• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Guys - you're overthinking this.

To get Season 2 do the following:

Uninstall KI
Reinstall KI

When it installs the KI logo will go from red to blue.

Win.

When it fully installs will it go from Red to blue because the version I'm installing is still red but it's not done yet...

PSGames

It should change by 25%

KvTMCpb.jpg
Right on the money! Hyped!

jns

I'm in Aus, and I hard re-set the console and it started automagically updating/downloading without having to uninstall.

bumpkin

So S2 doesn't just install as an update? Or is the uninstall, reinstall trick just to get it a few hours early?

I would love to reinstall it...but it'll take a while to download :(

Doing a full reboot followed by leaving it in standby with background downloads enabled seems to have worked for me. Turned it on a couple of minutes later and the update was queued up. Didn't need to reinstall the game.

Reinstalling now.

I noticed though that I have the Ultra Edition installed but it lists the Combo Breaker pack as ready to install. Do I need to have both installed or how does that work? I only bought the Combo Breaker pack for season 1 so not entirely familiar with it.

Been stuck playing as Jago while it installs, but so far the presentation looks amazing. I'm hoping this season I'll actually play a lot since the rest of S1 is done, and there should be a lot of people jumping back in so I don't always get crushed online.

New achievements?

Yeah, 300 points.

They all look the exact same as last season's though. Fight titles, ranked wins, survival wins, that kind of stuff.

Looks like there might be 150 achievement points per character throughout the season as well considering how TJ and Maya are set up.

Allforce

I really wish I could just upgrade my Season 1 "Combo Breaker" pack to the Ultra Edition for another 20 bucks. I'm ready to throw down 40 on Season 2 but all of my favorite fighters are on Season 1 and I want all the cool costumes and accessories....

I can't get the hang of tj combo yet but Maya is a ridiculous amount of fun to play with.

Also these two new stages are really fantastic. They make the rest of the stages a little boring.

Logash

Alright so I am gonna be getting the White Sunset overdrive bundle and I was wondering what are my purchasing options for this game. I want all the extras from season one and season two. How much would it cost me?

hwalker84

Alright so I am gonna be getting the White Sunset overdrive bundle and I was wondering what are my purchasing options for this game. I want all the extras from season one and season two. How much would it cost me?

$80. Ultra edition for season 1 and 2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Damn... Think I might have to trade in my DS4 too... I already have to pay $400 + $60 for the console and Xbox Live. Yeah... I guess I don't need two PS4 controllers. Are the extras worth it?

Depends how much you value costumes, accessories, KI1 and KI2. If you just want the characters it'll be $40.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Damn... Think I might have to trade in my DS4 too... I already have to pay $400 + $60 for the console and Xbox Live. Yeah... I guess I don't need two PS4 controllers. Are the extras worth it?

I say it all comes down to your love of KI arcade.

dankir

Now that the select screen layout is changed you see more of the characters themselves I just noticed Spinal's shield is alive? Never noticed the tentacles moving.

Crazy been playing this non stop since release and I Just noticed.

DarkCloud

Here's a question, can I upgrade at anytime? If I pay $40 now just for the characters can I upgrade to the extra pack later?

Not at the moment. they may add the option down the road but currently it's pay full for all...or pay an extra 40 to rebuy the whole season if you change your mind down the line.

Well...it's a good game, but the end result after all this hype is a little anticlimactic.

2 added characters (who you can't use in arcade mode yet)
1 stage finisher out of all the stages (fans have been wanting these since KI Season 1 was announced)

I am literally having the same experience I had playing the game last night, only I was hyped up then but now I'm a little less excited...

This game should have been "Killer Instinct 3" and released in Spring 2015 as a complete game.

I'm sure the development time and what not has affected the content of what is in this build, but the release of this much progress in no way came close to matching the hype Season 2 has been building. Adding 1 new character every 30 days is only going to make the ones before it seem boring and old, as well as the stages.

/rant

P.S....tired and grouchy
P.P.S. The music in this game is phenomenal!

Top Bottom