• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Haha, I'm glad there was a Cinder Vs Spinal match, it made people who normally don't watch KI pretty hype since they are some of the crazier characters. Next is Sleep's ridiculous Kan-Ra...

Nori Chan

55k was the peak. So happy it's getting the exposure it deserves. Domi finna get a paycheck from IG making their game ultra hype. We need some stage ultras!

The Flash

Banned
VengQmp.gif

I really should play more KI - EVO was fantastic. I was waiting for more characters in the dojo but since that got dropped I guess have to do things the hard way.

Really hope to see Domi again. He was awesome to watch. That juggle loop was probably the hypest moment of top 8 for me.

That was amazing. Right up there with that Sleep comeback.

The Flash

Banned
I really should play more KI - EVO was fantastic. I was waiting for more characters in the dojo but since that got dropped I guess have to do things the hard way.

Same. I'm not good at fighting games by any means but KI is such a cool game though. Great characters, great music, great community, and fun as hell to watch.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
WOW.....just wow....

KI Top 8 was fucking incredible from start all the way to Grand Finals. I may be biased but just gonna say it, best Evo Top 8 I have ever seen.

All those viewers finally got to see just how fucking amazing this game can be, KI is gonna absolutely kill it on PC.

Skab

Amazing top 8. Really hope it comes back next year.

Also happy to see the overall positive reponse over in the main thread. People actually gave it a chance this year and that makes me happy.

Yeah, this years Top 8 was LEAGUES BETTER than last year for real yo, dat character diversity! I'm so happy it brought so much hype moments through out it which I wasn't expecting at ALL so shout out to all the great players who competed. From Domi's crazy Cinder with the out of this world combos to Sleep's hopeless but hype as hell comeback against My God and then finally ending with Rico's reset, there couldn't be a better way to hype up the game! Really hope it will return at EVO next year and I really hope Microsoft/Iron Galaxy announce Season 3 sooner or later to keep the momentum going.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Any archives?

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1/v/7919999?t=10h02m25s

There you gooo

Yeah, this years Top 8 was LEAGUES BETTER than last year for real yo, dat character diversity! I'm so happy it brought so much hype moments through out it which I wasn't expecting at ALL so shout out to all the great players who competed. From Domi's crazy Cinder with the out of this world combos to Sleep's hopeless but hype as hell comeback against My God and then finally ending with Rico's reset, there couldn't be a better way to hype up the game! Really hope it will return at EVO next year and I really hope Microsoft/Iron Galaxy announce Season 3 sooner or later to keep the momentum going.

i find it amazing that a lot of the hype wasn't from spinal players... who were largely MIA in the top 8

Jarlaxle

Amazing top 8. I was jumping around my house like a lunatic. This game deserves so many more fans.

I haven't played any a pretty long time but I'm firing this up tonight. Anyone want to play against a not great player, send me an invite. GT is Jarlaxle. I may or not be drinking. lol

idk if any of you are watching the KI salty suite but what are they auctioning for?

I'm not watching but I think they're auctioning off characters to use. Each character is only auctioned off once so there are no repeats. The money that's used in the bidding goes into the pot.

That top 8 was one of the best I've seen. Simply amazing, and so glad the fighting game community got to see it and why we love KI so much. Best fighting game I've played and I want to see it grow even more for next year with the PC release and hopefully Season 3 release.

11 characters was in the top 8 showing diversity and balance xD And Domi bringing the Cinder hype. That even surprised me. On stream before the first pools i said I would be shocked if we see a Cinder make it very far,,,,,,,I couldnt be any more pleased that not only was I wrong, but it was with an International player. Swordsman also did really well with Cinder placing in the top 16.

And then we have Fulgore and Rico who played brilliantly all day. If anybody would have told me that Fulgore would win it all, i wouldnt have believed them. Rico and PaulB are my two favorites so i was very happy seeing him win it all, even more so with a character that isn't used much.

I did feel bad for MyGod though going against Sleep. He should have won that first match but gave into the crowd booing. He should have just stood his ground.

Sydle

Top 16 and top 8 were a lot of fun to watch. I also loved seeing the MS/IG crew there, especially Keits because he is so passionate about the game. I hope KI is invited to EVO 2016 and the scene is even bigger due to the PC version and Season 3.

I'm also looking forward to KI World Cup. I wonder if MS is going to contribute to the pot, have a panel there, save an announcement for it, etc.

They need to do another community event to get money for tournament pots for next year.

I fear when the money runs out KI will start dying. With the new player base coming next year from PC, it's perfect timing to have huge pots again and get some more spotlight on the game.

.la1n

They need to do another community event to get money for tournament pots for next year.

I fear when the money runs out KI will start dying. With the new player base coming next year from PC, it's perfect timing to have huge pots again and get some more spotlight on the game.

I would imagine with the success of the one this year they'll do the same next year. The PC version almost guarantees the game isn't going anywhere player base wise for the foreseeable future.

I'd say it's safe to assume if there's nothing about Season 3 at gamescom they are planning a simultaneous Season 3 / PC release to create some more hype around the release.

drotahorror

Finally finished all the Evo matches for KI. First time I've ever watched anything KI competitively, heck first time watching any fighting game tournaments really. Just got KI a few weeks ago and been holding off playing much as I wanted to see who all looked sick to play.

What a sick tourney though. Also the players all seemed to be really nice people and I thought it was awesome how they were all shaking hands, hugging etc, just being supportive.

Maya and Sabrewulf is who I'm bout to play.

Finally finished all the Evo matches for KI. First time I've ever watched anything KI competitively, heck first time watching any fighting game tournaments really. Just got KI a few weeks ago and been holding off playing much as I wanted to see who all looked sick to play.

What a sick tourney though. Also the players all seemed to be really nice people and I thought it was awesome how they were all shaking hands, hugging etc, just being supportive.

Maya and Sabrewulf is who I'm bout to play.
Wulf is very easy to get into imo. He's Rushdown so it's pretty easy to win matches just going Ham.

Once you get the fundamentals down you can start playing more tactically I found.

However I'm too used to Wulf so I find it hard to play anyone else successfully. Fuck it, I'll stick to the Wulf

drotahorror

I'm pretty hype for it to come to PC too. I want a stick but would rather get a ps4 one as it would be more useful for me. I could also use that one on PC.

Sydle

It's already been confirmed a portion of the remaining community fund is going to the KI World Cup.

Nice!

I'd be fine with the 8 characters for season 3 and having one separate character to use for a pot bonus.

Agreed.

If the new Shadow Jago is well received then they'll probably do the same limited availability plus KI Gold promotion with Omen. The community is still saying Omen is a lazy design and he requires too much work to win compared to the other characters, so tweaking his design, making a retro, adding accessories, and adjusting his moves to make him more competitive would probably be something the community gets behind.

The community seems adamant about Eyedol being included, so I could see him being the bonus character for Season 3, available as part of the Ultra edition (e.g., $40), where MS makes a portion of the first two weeks of sales part of the tournament pot for the new year.

Top Bottom