• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

The Flash

Banned
It kind of cheapens the stages for me. Like hearing Kan-Ra's stage music on Orchid's or someone else's stage feels like it doesn't fit. The music seemed to mesh with the environment really well.

Just my opinion though

understandable

The struggle to finish the OT is real guys. There's so much we don't know about the game still. It's getting difficult for me to devote time to this when there's so many unknowns. It'll get done but...yeah.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Character select is improved but nothing special..I do like the character intros when you select them.

Lvl 4 ender zoom ins seem cool, hopefully they don't get old too fast.

I like the new Vs screen.

Oh and that Kim Wu retro WAS Black and Gold

DopeyFish and Troubled Bat I have something for you..

dietguidelines.jpg

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Character select is improved but nothing special..I do like the character intros when you select them.

Lvl 4 ender zoom ins seem cool, hopefully they don't get old too fast.

I like the new Vs screen.

Oh and that Kim Wu retro WAS Black and Gold

DopeyFish and Troubled Bat I have something for you..

dietguidelines.jpg

IT WAS GREEN IN THE PICTURE ;_;

.la1n

wow. they're banning people who mention Raam in the chat. smh. let it go guys.

It just makes everyone involved on the development side look really childish. Combine that with removing threads on the official forums and having Max take down his video is so cringe inducing I could probably twist my neck from it. It's like they've completely forgotten it's 2016 and the internet exist in it's current state.

I would have respected everyone involved so much more if they had just moved past it without the try hard attitude. I'd think by now everyone knows the more you try to push against things like this the more the other side pushes harder. It's a losing battle. I doubt the guys over at IG really had anything to do with it to be honest, they are all close to my age or a bit older so they know how these things work.

It's funny, the guys over at MS went from earning a lot of respect for being one of the first developers to be really open about what was going on with a game in development to completely losing every bit of that good will leading up to Season 3 launch.

Oh, and last but not least they still have that brightness blow out at the end of matches. Such a silly thing but damn it's been a bug forever now.

Sydle

It just makes everyone involved on the development side look really childish. Combine that with removing threads on the official forums and having Max take down his video is so cringe inducing I could probably twist my neck from it. It's like they've completely forgotten it's 2016 and the internet exist in it's current state.

I would have respected everyone involved so much more if they had just moved past it without the try hard attitude. I'd think by now everyone knows the more you try to push against things like this the more the other side pushes harder. It's a losing battle. I doubt the guys over at IG really had anything to do with it to be honest, they are all close to my age or a bit older so they know how these things work.

It's funny, the guys over at MS went from earning a lot of respect for being one of the first developers to be really open about what was going on with a game in development to completely losing every bit of that good will leading up to Season 3 launch.

I feel the same. I do not like the way they're handling it at all.

Oh I'm glad all we had to do was ask! Haha nbd that it comes out in less then two weeks but some games have pre-orders months in advance!!

lol!!!!!!!!!!

gfrYrHK.gif

man im way too salty over this

Oh, and last but not least they still have that brightness blow out at the end of matches. Such a silly thing but damn it's been a bug forever now.

Not sure why they couldn't just acknowledge the leak in a blog post. Bungie did it when Destiny stuff leaked. I'm not saying to post "Yes Mira and RAAM coming soon!" but just say, "Yes some stuff may have leaked, but we will look forward to showing you more season 3 things soon"

.la1n

Oh, and lmao at Tusk's face still looking terrible. Would have thought he would have gotten some love like Kim but guess they didn't have time. I am so used to the character's themes incorporated into their stage design that it just feels really bizarre with any other themes on those stages. Nice effort but just not the same.

Yeah, pretending the leak doesn't exist and shutting down all discussion of it is kind of awkward. Even them saying "we've seen it, no comment" would be an improvement.

Oh, and lmao at Tusk's face still looking terrible. Would have thought he would have gotten some love like Kim but guess they didn't have time. I am so used to the character's themes incorporated into their stage design that it just feels really bizarre with any other themes on those stages. Nice effort but just not the same.

Man I really hope Shadow Lords is incredible, because if that's what took resources from stages and it ends up being mediocre...yikes

.la1n

Man I really hope Shadow Lords is incredible, because if that's what took resources from stages and it ends up being mediocre...yikes

The new lighting really does look fantastic but given the choice I would have still chosen to have each character with their own stage.

tapedeck

Am I color blind? I think I might be color blind.

You guys don't know when to quit lol.

Like I said yesterday, the stage lighting has a pretty obvious green hue affecting the appearance of her outfit in that shot...but noooooo you just had to dig in and tell me how wrong I was.

I also think it's funny that Troubled Bat was so confident Kim Wu's standard and retro faces were the same when it's been confirmed they aren't. Eat up dudes. :)

ElTopo

Banned
Two more weeks and I can finally play this game for the first time. It is going to be hard to split my time between this and the first DLC character in SF V.

You guys don't know when to quit lol.

Like I said yesterday, the stage lighting has a pretty obvious green hue affecting the appearance of her outfit in that shot...but noooooo you just had to dig in and tell me how wrong I was.

I also think it's funny that Troubled Bat was so confident Kim Wu's standard and retro faces were the same when it's been confirmed they aren't. Eat up dudes. :)

First off, I used a comparison. She's wearing black on that specific outfit, and it was the same angle! You can't tell me the green hue was affecting it! LIES A BUNCH OF LIES

ILLUMINATI

Also, whatchu' mean you don't know when to quit? All I said was that I may be color blind? lol I said that because there was she does have different make-up compared to the default. Which was noticeable. Plus the eyes, of course.

tapedeck

First off, I used a comparison. She's wearing black on that specific outfit, and it was the same angle! You can't tell me the green hue was affecting it! LIES A BUNCH OF LIES

ILLUMINATI

Also, whatchu' mean you don't know when to quit? All I said was that I may be color blind? lol I said that because there was she does have different make-up compared to the default. Which was noticeable. Plus the eyes, of course.
Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

vg260

I have no problem with how they have handled the leaks. They aren't ready to discuss it yet, and dont want it discussed on their official forums and streams. That's their prerogative. Not childish at all, imo.

Jawmuncher

Pricing this friday? Interesting, i'm curious with what they'll do. After getting two ultimate editions. I can say that unless there's a additional game again. The regular version will be fine. I never use the Customization or classic costumes.

Synth

DopeyFish and Troubled Bat have been set up. It was blatantly green in that pic.

With that said tho, DopeyFish's new defense pic isn't helping. The hair is tinted green at the back, lol.

I saw on UC forum someone screen capped Kim's accessories I hope they do Rash's too. Don't want to waste my data going through the archive.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I saw on UC forum someone screen capped Kim's accessories I hope they do Rash's too. Don't want to waste my data going through the archive.

Part of the Archive: https://www.twitch.tv/killerinstinct/v/54658230

10 Minutes into this vid, they start showing Rash's Accessories, and then Kim Wu. After that, you see a splash of one of Arbiters on the Chara Select Screen. They also go over a few of the Select screen animations in this vid. If you want to see the new stuff, this is a pretty good section to watch. (The Max vid is only 24 min long too, so not the worse for bandwidth.)

For those who don't dare brave Ultracombo, here's Kim's sets:
49b203fe89f3a72c4ad91fce15ad407458647eaf_1_500x312.jpg
b3506b522988330dbe674914d141b226aa95dbc9_1_500x312.jpg

9105d948c9edca4358bebfb40484a3903b39780d_1_500x312.jpg
7ee418382d49aaef0fac356b2f1f182539060bd6_1_500x312.jpg

5cf00499463e501d2a3abdbe19584732c78bd7c5_1_500x312.jpg
31b596fd2964aa88bf4b85165e9a0a29c644cd25_1_500x312.jpg

Each stage in the game has music that I feel perfectly matches the tone. This new system is kinda lame to me.

For example Wulfs music fits very well with his stage. It's gonna sound kinda dumb to hear it on TJ combos stage. I'd hope the music selector sticks to default for whatever stage is picked.

Just means I'll probably never hear the music for characters with no stage. I really like having the music for each stage as they all seem to fit so well.

Nothing to be done really, better to have options given the situation were in. It's just gonna suck playing matches and someone picks music and a stage that completely contrast each other.

Oh well.

vg260

Classic Tusk looks similar to classic Riptor in that I don't think I'd ever choose the redesigned one over the classic.

tapedeck

Each stage in the game has music that I feel perfectly matches the tone. This new system is kinda lame to me.

For example Wulfs music fits very well with his stage. It's gonna sound kinda dumb to hear it on TJ combos stage. I'd hope the music selector sticks to default for whatever stage is picked.

Just means I'll probably never hear the music for characters with no stage. I really like having the music for each stage as they all seem to fit so well.

Nothing to be done really, better to have options given the situation were in. It's just gonna suck playing matches and someone picks music and a stage that completely contrast each other.

Oh well.
Totally agree.

The current implementation of the feature is too intrusive..it should be presented as a secondary option menu that must be deliberately opened....you must press a button (like RB or LB) to bring up the music selection menu, it shouldn't automatically pop up like I believe it does now.

Also classic Tusk better have his face paint as an accessory.

hwalker84

Totally agree.

The current implementation of the feature is too intrusive..it should be presented as a secondary option menu that must be deliberately opened....you must press a button (like RB or LB) to bring up the music selection menu, it shouldn't automatically pop up like I believe it does now.

It doesn't automatically pop up.

tapedeck

It doesn't automatically pop up.
Wait so they literally are pressing Y to change the music before every single match of that entire stream...? Gross, I'm glad it's a side option but certainly didn't appear that way watching.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Totally agree.

You press Y to choose it right now

But IMO you should have a hotkey like RB to auto switch to your current characters music because the way it is, changing to the next 4 characters music will be cumbersome

hwalker84

So stage wise:

Kim Wu
Tusk
Arbiter

So no stage for the boss? Music select to make up for it... Sigh. I'm still in day one but i was hoping this wasn't the case and something was lost in translation.

Praying for Ultra Edition stages or this whole thing is a fake out... PLEASE BE :(

tapedeck

You press Y to choose it right now

But IMO you should have a hotkey like RB to auto switch to your current characters music because the way it is, changing to the next 4 characters music will be cumbersome
Yeah I could see that getting annoying fast.

So stage wise:

Kim Wu
Tusk
Arbiter

So no stage for the boss? Music select to make up for it... Sigh. I'm still in day one but i was hoping this wasn't the case and something was lost in translation.

Praying for Ultra Edition stages or this whole thing is a fake out... PLEASE BE :(
At this point I really don't care about every character not getting their own stage, there's a ton of stages in the game already and with Mick being gone my hype for new character music is pretty much dead.

I'd much rather we get some new fucking Season 1 retros but I'm losing faith by the minute that's ever gonna happen.

Another double post by me, last one I promise (unless we learn about pricing in the next 2 minutes)

Figures are up

http://ultimatesourcekillerinstinct.com/

shago color 11

Cdmhu_PWoAAYrJ_.jpg

Buy the non-limited shago figure. So if you already bought Shago in the limited run and want color 11...you gotta buy again it seems.

l o l
This makes me so angry 😠

It's the same damn figure. There was nothing limited about it. I bought one 5000 limited edition Shago boxes. Yay me...I just love being fucked by bullshit marketing.

This makes me so angry 😠

It's the same damn figure. There was nothing limited about it. I bought one 5000 limited edition Shago boxes. Yay me...I just love being fucked by bullshit marketing.

They probably over estimated how many people would buy. They should have just made like 500 so that way it was actually limited.

Top Bottom