

vg260

Yep, it's real!

Thanks. Just saw the tweet. That's really great news. Kinda got blasted when I was asking for a res bump a while back, but it should make it look a lot nicer. Even those who didn't care initially should appreciate the improvement.

Need to pick up a Cronus Max now, so I can use 360 sticks.

Looking forward to learning the game. All the jargon still sounds like another language to me.

Hawk269

I bought Season 1 when it launched with all the add-on's etc. Will it be upgraded to 900p as well or is just Season 2? I have not followed it very much, is Season 2 a whole new game or is an add-on to Season 1?

Thanks!

They need to work long and hard on Cinder effects. Please don't make it a lava monster, That's a very uninteresting design.

Woo Riptor

I bought Season 1 when it launched with all the add-on's etc. Will it be upgraded to 900p as well or is just Season 2? I have not followed it very much, is Season 2 a whole new game or is an add-on to Season 1?

Thanks!

Yes, you get the upgrades and game modes for free. The Season 2 upgrade is for more characters and accessories.

Skab

So, I'm willing to be hard earned money that white silhouette = the ancient Babylonian sorcerer = Notamummy, purple silhouette = vengeful ghost, and blue = shadow jago. (green being the golem is kinda obvious. )

The more I look at blue, the more it looks like S.Jago to me. He's also missing from the character select screen currently, which to me suggests they're probably giving him a unique model/tweaking his look, and blues arm and body structures looks like jago.

Basically they're giving us KI's version of evil ryu.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
The more I look at blue, the more it looks like S.Jago to me. He's also missing from the character select screen currently, which to me suggests they're probably giving him a unique model, and blues arm and body structure looks like jago.

Basically they're giving us KI's version of evil ryu.
Yeah I think thats him..someone made this at ultra-combo.com
rqGzNEE.jpg

vg260

So in order to get Season 1+2 and have absolutely all of the content (costumes, parts, old arcade versions, etc), you just need to buy both the $40 S1 and S2 Ultra packs?

Top Bottom