• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Theres a couple of her standard accessories I like, the jacket is kinda cool. But Holy Hell those retro accessories are lazy as fuck...putting them ON TOP of her outfit?? Why even bother, and of course they'll use the tired excuse that they don't want to over sexualize the character, please..I highly doubt anyone would get offended by her skin showing in a bridal corset or tank top.

On the plus side her standard face actually looks pretty good now.

McKSm5w.png
Finally some confirmation, and it's good news.

I might make a pricing infographic today since it seems a lot of new people are confused on how pricing works. Probably super basic, but at least it will help inform people that S3 Ultra edition doesn't get you ALL the characters in the game.

mdsfx

For some reason I'm not confident that the windows 10 version of this will be without issues.

I hope I didn't spend $40 on a disaster :(

hwalker84

For some reason I'm not confident that the windows 10 version of this will be without issues.

I hope I didn't spend $40 on a disaster :(

Well it comes out in 9 days and we haven't seen it or heard a peep about it since the specs were released...

.la1n

If it's one thing IG are efficient and well known for its ports, assuming they are given proper time to do them (aka not Arkham Knight.) PC will be just fine.

Well it comes out in 9 days and we haven't seen it or heard a peep about it since the specs were released...

It's probably buried in his Twitter somewhere because I can't find it on here or the official forums but Keits has said a few times that some of the footage that came out on the 1st was the PC version and I believe he specifically mentioned IGN.

So this is likely the PC version.

def sim

It's probably buried in his Twitter somewhere because I can't find it on here or the official forums but Keits has said a few times that some of the footage that came out on the 1st was the PC version and I believe he specifically mentioned IGN.

So this is likely the PC version.

It was mentioned in the bombcast that the PC version was in the spring showcase too.

The video linked is showing 360 buttons, so you're likely right.

vg260

Finally some confirmation, and it's good news.

Phew. Glad those premiums are included in the Ultra. That would have been disappointing if not considering they were in the past. Happy the 18,000 KI Gold will be able to be used for something else. I'm betting more costumes.

vg260

I feel pretty confident the PC version will be fine considering it's a Microsoft game and they are working closely on it/supervising. Especially since the requirements are fairly low.

edit: after reading more about UWA issues, I'm back to being nervous. At least I'll have the Xbox as a fallback.

.la1n

Good for the confirmation. I wanted to horde that gold in case there are more things to use it for this season. I did use a few times to stack XP on double XP events so I'm probably part of the problem :|

mdsfx

I feel pretty confident the PC version will be fine considering it's a Microsoft game and they are working closely on it/supervising. Especially since the requirements are fairly low.

edit: after reading more about UWA issues, I'm back to being nervous. At least I'll have the Xbox as a fallback.

Exactly where I've been, except with no Xbox to fall back on :(

Good for the confirmation. I wanted to horde that gold in case there are more things to use it for this season. I did use a few times to stack XP on double XP events so I'm probably part of the problem :|

heh me too. I bought the three day and pretty much just sat on KI all weekend grinding to 50..all I have left is ARIA and Omen. Probably not gonna do Omen though since he only has 6 colors.

SimonM7

What I would like to know is simply how much it will cost me on PC, and if I can buy all the content that's been released so far?

Yeah, that there is no complete 1-3 edition on offer is frustrating. I planned to use this release as a way to get friends on board KI, but there's NO WAYYYY they'll pay for the complete 1+2 edition on top of Ultra for 3. That's ludicrous to the point where even Acti- "iron clad price tags" -vision make concessions to it.

Yeah, that there is no complete 1-3 edition on offer is frustrating. I planned to use this release as a way to get friends on board KI, but there's NO WAYYYY they'll pay for the complete 1+2 edition on top of Ultra for 3. That's ludicrous to the point where even Acti- "iron clad price tags" -vision make concessions to it.

Well, it's free to play, so they can get on board easily. Plus it's a total of 60 bucks for all 3 seasons, ultra isn't necessary.

A nice combo pack would be nice though.

hwalker84

Well, not totally. It is the same codebase just with extra pc options from what they said, so that description is fairly accurate.

What are those extra PC options? Exactly. We don't know. With Tomb Raider and Gears having issues that PC gamers aren't taking a liking too it's surprising they haven't demo'd it yet. Also IG (Whether it was founded or unfounded) got a bad rep after Batman Arkham Knight PC's disastrous launch. I think they'd be eager to show it off if all is well. I'm concerned the PC version is making it next Tuesday.

SimonM7

Well, it's free to play, so they can get on board easily. Plus it's a total of 60 bucks for all 3 seasons, ultra isn't necessary.

A nice combo pack would be nice though.

Yeah, they've played it enough at my place to know that they want to get into it, but it seems like actually grabbing a bundle that nets them everything will inevitably cost a fortune.

.la1n

I like it, email sent. I really like color 11 so good to know I won't miss out. They seem like great guys over there so I hated being harsh about it but it was silly to think people who bought the limited would be ready to shell out for what wasn't even supposed to be a re release for another color.

We expecting any other KI news today?

.la1n

It sounds good until the 8-bit style parts come in, would probably be great on a Rash themed stage but yeah...

tapedeck

That Rash theme is so horribly out of place, especially during the intros.

Guess I won't really use music select unless Mira's or Gargos' theme is amazing.
Yeah it doesn't fit at all, the themes fit there respective characters stages so strongly that I'll probably never change the default music unless we get a bonus sky stage or something.

I would've much preferred the option to select the KI1 or 2 tracks for the corrosponding characters stage..maybe they'll add that at some point.

.la1n

Actually yeah if we could get a more "generic" non character specific stage like a sky stage I would probably use the other themes but as it stands they just fit their respective stages too strongly.

The reason for that is Mick spent so much time ensuring each theme fit the character and their respective stages. Adding stage music selection goes against the entire sound design philosophy behind Season 1 and 2. It's like Mick left and there is nobody left who understands sound design. Just an awful decision, and I have honestly yet to see anything in Season 3 so far that I would choose over additional stages.

As a side example, think about Spinal's theme. You hear it and you can hear the waves crashing, the ships, the ghost. Does that theme make any sense attached to say Glacius' stage? No it doesn't.

tapedeck

I mean at the end of the day it's an option..which is always good I guess I'll just never use it lol. And yeah Mick leaving just hurts, mainly cause (fair or not to the new guys) I just don't have nearly as much anticipation/excitement for the new music coming.

I got my color 11 code email from Ultimate Source already, damn they're quick. Very cool of them to do that.

The Flash

Banned
I mean at the end of the day it's an option..which is always good I guess I'll just never use it lol. And yeah Mick leaving just hurts, mainly cause (fair or not to the new guys) I just don't have nearly as much anticipation/excitement for the new music coming.

I got my color 11 code email from Ultimate Source already, damn they're quick. Very cool of them to do that.

Yeah Ultimate has been doing a good job with the figures. I ordered my Fulgore and got it two days later. Ordered a Jago on Saturday, got processed today, and I should get it on Wednesday. A lot better than the 5-7 days that they say it'll typically take. Just waiting for them to announce the Rash figure now >:)

SimonM7

As a side example, think about Spinal's theme. You hear it and you can hear the waves crashing, the ships, the ghost. Does that theme make any sense attached to say Glacius' stage? No it doesn't.

I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but surely those must be part of the "ambient" sounds, for which there is a slider in options? As opposed to baked into the music, I mean.

I don't think it'll follow the music track around.

Top Bottom