• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Heatshade

Neo Member
I dont know if I like the ARIA announcer, it just sounds a bit too silent and she doesnt sound as hyped as Mike or Chris.

Its a nice feature tho.

Nine new achievements. Eight of them are for finishing story mode with each character, Omen excluded of course. Last one is "Complete Season 2 Story Mode" which I assume is just beating it with all characters.

.la1n

Different stage ultra on Aria's stage looks much better. Confirmed that's in game or is it just trailer camera angle?

I love the image that KI's Official Twitter account put up, it really shows how diverse the KI cast is. :)
nJ7zW3C.jpg

Reminds me of the old group art of the S1 cast when you beat the game back then. They really should make more of these group shots like how the older KI did back in the day.
NqogAXf.jpg

Skab

I love the image that KI's Official Twitter account put up, it really shows how diverse the KI cast is. :)
nJ7zW3C.jpg

Reminds me of the old group art of the S1 cast when you beat the game back then. They really should make more of these group shots like how the older KI did back in the day.
NqogAXf.jpg

IIRC, there IS a new mural for season 2.

I think Adam even tweeted a tease of it recently? Or maybe it was a textual stream?

Edit: Yeah, it was a textual stream. He gave us two teaser images.

IIRC, there IS a new mural for season 2.

I think Adam even tweeted a tease of it recently? Or maybe it was a textual stream?

Edit: Yeah, it was a textual stream. He gave us two teaser images.
Sweet, can't wait to see the full picture! Probably gonna see it when I play tomorrow, my download still isn't even done yet lol.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
not sure what happened

i finished TJ combo story (only did an ultra against riptor) then the mural unlocked... achievement unlocked... then it went into a loading screen with the training stage in the background.. no characters showed up

Doukou

not sure what happened

i finished TJ combo story (only did an ultra against riptor) then the mural unlocked... achievement unlocked... then it went into a loading screen with the training stage in the background.. no characters showed up

Lol sounds almost like A new challenger approaches except the last part.

still at 90%, started the download right after the announcement.

sooo slow

edit: 15 minutes later at 92%...probably not playing this tonight lol

Chucker

Posted this in the preview thread, but figured it's relevant here.

Had my 360 FightStick hooked up to my PC and started to stream my One to my PC. It read the stick perfectly. Loaded up KI and it ran well enough for me to not drop any combos.

This all becomes moot when KI comes out for PC next year, but for now it's nice.

Yes, I'm sure there is lag, no it wasn't enough to bother me.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
My download was fucked also, took 4 fucking hours.

Anywho I just beat the story w TJ, nothing spectactular but it gets the job done, cool little storyboard loading screens between matches and intro and ending is narrated. Aria even just on Hard was really challenging.

I tried out Aria as an announcer, she sounds really cool in certain samples but strangely off in others.

Update finally finished.

Story mode is alright. Maybe a bit more bare bones than I had anticipated but it's certainly an improvement over season 1.

ARIA as an announcer is pretty terrible though in my opinion.

.la1n

Aw I was hoping the stage finisher camera angle for the Season 2 finale trailer was what they had actually changed the finisher to. Unfortunately it's still the same one that takes way too long. They should really look into doing something more akin to the finale trailer, looked great, no goofy arm swinging, over quickly.

I actually like all of Aria's retro stuff except for the top hat. The default retro looks good in game.

Catch counter is another name for counter, given that name since counter could also be confused with counter hit. I got the piece by doing counters nothing special with them.

Oh alright, for some reason I was thinking it meant counter enemies while they were in the air which seemed a bit ridiculous. Thanks for the clarification.

The amount of teases and blatant references to season 3 in the story is insane. Kan-Ra is probably the most blatant.

Seems like season 3 is going to be all about Gargos.

The amount of teases and blatant references to season 3 in the story is insane. Kan-Ra is probably the most blatant.

Seems like season 3 is going to be all about Gargos.

Looked more like the Tiger Spirit to me. Like Jago's thing..but then again I think DH said that the tiger spirit was actually Gargos all along lol

So far I've done TJs, Mayas, and Kan-Ras. Kan-Ra is my favorite so far.

Skab

Looked more like the Tiger Spirit to me. Like Jago's thing..but then again I think DH said that the tiger spirit was actually Gargos all along lol

So far I've done TJs, Mayas, and Kan-Ras. Kan-Ra is my favorite so far.

In reference to your spoiler tag, that's how it's always been.

.la1n

Yeah I hate it. She's to subdued. I beat story mode with Aganos 99% sure Eagle will he in S3.

That would be pretty sick. The character fits into the story and it's a blank slate more or less they can work with.

I've only finished TJ's story mode so far. I do like the way the story mode plays out now, they did a good job despite limited budget. Would have preferred Max doing the voice overs for cinematics, the guy they have sounds bored.

That would be pretty sick. The character fits into the story and it's a blank slate more or less they can work with.

I've only finished TJ's story mode so far. I do like the way the story mode plays out now, they did a good job despite limited budget. Would have preferred Max doing the voice overs for cinematics, the guy they have sounds bored.

Yea I remember people complaining about Max, but he sounded better than whoever did the final.

Oh man, I finally saw every story bit from the characters. I love how they all go together. And it has me even more hyped for Season 3.

Gargos Shall Return!

If we do get a season 3 I hope the boss feels like a boss. ARIA is alright, but she just feels like a regular character with an extra lifebar.

Doukou

Yah Max would have been much better as a narrator, old one lacks a punch.
I don't know about Eagle, an older brother of Chief Thunder makes me feel like it would be very similar designs and Tusk also might tread similar ground to both. Then again Orchid and Jago are also siblings.

.la1n

Yah Max would have been much better as a narrator, old one lacks a punch.
I don't know about Eagle, an older brother of Chief Thunder makes me feel like it would be very similar designs and Tusk also might tread similar ground to both. Then again Orchid and Jago are also siblings.

Eagle needs a fireball.

Top Bottom