• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Aah well, thematically weird, I was expecting the last one to be some sort of neutral ground so the remaining characters would fit on it at least. Looks pretty at least.

Edit: At least I'm not the only one seeing it, big boat to the right, lake/ocean backdrop, corpses/boats strewn about, plus a time of day change.

Doukou

Looks great, reminds me of that fake concept art months ago.
Stage looks great too, they are adding a lot of 3D elements to them.

Cb_0QVvXIAEdr8-.jpg:large

Adam retweeted that.

Only in my dreams will that exist though :(

Im not big into rebuying consoles but id probably buy that KI console o_O

By the way was that Tusk map a variant of Spinal's? If so that would likely mean other characters may get variants on maps that already exist.

.la1n

Pretty cool of them to have the (I assume) launch line up include Kim Wu and Tusk. I like the sound of the theme and the viking aesthetic. I'm okay with another ice stage, those are always my favorite especially if they implement fun weather effects. Solid line up for launch if that is indeed the four launch characters.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm still silently hoping for 8 more characters to give us a nice round 30

And I hope all of them are strange from here on out

1. Kim Wu
2. Tusk
3. Arbiter
4. Rash
5. Gargos
6. "Vampire"
Eyedol

I'm still holding out for my character type to pop up as one of the characters to be revealed.

Djinn, or Wendigo.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
With all this cool shit coming does anyone else feel completely unmotivated to touch KI until Season 3 drops?

I need that new hotness.

The Flash

Banned
With all this cool shit coming does anyone else feel completely unmotivated to touch KI until Season 3 drops?

I need that new hotness.

I haven't really done anything with the game since Rash got taken out. I'm planning on doing a series called "Watch Some Loser Play Killer Instinct" on my YT channel after S3 comes out though.

edit:

I'm so frickin' bored

G27lofr.png

The Flash

Banned
Opinions needed

Character Section

Top block is S1 characters
Bottom block is S2 characters

or

Left column is S1 characters
Right column is S2 characters

The Flash

Banned
That's what I was leaning towards. I thought of the column idea and was wondering if it was worth entertaining. Thanks guys.

I am going to put S3 characters at the top though under "New Characters" since this season is little bit more about them. Everyone else will be under "Returning Characters".

.la1n

I just need that release date so I can take off work that day. I give the team shit some times but I love this game.

Looking forward to that OT Flash.

.la1n

Hopefully in a week or two we can get a stream showing off the Arbiter and Tusk, that would help ease the wait.

Kind of crazy how I thought I didn't give two shits about some of these characters then the trailers/teasers come out and my excitement/anticipation for them blows up. Happened with both Arbiter and Tusk, Tusk especially. The whole celtic and/or viking thing just appeals to me in a major way.

.la1n

Really hope that embargo is up midnight EST on tuesday so we don't have to wait for info.

Shouldn't have been a press only event to begin with, what exactly do the press do nowadays for gaming anyway. Just give it to some YouTube personalities and call it a day.

Shouldn't have been a press only event to begin with, what exactly do the press do nowadays for gaming anyway. Just give it to some YouTube personalities and call it a day.

Yea I really don't get why they can't announce it before media releases impressions. Why not show us the stuff on Monday, and Tuesday we see what the media thought?

Sajam's main is Maya correct?

I think so, I don't remember the last time seeing him play though lol.

vg260

Yea I really don't get why they can't announce it before media releases impressions. Why not show us the stuff on Monday, and Tuesday we see what the media thought?

They're trying to do a concentrated media blast at the same time while giving all outlets a chance to get the news out when it's freshest. It's more likely to get wider coverage with sites hoping people go to their site first.

Top Bottom