• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

The Flash

Banned
IG listened.

Thanks IG, ya'll are awesome

W447

I didn't care either way but it's nice to have options

.la1n

It's great to give the option, glad it's there but I'm not singing praises for a fix to something that should have never made it past testing to begin with. Also toggle just presents a whole other load of problems with tournaments since it's up to the TO to make sure it's implemented properly before matches start and let's be honest that rarely happens.

And that's not even getting started on how terrible the launch has been handled in general. A statement on that shit show would mean more right now.

Nothin like Sleep playing Kan-Ra in grand finals to make KI look like garbage.

The level he is playing the character at is to be commended but let's all be honest, watching it puts the game in a negative light for both players and viewers. Character is awful. The team can stand by it all they want but it's doing the growth no favors. Of course, they are managing to ruin that all on their own without Kan-Ra's help so I guess it's a moot point.

Also, Sleep won and his statement "I haven't touched this game since KI World Cup." With promotion like that the game has a bright future.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Thank God it's an option, I really do appreciate that they listen and make changes when they need to..that said I still think it would have been ideal to have the effect happen on round ending lvl 4 Enders, that way the effort isn't wasted and no one can complain about gameplay or seeing them too much. But whatever..

lulz

vg260

Glad they're making it an option.

Of course there will be people on the KI forums who will be upset it won't be in at launch, even though it wouldn't be logistically possible without delaying the game.

Also, I'm sure they will also consider the feedback from people who use them and possibly tweak them later.

Bummed we won't get to see the ultra pack color info today, but hopefully soon.

It can be toggled so thats fine.

You gotta remember that a lot of new people will be jumping into KI. And the flashy stuff like the ender effects refreshes the game for the new season for the more casual player who maybe tried the game once or twice in season 1 or 2. It can be toggled so there's no issue.

Getting people into the game is never a bad thing. If the ender effects improve the look and appeal to any casuals then it's a success

.la1n

I think if NetherRealm Studios and Iron Galaxy worked together they could probably find game play that would complement both series. Unlike Street Fighter it would most likely not require NRS to turn down the graphic violence either.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Both studios being in Chicago certainly helps the logistics of a KI Vs MK...just let IG do the females faces, as much as we bitched they turned out way better than the NRS females.

Also this may be kinda harsh but I find MK Kombat monotonous to watch sometimes, the same OTG corner juggles over and over.

ElTopo

Banned
KI vs MK, eh? A couple of years ago I would have said that's impossible. But then we got fat Mega Man and the dude from Infamous in Cross Tekken. We got Freddy, Jason, Predator, Alien, and Leatherface in MK. Akuma is in Tekken 7. Now Battletoads, Halo, and Gears of War characters are in KI.

So who the fuck knows anymore?

Personally, I'd rather see Netherealm work on a horror fighting game.

So the "biggest Halo tournament ever" is this weekend and I'm curious to see how the viewership of it's Grand Finals compares to Killer Instinct Grand Finals at EVO last year.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
A KI vs MK would probably be the best feeling MK game ever. Even now, I can't stand MK's cancel windows, weird negative edge, and overall messy movesets that make things that should be simple into dial-a-combo strings.

It's a shame too, because I really like a lot of the things they do with their newer characters, and I can see the fun and flow in some of their movesets... but they never feel good to actually perform for me.

It still surprises me how solid KI's feeling is for a "new" fighter fresh out the gate, from a studio with no experience in such a game of this size. Midway / Netherrelm did this stuff for YEARS, and they never managed to make a game I can say felt as good as my first minutes with KI at TFC in 2013 or so. And even under a new team, KI has maintained that. Still impresses me.

It was early yesterday, but they're teasing it on twitter so maybe something else. I'll try and find a timestamp.

https://www.twitch.tv/halo/v/55152484

1:10:30

Did not know this happened. Thanks for seeking and sorting it out.

Well, bit the bullet and went ahead and pre-ordered. Might as well with the $40 worth of KI gold being thrown in. No clue what I'm going to use it on though aside from boosters. Got over 20k now combined with the amount from the Shago bundle.

SimonM7

Well, bit the bullet and went ahead and pre-ordered. Might as well with the $40 worth of KI gold being thrown in. No clue what I'm going to use it on though aside from boosters. Got over 20k now combined with the amount from the Shago bundle.

Do you get the gold/xp booster stuff right away, or does that unlock on the day?

SimonM7

Kim Wu is such a busy and clashing a design to begin with. So much so that I'm assuming it's deliberate. And hey, I think having her be a Buffy-esque mashup of ancient culture/mysticism and an irreverent modern/youthful style is a good idea. I'm just not super thrilled with this particular result, I guess - and it's a little disappointing that you have so many options to tweak that stuff, and almost no matter what you do you just end up with something even more... more-er.

You can sorta make her appearance more coherent by selecting a more harmonising colour/accessory combo, but most of them look like she just Tazmania twirled through a shopping mall.

I have to say I've been happy with the designs overall, though. Tusk aside, I don't hate the faces like everyone else seems to.

Jawmuncher

The Kim Wu accessories are decent. It's a shame they haven't really nailed those down yet. There's so much hit and miss with them.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Without the helmet (which is optional, and not a pair with the jacket)

I find this one pretty straight-forward. And the pants from here should also pair well with the black jacket from Accessory set 1.

I don't have a problem with busy designs. I easily grew to love the "cluster of awesome!" design style back when browsing import game and magazine covers. I like the fact that Kim's accessory colors seem to be a good mix of solid colors, or logos and other design-for-the-sake-of-design stuff, which fits her new backstory.

All this mention of "Only purchasable with KI Gold!" stuff is getting awkward now, though. Will we have to spend the KI Gold from the Pre-Orders in order to get the outfits that are suppose to be "free" with the Ultra edition? Why not use these outfits as a way to push people to buy the $40 edition, instead of making it sound like they're not a part of the only currently-available buying option?

If you're going to release news slowly, at least make sure it's coherent once we finally get it. Not doing such just makes it harder on themselves...

I'll absolutely be using the headphones. Love that accessory.

And I guess retro premiums aren't included in the ultra then. Don't like how they aren't telling us exactly how much KI gold they cost.

Top Bottom