• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Vitacat

So I just bought KI Season 2 today.

Anyone else notice font corruption in text screens?

Basically, I noticed during the story screens sometimes the text has weird extra pixels attached to some of the letters. Hard to explain but hoping someone can confirm this for me as a known bug.

Sydle

Just got through listening to the KI World Cup stream and they had Brandon, the guy who started it, come on at the end where he basically confirmed he's been working with MS to already plan the next KI World Cup and the location is hype. More details announced at the end of KIWC I guess?

Glad to hear MS is still planning on investing in the tournament scene. Hopefully the game grows and we start getting a bigger international scene as well.

rrc1594

Just got through listening to the KI World Cup stream and they had Brandon, the guy who started it, come on at the end where he basically confirmed he's been working with MS to already plan the next KI World Cup and the location is hype. More details announced at the end of KIWC I guess?

Glad to hear MS is still planning on investing in the tournament scene. Hopefully the game grows and we start getting a bigger international scene as well.

I think the way MS has handled KI is near perfect.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

Great news.

Man it will never be boston, but I hope it's boston. New York would be cool too.

.la1n

The way he worded it made it seem like it could be at a different time of the year.

I'm not opposed to somewhere north east, would certainly make travel for me easier. I would think he'd probably keep it around Texas though.

https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/691670513135976448

Saturday 1/30/16
10am Central
KI World Cup
Full S3 Rebalance Tour
New Character Demo
Live on http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood
Be there.

https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/691674290916184064

You know those Tender Moments streams where we show patch notes?

Imagine that for the entire S3 Rebalance in front of a live audience.

https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/691674415063404544

The crowd reactions are going to be ridiculous.

Saturday can't come fast enough!

Sydle

That's exciting!

Can't decide if I want to be there live (it's just a little over an hour drive from Austin) or see the meltdowns on Twitch chat.

EDIT: So it seems there is only one new playable character for this Saturday? I hope it's Kim Wu...or the vampire.

You can do both!

Would be sensory overload > _ <

Doukou

Guessing game anyone?

New character is 2nd guest character(Joanna Dark).
Major character redesigns are Riptor and Spinal.
TJ will get his combo trait boosted with a new part
Aganos' instinct will get reworked.
Kan Ra will get nerfed move wise but buffed damage
Omen's single fire ball will be straight:
Fulgore will get its eye laser high changed to a different angle.
Tusk's sword

Dr. Buni

I'd prefer to see a new character instead of Kim Wu, at least for now, but I am probably in the minority. I wouldn't mind seeing Tusk though, I am curious about his redesign.

Keits

Developer

There are no 'major character redesigns'. There are reworks.

In S2, for instance, we "reworked" Jago's instinct, and Fulgore's meter. These are not major character redesigns. Don't panic :)

.la1n

3 hour live audience season 3 balance changes + season 3 new character show case? You guys got some balls doing a balance show case that way ;)

Can't wait!

New character has got to be Kim Wu, there's no way they'd tease it so long ago and not show her first.

Not around for Cinder last season? Teased during the first trailer for Season 2 but not released until waaaaaaay later.

dankir

Guessing game anyone?

New character is 2nd guest character(Joanna Dark).
TJ will get his combo trait boosted with a new part
Aganos' instinct will get reworked.
Kan Ra will get nerfed move wise but buffed damage
Omen's single fire ball will be straight:
Fulgore will get its eye laser high changed to a different angle.
Tusk's sword

Isgreen said Aganos is getting some big changes actually.

Goddammit, I'm going to be on a plane during the demo :( Well furiously check details when I land for a few hours for my layover.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
What I mean by that is its not Rash.
Ah ok I read too much into it. So it could be be Kim after all but I'm still leaning towards an all new IG character.

Either way can't wait, haven't been this hyped since the initial 2013 E3 announcement.

So it seems like we'll get gameplay before we get a trailer for the new character? I'm hoping Kim Wu or Tusk is revealed on Friday. Best way to start the season would be with a returning character IMO

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Even if Kim or Tusk are of varying levels of personal interest, I find it hard to say there's any character I'm not looking forward to seeing IG's version of. They and DH both showed a lot of inspiration within the frameworks set by old KI, and that makes it somewhat more fun to see what they do with characters, than even the new wrinkles presented in something like SFV.

With KI news this weekend, SFV Beta & Story mode stuff, KoF being at the Taipei gameshow from Friday with a hopefully updated build, and even stuff like the MKX Kombat pack around the corner, and even the recent reveal of Nina in Tekken 7, there's so much Fighting stuff going on right now!

Ugh. KI finals on Saturday again. :[

I'm not too sad about it but it makes sense since all the other games have a way larger fan base/players compared to KI. With S3/PC version releasing in March, we'll see how bigger the player base will get by July and hopefully it can get Sunday finals in the next Evo if it brings enough hype this year. If anything, us KI fans should be hyped for this weekend when all the new info that's gonna be coming in! Still, KI at Evo is back and I'm glad for that already!

Even if Kim or Tusk are of varying levels of personal interest, I find it hard to say there's any character I'm not looking forward to seeing IG's version of. They and DH both showed a lot of inspiration within the frameworks set by old KI, and that makes it somewhat more fun to see what they do with characters, than even the new wrinkles presented in something like SFV.

With KI news this weekend, SFV Beta & Story mode stuff, KoF being at the Taipei gameshow from Friday with a hopefully updated build, and even stuff like the MKX Kombat pack around the corner, and even the recent reveal of Nina in Tekken 7, there's so much Fighting stuff going on right now!
Don't forget Smash DLC! It's a good time for fighting games.

I'll be disappointed if it's not Kim Wu, because I want to be extremely excited.. but, if it ends up being the vampire character, I'll be back on that train!

It was expected, but I'm happy to have KI at EVO again. :)

I think a Vampire or Gargoyle (Gargos?) would be a great start.

Yes, it's Gargos. :p

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
4 achievements away from 100%.

150 fight titles with ARIA and Cinder
200 matches with ARIA and Cinder

Grinding away now. I'm at 130 fight titles with ARIA and about 100 matches roughly.

.la1n

Grinding away now. I'm at 130 fight titles with ARIA and about 100 matches roughly.

I wish had the mental fortitude but I get burned out pretty quick unless I'm doing things I normally would like multiplayer matches.

Already finished my 100% on achievements. I'm working on all colors for all characters.

As I've said before, it's awful. And I fucking love this game.

Top Bottom