• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

So, do ranks reset every month or how does that work? Is it just a standard ranking system until you hit Killer and then those stats reset every month to determine the top 32? Could have use a little more clarification.

Skab

Also interesting there are 9 total squares for the season 2 section.

The new post match stats looks about a thousand times better, good job on that IG.

We already knew there was going to be 9 though. The S2 launch trailer showed us that.

I thought aria was the ending character. I'm referring to shadow jago in the season one section

Ohhhh, i didnt even notice that. Im not sure what they plan on doing with him. I know the teaser in the trailer recently they said that mysterious jago posed silhouette was not Shadow Jago though.

Speculation right now is that Shadow Jago will get his own name and look in season 2, though as i said its just speculation by the KI community. Could be a new character entirely and IG is just trolling us.

Good spot on your part though. Really didnt even notice Shadow Jago in there

Skab

Guys Shadow Jago is already on the current select screen. The only difference in the S1 cast in the new screens is that he swapped spots with Fulgore.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Shadow Jagos icon appears right now in the s1 3x3 grid if you own him, same as in that pic except he's on the bottom right. If you don't have him its just a 2x4 layout.

Edit: beat

mdsfx

Shadow Jagos icon appears right now in the s1 3x3 grid if you own him, same as in that pic except he's on the bottom right. If you don't have him its just a 2x4 layout.

Edit: beat
Right. My question was if he was becoming available to the masses. I don't yet have him

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Right. My question was if he was becoming available to the masses. I don't yet have him
Ah, apologies.

Unsure..Shadow Jago as he is now who knows...in 'some form' he will be part of the standard S2 cast. We just aren't sure if the teased character that highly resembles him will keep the name and move set of the s1 boss or be highly modified, no sword, etc.

Sponge

Banned
So the guy that did the mocap for TJ Combo showed up today dressed as classic TJ Combo. It's priceless.

CAlPO5y.jpg

dankir

lol yeah i was playing pretty terrible there at the beginning xD In that last lifebar he could have had me after i messed up my input once i wall-bounced him and jumped to start another combo. Got a little lucky there lol

Yeah you need to mix up you attacks. Couple of times where you were just facing each other down you should do his dash grab attack (b,f, MP)

The LP x 4 is a great way to put pressure but if they are blocking low cancel into his over head jumping attack D, U QK.

Also when he's waking up combo's spinning backfist will pretty much beat anything.

Another good thing is after the wall splat finisher, either go in for the standard throw or pause a sec and into the D, U any kick to reset and start a new combo, if you time it right people will try teching the throw and will get locked out immediately.

Yeah you need to mix up you attacks. Couple of times where you were just facing each other down you should do his dash grab attack (b,f, MP)

The LP x 4 is a great way to put pressure but if they are blocking low cancel into his over head jumping attack D, U QK.

Also when he's waking up combo's spinning backfist will pretty much beat anything.

Another good thing is after the wall splat finisher, either go in for the standard throw or pause a sec and into the D, U any kick to reset and start a new combo, if you time it right people will try teching the throw and will get locked out immediately.

Yeah. Im still learning how to use him. He is very versatile with a lot of options so im trying to get use to doing different things with him. I havent even got his rolling down pat yet which is invincible so i should prob use it more as well. THanks fo the tips though :)

Im curious to see Notamummy though. Right now I main Sabrewulf and struggle against Glacius majorly. Would like to add Notamummy as a backup to go against Glacius if he turns out any good

DrDogg

Update the damn e guide in the meantime!

Unfortunately, I have very little to do with the official eGuide. Rip and Tom Brady wrote it and it's Prima's call whether or not they want to update it. MS may have something to do with it as well. I asked if it was going to get updated, but no one ever got back to me. I'll try asking again on Monday.

So, do ranks reset every month or how does that work? Is it just a standard ranking system until you hit Killer and then those stats reset every month to determine the top 32? Could have use a little more clarification.

The textual stream stated that more details on the ranking system would be released in the coming months. We're not getting it until January so there's still plenty of time.

That said... If it takes just as much time to hit Killer, then it can't reset every month. Most players wouldn't be able to get close to Killer rank with a monthly reset given the current amount of games it takes to get there. They could easily change that though.

I was hoping for the SC ranking system that was mentioned at Evo. You have different "leagues" based on your player skill. You move up or down to a new league every month.

I keep thinking the same thing. How the hell is this guy NOT a mummy of some kind? Maybe he's not JUST a mummy...

He's a Babylonian Sorcerer.

Mumm-Ra alt costume is a necessity.
hqdefault.jpg

Give me this and I'll play him. Don't care whether or not I actually like his play style. :)

stn

I'm planning to get a X1 very soon, want to get KI. I've barely followed the game at all so I have some basic questions:

1. What packs can I buy that give me all the characters and their costume skins?
2. Is there any point to buying the retail disc?

hwalker84

I'm planning to get a X1 very soon, want to get KI. I've barely followed the game at all so I have some basic questions:

1. What packs can I buy that give me all the characters and their costume skins?

You'll want the season 1 & 2 Ultra pack if you want everything. Combo pack for season 1 and 2 will give you the characters.

.la1n

1. Combo pack for both games will net you all the characters (and upcoming characters through season two) for $40.00 - best deal, especially if you don't really care about owning the original KI 1/2. The additional set of accessories and costumes are only in the ultra pack, I personally think they all look pretty terrible but if it's your thing consider upping to the ultra packs to get those

2. No advantage with the retail disc except owning a physical copy. Down side is you have to put the disc in every time you want to play KI.

stn

I like to own a disc version of whatever game I have. I'm guessing the disc version covers season 1 but all subsequent seasons are DLC streamed from the HDD? Also, if I purchase the season 1 disc and season 2 ultra pack, will that give me everything? So characters, DLC costumes, accessories, Shadow Jago, and KI1/KI2 remakes?

Thanks.

.la1n

I like to own a disc version of whatever game I have. I'm guessing the disc version covers season 1 but all subsequent seasons are DLC streamed from the HDD? Also, if I purchase the season 1 disc and season 2 ultra pack, will that give me everything? So characters, DLC costumes, accessories, Shadow Jago, and KI1/KI2 remakes?

Thanks.

Season 1 disc will not net you KI1 HD port, the extra set of accessories for S1 character or the additional "retro" skins for the S1 characters. The disc version is the equivalent of buying the "combo breaker" pack on the online store. If you buy the Season 2 Ultra pack it will get you all additional accessories for S2 cast, the retro inspired alternate skins coming for S2 cast and KI 2 HD port. Also, all content will be installed on your hard drive same as everyone else - only difference is you will required to insert the disc every time you want to play.

Spacebar

Are most of you playing this with the xbox one pad? I'm having a hard time playing with it since I'm used to the mad catz six button pad or even arcade stick. I guess I'm going to hold out for the SF4 mad catz stick or maybe if they make a hori fighting edge for xbone one. I doubt mad catz or anyone else will make a six button pad for current gen consoles.

.la1n

season 1 disc also includes tj combo

Ah yes, completely forgot about that. Unfortunately if you are already planning on investing in Season 1 and 2 the bonus of TJ Combo included in the disc version of Season 1 becomes pointless as it doesn't subtract his cost from Season 2 when you purchase it.

Are most of you playing this with the xbox one pad? I'm having a hard time playing with it since I'm used to the mad catz six button pad or even arcade stick. I guess I'm going to hold out for the SF4 mad catz stick or maybe if they make a hori fighting edge for xbone one. I doubt mad catz or anyone else will make a six button pad for current gen consoles.

I play with pad, it's hit or miss with the dpad on the one. With the PS3 controller I rarely ever miss inputs but on the Xbox One pad I will miss something as easy as fireball motions sometimes. It's a step forward from the 360 but still pretty awful in the grand scheme of things. I do hope Madcatz will step in with a fight pad.

stn

So, basically, I should just purchase the ultra packs for both seasons digitally? No point in getting the disc version at all?

.la1n

So, basically, I should just purchase the ultra packs for both seasons digitally? No point in getting the disc version at all?

If your planning to already purchase both seasons then yes, get the ultra pack if having the classic games and costumes interest you. I like having disc copies of games as well so I did purchase the retail disc just to own but for ease of jumping into multiplayer whenever I want it's just better to have the digital copy.

edit: Got damn at that tag Salsa ^

Haines

Banned
the package says "TJ combo included", no?

Maybe I'm confusing something.

I own the Killer Instinct retail copy fROM launch day..

I thought I was reading you guys saying I get tj combo for having that. I see him locked off.

Oh hold up. I always buy retail but maybe I ddownloaded killer instinct...OKOK never mind oops lol

Skab

I thought I was reading you guys saying I get tj combo for having that. I see him locked off.

Oh hold up. I always buy retail but maybe I ddownloaded killer instinct...OKOK never mind oops lol

There was no Season 1 retail disk. You're confused.

First I get my entire progress wiped because of a glitch in the first game and have to re-earn the accessories I've paid money for and now my progress keeps resetting even though the latest patch was supposed to fix it. I've been going offline sometimes because the "searching for dlc" thing for me takes forever sometimes. First two times I went offline and its fixed, but now it does it no matter what. I didn't lose all my progress but it's enough to say "fuck it why bother".

hwalker84

The disk version just came out a month ago.

Got an Xbox One this weekend and downloaded this game, but I'm getting 1-2 second freezes/hiccups occasionally during matches. Haven't played online yet, so this is just me vs the CPU. Actually, it does it even within the menus. I already deleted all the files and redownloaded them, but that didn't seem to do the trick. Anybody else having this?

I should mention that Sunset Overdrive and Crimson Dragon run without any hiccups.

Top Bottom