• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

.la1n

Sajam plays more Fulgore now, he used to primarily play Maya but that was some time ago. Guttermagic is a Thunder main unless things have changed, don't really follow him very closely.

They're trying to do a concentrated media blast at the same time while giving all outlets a chance to get the news out when it's freshest. It's more likely to get wider coverage with sites hoping people go to their site first.

Like I would take anything someone who was invited to a press only event has to say seriously. I can also probably count on one hand the amount of "gaming journalist" who are competent fighting game players.

vg260

Like I would take anything someone who was invited to a press only event has to say seriously. I can also probably count on one hand the amount of "gaming journalist" who are competent fighting game players.

What does that matter really? That's not really the point of an event embargo. The die hard fans might roll their eyes at some coverage, but the more journalists talking about the game the better, regardless of skill. I'd be happy to see the game getting more mainstream coverage from so-called "incompetent" fighting game journalists. It's counterproductive to limit the coverage and maintains the image of the exclusionary image of the genre to blast coverage because the one showing /playing the game is not good. We know where to go for the real nitty gritty info, so if this is better to blast out the info more widely, so be it.

.la1n

What does that matter really? That's not really the point of an event embargo. The die hard fans might roll their eyes at some coverage, but the more journalists talking about the game the better, regardless of skill. I'd be happy to see the game getting more mainstream coverage from so-called "incompetent" fighting game journalists. It's counterproductive to limit the coverage and maintains the image of the exclusionary image of the genre to blast coverage because the one showing /playing the game is not good. We know where to go for the real nitty gritty info, so if this is better to blast out the info more widely, so be it.

If that's true and die hard fans find coverage elsewhere then why not release the information today for those of us that know where to find it while still letting the press talk about it next week for those who don't follow as closely? I get the mass market appeal idea but an embargo itself doesn't make sense if it's intended to only reach the casual market. As far as incompetent journalist are concerned, I would like to think we'd all like to be informed by someone capable of informing properly - whether it be movies, sports, politics, etc.

Synth

If that's true and die hard fans find coverage elsewhere then why not release the information today for those of us that know where to find it while still letting the press talk about it next week for those who don't follow as closely? I get the mass market appeal idea but an embargo itself doesn't make sense if it's intended to only reach the casual market. As far as incompetent journalist are concerned, I would like to think we'd all like to be informed by someone capable of informing properly - whether it be movies, sports, politics, etc.

Because we'd start to spread the information ourselves... essentially making us the only people not NDA'd, screwing over everyone that actually attended the event?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
If that's true and die hard fans find coverage elsewhere then why not release the information today for those of us that know where to find it while still letting the press talk about it next week for those who don't follow as closely?

"If the mass media is interested in having a fair shake at revealing info at the same time, why not reveal said info quietly to the hardcore days before!" ??? Would that not make the info less valuable to them? Why would they want to do that?

I get the mass market appeal idea but an embargo itself doesn't make sense if it's intended to only reach the casual market. As far as incompetent journalist are concerned, I would like to think we'd all like to be informed by someone capable of informing properly - whether it be movies, sports, politics, etc.

For the life of the game, you want it to do what is best for it's profits and income. Whether they're paying for exclusives, getting paid for assisting page views to a website with exclusive info, of having week-long spreads on IGN or such doling out info that some hardcore outlet could tell us in 1 video, keeping info for situations like this is all part of the games marketing.

I've often felt that all these things like IGN Exclusive trailers and review embargos, actually look good for KI. While many during initial reveal thought of it as some old series that deserved to be left with other "Me too!" clones from the past, these events treat it like some big AAA title. To at least some part of the public eye, it looks like an EVENT, rather than just some small indie-ish niche title.

The Flash

Banned
cookie_monster_waiting.gif

.la1n

I think you guys might have missed entirely the point I was trying to make. It's not really an argument worth having though, I understand why the embargo exist. Let's all just be excited for March 1st and more information :)

So what do you guys think we'll get Tuesday? I'm thinking release date, full tusk reveal, launch trailer, and pricing.

Release date, launch/season content, pre-order details.

Not sure about any trailers. I don't think we'll get the launch trailer until the week of release and I expect they'll use the Tusk trailer for the stretch during the middle of the month.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Since it's all embargo'd, I'd like something meaty.

But I think it's best to keep expectations low, just in case.

Hands-on time from press outlets, a few pieces of artwork for the initial cast, and maybe a tease of the new UI?

The Flash

Banned
I was trying to think of some, but honestly: "The Arbiter Has Come to Hear You Beg" is pretty good.

It makes me wonder what you've cooked up for Rash.

jdIgXtN.gif

@ultimatetoy will your other figures be limited? Or was it just shadow jago that was limited?
https://twitter.com/HeartyCentaur76/status/703620903536439296

. @HeartyCentaur76 great question! No the rest of the wave one figures will not be limited.
https://twitter.com/ultimatetoy/status/703624568913666050

Arby n' Rash figures pls

The Flash

Banned
Was a pleasure to write that and be part of the project overall. Can't wait for you all to get your hands on it! :)

Couldn't have posted it at a better time. The wait for the NDA to lift on Thursday's press event has been grueling so this helps in a big way. Hope to see you and Stinkles in the next OT :)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
you forgot the worst part

"If you're interested in learning even more about the Arbiter in Killer Instinct Season 3, it might be prudent to check out the Halo World Championship Finals on March 18-20, 2016, just saying."

late march season 3 nooooooooo

The Flash

Banned

"If you're interested in learning even more about the Arbiter in Killer Instinct Season 3, it might be prudent to check out the Halo World Championship Finals on March 18-20, 2016, just saying."

Nah uh, man. That's exactly what I wanted. The further away the release date is the more time I have to prepare the OT and the more time my fiend has to work on my commission. I'm also going to be moving to a new apartment in the middle of the month so that's another reason this is good for me at least.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Huge info dump on Arbiter.

Made a new thread for it as well.
Nice read, gives us a little more background on why they went the route they did with him.

Cmon son, you had to see that coming. At this point I'm just hoping it doesn't get pushed to April lol.

vg260

Nah uh, man. That's exactly what I wanted. The further away the release date is the more time I have to prepare the OT and the more time my fiend has to work on my commission. I'm also going to be moving to a new apartment in the middle of the month so that's another reason this is good for me at least.

Stop being so selfish! :p We want it earlier!

Shouldn't have been a press only event to begin with, what exactly do the press do nowadays for gaming anyway. Just give it to some YouTube personalities and call it a day.

Both are considered one in the same now. So it's probably just a total Embargo on the information.

This game is going to make me pay real money to get direct feed captures of the concept art isn't?

So be it.

Do you mean the "hero art"? The hero art like this?

If so, you can get these character arts off of the Microsoft store, you'll just have to finagle with each page's source code to find the link which contains the art. If you want, I can PM them all to you.

If you mean the actual concept art in the game, then...yeah, I'm not sure where that can be found.

I prefer option A.

The Flash

Banned
If you mean the actual concept art in the game, then...yeah, I'm not sure where that can be found.

I was needing the concept art of the stages. Luckily I had enough KI gold to unlock the ones that I couldn't find on the internet. Thanks for the offer though.

Let it be known that I did consider putting gifs of the new abilities in the banners but quickly learned that would take way too much work and would kill people on mobile. Well, it's probably going to kill mobile users anyway...

Also if you haven't figured it out yet, this OT is going to be very green and purple.

Top Bottom