• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Nori Chan

I was using shadow jango (lol) today and you know how when you get to the main menu after a match it shows the character you just used and the xp bar? Well shadow jango has one as well, idk if he has xp cause I just came out of dojo with him

Not that I can tell. I don't have it unlocked and it doesn't show up in the store.

Dammit. I was hoping we would get a peek
at outfit. >.<

I thought Aria was the non playable boss

ARIA will actually be a playable boss.

There's a thread about it on the KI forums. Adam Isgreen said this:

Oh, that is awesome news!

I was using shadow jango (lol) today and you know how when you get to the main menu after a match it shows the character you just used and the xp bar? Well shadow jango has one as well, idk if he has xp cause I just came out of dojo with him

*itshappening.gif*

.la1n

I'll be honest I actually liked the limited customization slots. This is the first time since season one launch where most of the players I am fighting aren't using the awful looking alternate outfits and accessories.

Yeah, not sure why they did away with that.

Adam Isgreen did say in the latest textual stream that they would be in adding in 3 slots to each character for customization. Still seems like a step backwards but it's better than right now.

Yeah I spent 10 minutes looking through all the character colours I had(because I play everyone, I had their costumes, accessories and colours unlocked) but I had no idea how to navigate the system menu.
For example with Sadira, I have different colours to use her costumes (3= Rosie the Riveter, 4 = Tank Girl and 5 = Vampire) Something along those lines and with all the other characters, but trying to set that up on the Season 2 customisation doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

There's a thread about it on the KI forums. Adam Isgreen said this:
That's good and an awesome addition indeed but I don't see why this change was made.

I'll be honest I actually liked the limited customization slots. This is the first time since season one launch where most of the players I am fighting aren't using the awful looking alternate outfits and accessories.

Not when you spend money on being able to use them, only to be limited. It's a huge step back on the point of customisation that Double Helix set in place. Sure it's not indepth like Tekken but having 6 colours with their own customisation slots meant I had a choice to play with different costumes.

Edit: Forgot to add, is there a reason why Jago sounds growls like Shadow Jago on the character customisation?

Miles X

Grrr, the Stylish Spinal cheevo is still glitched for me, reached level 10 and got a new colour but no cheevo pop, any solutions? :(

I haven't tried ranked matches yet, but can you still get demoted?

Yeah, it's really weird though. None of your progress is shown now so you have no clue how close you are to ranking up/down. It just pops up out of nowhere at the start of a match saying if someone is in a rank up or rank down match.

Oh yes, I have been demoted like 8 ranks after I started playing Maya.

lol yup.

I was a 33 before Maya came out, I'm down to 25 now. Part of it is because I ALWAYS choose Maya since I have no idea who I'm playing. If I knew that I was playing the same guy that I played in the last match I would pick Sadira to prevent getting bodied.

But then when I say "Well I've played the same person 3 times in a row, let me play as my main!" I end up against some person who's just button mashing.

That was the original plan as intended.

As it stands now Shadow Jago isn't a character. He's essentially an alternate costume for Jago. They're going to add MUCH more to him.

Really? Colour me intredasted then. I thought it would just merely be a copy pasta of the character.

Synth

But... but...

rqGzNEE.jpg

How can this be wrong!!?!? HOW?

It's the sort of evidence I'd pass a death sentence on... probably a good thing I'm not a judge.

Ont

Well they did say that there will be eight new characters, excluding Shadow Jago. Maybe ARIA won't be playable in S2?

MoonGred

What have I done. I really should've checked his name before I posted that.
I've been trying to get some online games going for the last 2 days, but having a hard time finding a match. I've tried both exhibition and ranked, I let both search for at least 7 minutes but never get anything. Is the population that low?
I'm in Australia, don't know if that changes anything.

It's Lemon Grab from Adventure Time.

What have I done. I really should've checked his name before I posted that.
I've been trying to get some online games going for the last 2 days, but having a hard time finding a match. I've tried both exhibition and ranked, I let both search for at least 7 minutes but never get anything. Is the population that low?
I'm in Australia, don't know if that changes anything.

I have the same problem in the UK. Hardly any players, and when I do find people, it'll be the same person over and over again. Both in Ranked and Exhibition. I don't get it. It's put me off playing KI online for a long time.

Ont

I think there are a lot of players online (in UK and Western Europe) but the match making system is far from perfect.

CEOJebailey

Neo Member
its glitched for fulgore maya and TJ for me.

I'm not even sure if IG knows it's an issue,

We're aware of it and looking into it.

One guy had the issue that contacted me, it ended up popping during local vs play. But we're on it.

Bug fixes just take time and aren't instant.

Top Bottom