• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Why not just have an option to buy it at a higher than usual price for the completionists?

Maybe there will be in the future, but not while the exclusiveness is an element towards driving figure sales, or Ultra pack sales. They like being able to give away stuff like this for contest or community funding purposes.

Shadow Jago has been used twice (three times?) for exactly those ends. I don't think it's a bad idea, and there's no reason to get antsy for the sake of completion while it's occurring.

I'm more happy that they even do stuff like that... one of the things I always desired in the 16 bit eras and on was for game-related bonuses while buying game-related products.

looks like you were right, rukari posted this:

sigh

Not exactly surprising. If it where already prepared content, instead of giving us the points to get it later, it'd be part of the pack now.

Would be nice for them to give us a hint on what we're waiting for... especially on the store page itself, so people don't opt themselves out of future content by buying old stuff.

Like I'd be more happy with stuff like 2nd tier retros, universal accessories for all characters or something for Shadow Lords mode, than stage art or player icons.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
#DOUBLEPOST

Season Three page is up before Microsoft announces pricing and bundles, amazing.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...-Edition/c71b9678-12bb-4986-b202-0efeff63da19

$39.99

18,000 KI Gold and "VIP Double XP Booster" is replacement for the game port it seems.
Lol, KI marketing.

Just seen Level 4 ender nah son nah. IG that needs to go
I hate to say it but yeah I agree. If they don't wanna scrap it entirely I think the idea of having the effect only happen for level 4 shadow Enders is a good one cause that's the max damage ender possible and it signifies that.

Store page finally lets us see Kim's hero art for the first time.

Here's the full image.

mdsfx

Guess I'll post this here too:

So if I preorder this on Xbox.com, I automatically have it for PC? Is that correct?

Asking because I do not own Xbox one

Guess I'll post this here too:

So if I preorder this on Xbox.com, I automatically have it for PC? Is that correct?

Asking because I do not own Xbox one

That's correct, but if you don't own the other seasons yet it might be best to wait and see if they put out a complete edition of all 3 seasons for the PC as it'll be cheaper than buying them individually.

mdsfx

That's correct, but if you don't own the other seasons yet it might be best to wait and see if they put out a complete edition of all 3 seasons for the PC as it'll be cheaper than buying them individually.

I do own them from previously owning an XB1. Thanks!

EDIT: Bought. Can't wait!!

schlew

This is my first time buying a Season on release (the KI World Cup got me into the game). I'm going to get the Ultra Edition of SSN 3, but what does it mean by early access to fighters? Does that mean EA to those characters released after this initial launch, or access to the Arbiter, Tusk etc. in my SSN2 game?

This is my first time buying a Season on release (the KI World Cup got me into the game). I'm going to get the Ultra Edition of SSN 3, but what does it mean by early access to fighters? Does that mean EA to those characters released after this initial launch, or access to the Arbiter, Tusk etc. in my SSN2 game?

It would be post-release fighters, not the ones at launch. In season 2, ultra edition owners got new characters a week before combo breaker owners.

schlew

It would be post-release fighters, not the ones at launch. In season 2, ultra edition owners got new characters a week before combo breaker owners.

Cool, thanks! Really excited for this, and some of these cameos have interested a couple friends of mine to give the game a shot too!

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but it's still kind of mind blowing to me that it was announced on Tuesday that we were getting pricing/details on Friday and somehow the blog post wasn't made in that period of time and Rukari is now still working on it.

Just seems like an unorganized mess over there.

.la1n

Some decent bonuses in there for the ultra edition, I appreciate them doing something to justify choose Ultra over the other editions.

As for the level 4 enders, they do seem to be a big hindrance to setting up follow ups or maintaining your spacing. I have complete confidence IG will get it sorted. MS and by extension it's marketing team might be a group of fuck ups but Keits knows what he is doing when it comes to maintaining the game play.

Uraizen

Banned
Some decent bonuses in there for the ultra edition, I appreciate them doing something to justify choose Ultra over the other editions.

As for the level 4 enders, they do seem to be a big hindrance to setting up follow ups or maintaining your spacing. I have complete confidence IG will get it sorted. MS and by extension it's marketing team might be a group of fuck ups but Keits knows what he is doing when it comes to maintaining the game play.

Yeah, I figured the bonuses would be something like this because I couldn't see the season being any cheaper.

I also concur with your sentiment on Keits. He is the one person I trust over there to make sure KI stays as great as it is. I got frustrated over the lack of information on pricing, but I at least knew no matter when I bought it that it would be a quality product.

tapedeck

So the double XP is permanent if you pre-order?? That's pretty good if true.

dankir

giphy.gif

FUCKING FINALLY BACK FROM THE BAN!!!! Goddamn I've been watching everything unfold over the last few weeks without being about to join in on the convo.

Already pre-ordered Season 3 this morning, can't wait to play it on the 29th, was hoping for the 20th but oh well!

One question we do not know the last 2 characters of S3 right? I know about Mira and Raam but characters 7 and 8 are blank. People are saying its Gargos but he doesn't even have a stage so that would be wierd.

Also I figure those 18k KI Gold points will be useful for the Shadow Lords mode, hopefully it can be applied to new content they haven't revealed as well seeing that we got permanent double XP now.

For the cinematic Level 4 enders, the camera usually pulls back to the original sidescrolling view so I don't really get the issues with setups, there's no way IG would have this visual effect get in the way of a combo that doesn't end in a hard knockdown, by changing the timing, etc.

Like how combo breakers don't cause knock downs anymore, I'm sure everybody will adjust.

tapedeck

giphy.gif

FUCKING FINALLY BACK FROM THE BAN!!!! Goddamn I've been watching everything unfold over the last few weeks without being about to join in on the convo.

Already pre-ordered Season 3 this morning, can't wait to play it on the 29th, was hoping for the 20th but oh well!

One question we do not know the last 2 characters of S3 right? I know about Mira and Raam but characters 7 and 8 are blank. People are saying its Gargos but he doesn't even have a stage so that would be wierd.

Also I figure those 18k KI Gold points will be useful for the Shadow Lords mode, hopefully it can be applied to new content they haven't revealed as well seeing that we got permanent double XP now.

For the cinematic Level 4 enders, the camera usually pulls back to the original sidescrolling view so I don't really get the issues with setups, there's no way IG would have this visual effect get in the way of a combo that doesn't end in a hard knockdown, by changing the timing, etc.

Like how combo breakers don't cause knock downs anymore, I'm sure everybody will adjust.
First off welcome back lol.

For me the issue with the lvl 4 ender effects isnt gameplay related..we knew from the start the speed and frames were identical..IG wouldn't dare fuck with that. It just looks odd and unnecessary, especially if it triggers for every single lvl 4 ender in the game..that's too much and it will get old very fast.

I think a good compromise is the animation only plays if a level 4 ender wins the round or match.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at this point but it's still kind of mind blowing to me that it was announced on Tuesday that we were getting pricing/details on Friday and somehow the blog post wasn't made in that period of time and Rukari is now still working on it.

Just seems like an unorganized mess over there.

..and still nothing. No official press release, no blog post, just a single tweet.

gfrYrHK.gif

Bought! Roll on the 29th , Gonna be a long day at work waiting to go home and play but at least I have 4 days to play , God bless shift work.

dankir

QJvuptg.png

soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon soon

Okay I agree that they could have prepped the details for all these milestones leading to launch, but fuck it you've all bought it already. So you're getting whatever it is you're getting.

tapedeck

Okay I agree that they could have prepped the details for all these milestones leading to launch, but fuck it you've all bought it already. So you're getting whatever it is you're getting.
Lol so true.

hwalker84

That would be funny.

"Hey game comes out in less than two weeks...P̶r̶i̶c̶e̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶d̶u̶n̶n̶o̶,̶ ̶U̶l̶t̶r̶a̶ ̶E̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶d̶u̶n̶n̶o̶,̶ details of new modes and additions outside of new UI... dunno, Launch trailer... dunno, PC version demonstration... dunno, Hey Microsoft do you really truly care about this franchise... Dunno"

Well we got Ultra Edition price and by default regular edition price.

kirblar

As someone looking to buy this, I am so confused right now as to what the best option is. Buying S2 and waiting for S1/3 sales kinda seems like it'd make sense? But would rather just buy a S3 all-inclusive edition and be done w/ it.

As someone looking to buy this, I am so confused right now as to what the best option is. Buying S2 and waiting for S1/3 sales kinda seems like it'd make sense? But would rather just buy a S3 all-inclusive edition and be done w/ it.

Are you buying it on xbox one?

If you care about:
Retro Skins
Character Accessories
Classic Ports

Get Ultra Combo versions. Hopefully you got S1 when it was free with gold, either way get the S2 Ultra Combo because its like $13 right now.

If you're not going to buy till launch and just care about the fighters and don't want retro skins/accessories/ports just get the combo breaker version ($19.99 a season to $59.99 in total.)

kirblar

No. I am on PC. I don't currently have XB Gold. "Is there a S1/2/3 ultra edition pack" not being an answered question is really annoying.

ArjanN

No. I am on PC. I don't currently have XB Gold. "Is there a S1/2/3 ultra edition pack" not being an answered question is really annoying.

I assuming the "here's everything" version will be more or less be the default version of what they'll sell on PC.

.la1n

Stay tuned guys.

lol

From now on when they use that or soon they are basically saying "f*ck you that's why."

This launch is embarrassing and they should feel bad for it.

Zackat

So wait a pack does not not exist in which I can just buy all the characters with no skins and stuff? I might want skins down the road but for now I just want all the characters. This seems like... something that should be out already? lol. I WANT to give them my money.

I am going to play this on PC.

.la1n

So wait a pack does not not exist in which I can just buy all the characters with no skins and stuff? I might want skins down the road but for now I just want all the characters. This seems like... something that should be out already? lol. I WANT to give them my money.

Nothing announced yet. Why? Stay tuned that's why.

It will be there, they just aren't putting it up for pre-order. You'll be able to buy it once the game releases.

T.O.P

Banned
http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/a-commentator-competitors-opinion-on-the-new-level-4-enders/6300/264

Hey everyone,

Wow, lots of stuff to cover here!

The Ender Camera System you saw on the stream is basically the shiny, new system launching with Season 3.

Those of you who have known us for awhile also know that we listen and make adjustments to community feedback, especially stuff posted on these forums. We did a bunch of that in Season 2 and we'll do more in Season 3. Usually we wait until a feature ships to make improvements or adjustments to it, since the impression someone gets from seeing something vs playing it can be completely different things. But in this case, we've decided to go ahead and announce that our first community feature will be the ability to toggle Ender Cameras On or Off in Content Update 3.1!

Hopefully this alleviates your concerns while you wait to get your hands on Season 3!

Best,

Kraig

Absolutely agree

It needs to go or be optional

IG listened.

Hey everyone,

Wow, lots of stuff to cover here!

The Ender Camera System you saw on the stream is basically the shiny, new system launching with Season 3.

Those of you who have known us for awhile also know that we listen and make adjustments to community feedback, especially stuff posted on these forums. We did a bunch of that in Season 2 and we'll do more in Season 3. Usually we wait until a feature ships to make improvements or adjustments to it, since the impression someone gets from seeing something vs playing it can be completely different things. But in this case, we've decided to go ahead and announce that our first community feature will be the ability to toggle Ender Cameras On or Off in Content Update 3.1!

Hopefully this alleviates your concerns while you wait to get your hands on Season 3!

Best,

Kraig

Thanks IG, ya'll are awesome

Top Bottom