• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

vg260

Anyone recall if IG ever said anything about d-input sticks on PC?

I know they didn't say much, and I remember them mentioning you could use your own sticks, but I'm wondering if being a Windows 10 app means you can only use x-input sticks.

dankir

Have we got any indication what the Ultra pack will include this season? You think they'll have all those details ready when the release date drops?

So since the embargo for that Microsoft press event is next Tuesday I'm guessing that's when we find out the release date.

Probably a full press release from Microsoft about release date, price, content, etc. and then the press can post all their write ups and footage,

The Flash

Banned
So since the embargo for that Microsoft press event is next Tuesday I'm guessing that's when we find out the release date.

Probably a full press release from Microsoft about release date, price, content, etc. and then the press can post all their write ups and footage,

Hope so. I'm moving to a different apartment on the 14th so the sooner I know when this thing comes out the better I can plan accordingly.

vg260

Yeah, that does jive with some of what the devs have been saying about not expecting anything while the event is happening and outlets needing time for write-ups.

Also from recent posts it sounds like stage variations aren't being worked on either.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

welp

It's always good when a big wig says these things for you... I wanted to tell you all, but didn't know if i could release the date. Well now that he has - info drops March 1st!

PLEASE don't expect things to happen on Thursday.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Not knowing the date isn't that big a deal to me. Most Xbox Live releases in the past were only known very close to their release times. It's only been within the past year or 2 they've gotten better, but you still have many things that are normally announced only 1 week in advance, like the release dates for SMITE patches.

Not knowing what's IN the final version of the release, however, is really annoying. I still don't understand why we don't know about the existence of an "Ultra" edition yet. Like The Flash said, people need to be able to plan for this stuff.

Oh well, at least we should see the "full" Arbiter trailer this week, right? So we'll get that delayed tease. But real info is yet another week away. This comparatively empty amount of time between SFV's release, and the wait for MKX's Combo Pack 2 would have been a nice time to see more KI...

vg260

Best to set expectations for the game to release at the very end of March to avoid disappointment.

A huge info drop on March 1 will hold me over.

The earliest I think season 3 will release is the 21st and that's only if they want to get it out before Easter and make sure everything launches okay. Gives them essentially a week long buffer to make sure it rolls out smoothly before the holiday.

.la1n

Best to set expectations for the game to release at the very end of March to avoid disappointment.

A huge info drop on March 1 will hold me over.

Why does it always have to be the end of the month :(

At least there is SF V and MK X new content to hold me over.

shandy706

Slightly OT, but so excited this came in today. Going to leave it in the box for now...till we move, but I had to take a sneak peek.

2016-02-2319.32.2721jr9x.jpg

(Minus his sword which is included)

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Probably a dumbass, but I can not figure out how to get Shadow Jago. It says Bundle only, and I select that and it brings me to somewhere where I can't buy anything. Halp.

I think most folks are in agreement that the teaser is for Tusk. I just have one question:

Tusk is basically Conan the Barbarian. Without the time travel aspect in this KI season 3, how will Tusk be characterized?

Sydle

Max doing work.

Probably the full Arbiter trailer with the tease at the end. I hope it's a new original character.

I think most folks are in agreement that the teaser is for Tusk. I just have one question:

Tusk is basically Conan the Barbarian. Without the time travel aspect in this KI season 3, how will Tusk be characterized?

Was there a hint by the devs that Tusk was the next reveal?

Was there a hint by the devs that Tusk was the next reveal?

I don't believe there's been any official hints that the reveal is for Tusk, there's been no hints at what character the teaser is for.

I just think that most folks are thinking it'll be for Tusk. Outside of Gargos, he's the last remaining character from KI2 that hasn't been revealed.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Some form of Cloud, or some heavy metal rocker-style dude. You'll always have the alt to make him look like a pure careman. He's not too far off, thematically, from where Maya already is.

Sydle

I don't believe there's been any official hints that the reveal is for Tusk, there's been no hints at what character the teaser is for.

I just think that most folks are thinking it'll be for Tusk. Outside of Gargos, he's the last remaining character from KI2 that hasn't been revealed.

I think he'll be the Fulgore or Cinder of the season, coming in right before the boss character. We'll see soon. : )

I have a shago question.

I bought the community bundle when it was around back in June but didn't have my xbone hooked up at the time.

Since then I've gotten it running again and never got jago unlocked. I didn't really have plans on using him so I never thought about it but what gives? Is there something else I have to do? Is there just an xbox store page I grab him from now?

this OT is going to be so good. so so good

¡HarlequinPanic!;196486640 said:
I have a shago question.

I bought the community bundle when it was around back in June but didn't have my xbone hooked up at the time.

Since then I've gotten it running again and never got jago unlocked. I didn't really have plans on using him so I never thought about it but what gives? Is there something else I have to do? Is there just an xbox store page I grab him from now?

Might have to install him, look in your ready to install section.

dankir

So next trailer has to be release date and S3 preview right? I'm pretty sure it'll launch with the 4 new characters we've seen.

Or is there still more to come?

I have to say that I'm now disappointed that Gargos isn't getting a stage, unless they surprise us with one.

On another disappointment, not liking how Tusks' stage is at all coming from his past stage and the fact it's our final one (if true)

Ah well, curious as to how he'll play when they eventually show off his trailer. :V

The Flash

Banned
Is that the last stage then? Is it me or does it look like a Spinal stage reskin (and hence not a new stage, let me get my hopes up)?

Your hopes are up. They said they aren't reworking old stages. Tusk's stage is entirely new.

Edit:

Rep on the KI forum said we'd be seeing the third stage soon enough, so that looks to be it.

Does seem very similar to Spinal's though in theme from the tease.

Say what?

Top Bottom