• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Head.spawn

MS should foot the bill for KI Vs. MK.

my-emotions-gif.gif

That is way too awesome of an idea to ever happen.

Zubz

Banned
MS should foot the bill for KI Vs. MK.

Without any trailer to hype me up into it, I still don't think that'd sell me on an X-Box One... However, it would be very, very tempting. If I could find a store that still rents game consoles, I know I'd bite on a rental. Like, even if the game ends up being abysmal, it'd be a childhood dream come true! Scorpion vs. Spinal. Orchid vs. Sonya. Cage vs. Combo. Fulgore vs. Cyrax....

You also have to think. IG didn't use generic silhouettes for the characters. :p

Yeah, but MK didn't for the other 3 characters, either; we could clearly tell that the other ones were a female fighter with a ponytail (Skarlet), a dude with a long headband over the eyes (Kenshi), and another male ninja (Rain). Even if Skarlet was a new character, she was teased enough that people were able to immediately guess the other 3. The 4th was just generic enough that we thought it might be a character, before we learned it was a generic silhouette because it'd be too obvious if they used Freddy's actual profile. Riptor, Cinder, #NotAMummy, "Broccoli," the squid one, and ARIA all may have had finished silhouettes, but maybe this last character wasn't far enough along to have a finalized design, especially if characters are going to be monthly. I mean, now, I think we're all in agreement about it being Shadow Jago with a new name, but until Synth pointed out how they worded it (I was reading it in the way he said it could have been written, not the way that it was), there was still a chance they just touched up his silhouette to hold a newcomer's place, citing MK as an example of using a placeholder, even if not for the same reason of teasing a character in a way that isn't too blatant.

dankir

Just an FYI the fight titles may look look like they reset to zero but whatever you had carries over from S1. I unlocked 200 spinal matches and 150 titles with spinal today after about 10 matches.

What's even better is that the first set of titles are super essay to unlock (1 ultra, 5 ranked matches, etc.) and at least to me it seems that they count to the original 150.

derFeef

I hope the next character, or maybe the next characters are a bit more "straight forward" than TJ or Maya - I am not liking how they play. I like the diversity, but they kinda feel out of place in KI - at least for my casual scrub mind.

Ont

The next character is going to be difficult to master character but apparently Riptor and Cinder are going to be more straightforward.

rrc1594

I hope the next character, or maybe the next characters are a bit more "straight forward" than TJ or Maya - I am not liking how they play. I like the diversity, but they kinda feel out of place in KI - at least for my casual scrub mind.

Adam said not the 3 character, but rest are more straight forward

dankir

I think the variety in place styles will give this game longevity. Otherwise everybody would fit the same type of moveset with QCF/QCB and similar linker timing.

It took me a while to get used to combo's auto doubles just 'cuz they take so much longer than others.

dankir

After watching the great KI tourney LevelUpLive held last night on Twitch IG really really really really really needs to update the Character select screen.

It's so boring and plain compared to everything in the S2 UI now. I'd rather stare at the Random stage select animation more than the character select screen.

On top of that the fighters still take so long to load so it's just a 2 boxes with huge empty spaces all around.

Surely you guys can create something more interesting visually than what we currently have. I think horizontal scrolling through characters should be a standard KI feature.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Ultratech in ruins theme?
Yeah I think S3 will be the season where we finally get that "KI" Metal, sparks and fire look that a lot of people wanted for the games HUD and UI. It fits a "Fall of Ultratech" theme perfectly.

abadguy

Banned
I really would love to see KI vs MK, makes a lot more sense than SF vs MK. Plus the No Mercys could be brought back for the KI characters. I imagine they would include an option to play in the MK style or the KI style.

eastx

After watching the great KI tourney LevelUpLive held last night on Twitch IG really really really really really needs to update the Character select screen.

It's so boring and plain compared to everything in the S2 UI now. I'd rather stare at the Random stage select animation more than the character select screen.

On top of that the fighters still take so long to load so it's just a 2 boxes with huge empty spaces all around.

Surely you guys can create something more interesting visually than what we currently have. I think horizontal scrolling through characters should be a standard KI feature.

Yeah, it's silly how long the fighters take to load. If you can't put them all in RAM (which I don't believe), then just use still images or something. Way better than sitting there waiting for a character to show up.

dankir

Yeah, it's silly how long the fighters take to load. If you can't put them all in RAM (which I don't believe), then just use still images or something. Way better than sitting there waiting for a character to show up.

Yeah I end up forgetting my character customization per color because the damn models take so long to load.

Got to be something more interesting IG can do than just the static Season 1 and Season 2 boxes.

How about horizontal scrolling Character models instead and when you highlight a certain character they do their pre fight animation? Otherwise you see the character model but its darkened out until you've scrolled to that specific character.

I also liked in KI 2 in the character select screen the faces would be looking down until you reached your character and then it looked up at you.

Anything would be better than what it looks like now.

Marvel

could never
I really miss this game, the only regret from selling my Xbox One was this amazing fighter.

Glad Riptor is in.

mdsfx

I really miss this game, the only regret from selling my Xbox One was this amazing fighter.

Glad Riptor is in.
Yeah. I sold my Xbox one as well because there weren't enough exclusives for me to justify keeping it. Missed this game so much that I bought one again! Im just going to call the console the "KI Box," since, to me, that's all it really is.

And yet, i'm still that one person who loves to be in the thread, having a good amount of posts.. While still not being able to truly experience Killer Instinct. I won't be getting an XB1 till maybe around Christmas time, but that is still a maybe.

I should be experience all this stuff with you guys already since day 1! D:

NEO0MJ

Hopefully if he is like his KI1 days he will be. He had that rushdown overhead flip that would pwn in the arcades back when.

I hope the other animal fighter isn't another dedicated rushdown character, but that's probably what we'll get.

And yet, i'm still that one person who loves to be in the thread, having a good amount of posts.. While still not being able to truly experience Killer Instinct. I won't be getting an XB1 till maybe around Christmas time, but that is still a maybe.

I should be experience all this stuff with you guys already since day 1! D:

Same boat brah, and I won't be playing it until probably late next year ;_;

Top Bottom