• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It often did feel weird how Stage Ultras had nothing to denote them save for the animation, in a game which calls out EVER COMBO LEVEL.

I get the feeling everyone would have been OK with the callout if it existed in the old games too. It's really not any cheesier than anything ELSE in the game.

The only serious critique I have for it, is that I wonder if it should use NEW vocabulary for such a thing. Should it really be an "Ultra"? Could it just be considered an Ender instead? A "NATURAL DISASTER!"?

Everything was "Ultimate" "Ultra" "Humiliation", etc before, a new term would probably fit in better, really. I think I would have liked something like "DISASTER!" or "CATASTROPHE!" said in the same style as "Ultimate!".

Hah! That's pretty silly. I actually kind of like it, it makes me smile. For the Arbiter's Stage the announcement is "Stage Ultraaaa! ....Cratered!". That makes me wonder if there's more silly announcements like that.

I actually didn't notice the "Cratered!" part, that does help give it more individuality. That little bonus helps a lot. Thanks for noting the detail.

.la1n

VIP Double XP "officially turned on"

Yeah I've been slowly grinding out a few levels. Permanent double xp does help address one of my concerns with season 2 that it felt too grindy to unlock stuff with such little xp gain per match. I'd still prefer if they went back to season 1 style unlocks so I could choose what I wanted instead of being tied to that specific character.

.la1n

Hah! That's pretty silly. I actually kind of like it, it makes me smile. For the Arbiter's Stage the announcement is "Stage Ultraaaa! ....Cratered!". That makes me wonder if there's more silly announcements like that.

Yeah that was my thought, I think it fits the tongue in cheek cheesiness of the original arcade games perfectly. My only gripe as I mentioned is the actual pronunciation of stage ultra just needs a bit more oomph so it doesn't fall flat.

Yeah I was looking as well and it doesn't seem like they've actually said the official name.

I'm sure Keits will pop in at some point though. My guess is just Dragon Spirit.

The Flash

Banned
Yeah hopefully he does.

I just got done talking to my artist friend and it's looking like my commission won't get done on time :(
He had to step away for a second so I haven't finalized anything yet. Might just have to use the KI S3 logo or something for the top banner.

feelsbadman.jpeg

.la1n

Yeah hopefully he does.

I just got done talking to my artist friend and it's looking like my commission won't get done on time :(
He had to step away for a second so I haven't finalized anything yet. Might just have to use the KI S3 logo or something for the top banner.

feelsbadman.jpeg

Hmm, didn't have a contract to finish by a certain date? Free work I understand but if I'm paying someone for art they are signing a contract with a deadline.

The Flash

Banned
Hmm, didn't have a contract to finish by a certain date? Free work I understand but if I'm paying someone for art they are signing a contract with a deadline.

I mean yeah I told him I needed it by this Sunday but there's been a lot of stuff that's come up (we work at the same place) and it turned out to be more complicated than he expected it to be. He's also giving me a giant "friend discount". I'm about to call him back to see what is feasible at this point.

Maybe for a placeholder just have a silhouette of Gargos above/behind the logo? Man I wish I wasn't dog shit at photoshop lol. Wish I could help, but it's been years since I've done anything like this :/

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah hopefully he does.

feelsbadman.jpeg

KI is a sesonal game, that releases new pieces of content monthly. Just get him to do an "initial Roster" for the OT at first, and add in a new character or piece periodically! :) Even if it takes him until the end of the season to "Finish" the artwork, who cares, it'll just be one more thing to look forward to as the game evolved.

.la1n

I mean yeah I told him I needed it by this Sunday but there's been a lot of stuff that's come up (we work at the same place) and it turned out to be more complicated than he expected it to be. He's also giving me a giant "friend discount". I'm about to call him back to see what is feasible at this point.

It's almost poetic that the OT for Season 3 might arrive incomplete and last minute ;)

It's alright Flash, I understand. We'll be happy with whatever you put up.

The Flash

Banned
Okay I just got done talking with him and he called in a favor and is going to use someone else's tablet to basically do the whole thing from scratch. Originally this was going to be like an actual physical print because that's what he has available and then it was going to get scanned in digitally blah blah blah. He says he's going to work all night to finish it. I told him that if he needed to, he could have Monday afternoon/evening to finish it up cause I don't want him to kill himself to finish this. He's determined to deliver what we agreed on though and he's awesome for it. The only stipulation that he added was that in addition to the agreed upon payment, I have to go see Batman vs Superman with him. I'm going to throw some more dollars at his way though. It was super awesome of him to take this project on in the first place. He's also going to send me updates on his progress to make sure everything is where it needs to be. He sounded a lot more confident then he did the last time we talked so I think we'll be in the clear.

Still need volunteers to see what I've come up with so far fyi.

The only stipulation that he added was that in addition to the agreed upon payment, I have to go see Batman vs Superman with him.

I'm sorry.

But seriously that's awesome. I can take a look at what you have so far, but won't be able to give you feedback until around 8:30 est

.la1n

Call the whole thing off, nobody should be subjected to Batman v Superman.

Hit me up, always happy to give feedback.

mdsfx

I am so incredibly excited about playing this on PC finally. It's great to see it running so well on Windows 10. And those load times...!!

The Flash

Banned
I am so incredibly excited about playing this on PC finally. It's great to see it running so well on Windows 10. And those load times...!!

I know right? Looks like the PC version will be okay. It's good that they're requiring 60fps for ranked too.

Keits

Developer
Live at 12 noon CST with #KISeason3 competitive preview! Tense matches, goofy people, S3 code giveaways. Join us, spread the word!

stn

Is the 18k gold only for pre-orders? If yes, guess I'll just do that today so I don't forget before the 29th. Thanks.

The Flash

Banned
Artist friend needs tomorrow to wrap up the banner. Trying to get a time frame from him on when it'll be done. OT will be posted when I get it.

Top Bottom