• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

DrDogg

Very pleased with the textual stream this week and the plans for character reveals moving forward. I'm excited again. Props to Adam!

Waiting until the last moment possible to put him out. Hopefully it's because he's more complex than the rest of S2 and we don't get them in the last week of each month.

I don't feel it's the last moment possible. We're getting him on the 24th, a week before the end of the month. It could have been much later than that. We're also getting Riptor much earlier in the month.

IG has had tight deadlines from the moment they took on the project until at least S2 is complete. I have no issues with characters dropping at the end of every month so long as that's communicated to us so it isn't a surprise every single month (and they're clearly taking steps to improve that communication).

The dude simply asked if it ever goes on sale. What on fucking earth, man.

Someone seems a bit grumpy. He mentioned it was pricey, so I responded offering the value at $40 and joking about the free option. Had he just asked about it going on sale, my response would've been different, although I fail to see how detailing the value of the bundle resulted in your response.

Niiice! It's exactly what I expected. I really cannot wait to finally see his trailer, along with that Riptor tease we all know is coming.

I'm happy that I finally get to see the full body shot of Kan-Ra. I actually appreciate the fact that he's a lean character. And his backstory was pretty interesting as well.

Also, I'm curious as to what that update will be on the story mode of S1. A little sneak peek of what's to come for Season 2?

Oh.. and the next character coming before Christmas? sogood.gif

.la1n

Great textual stream this week. Sounds like steps are being taken to improve communication and early access for content and characters moving forward. I like the effort being put into character back story as well. Looking forward to seeing the Riptor tease in next week's trailer.

Sydle

That was a fantastic update! Love how he responded to community questions and concerns.

Kan-ra looks great and I really like his backstory. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

.la1n

B2bDOIHCYAAc6-U.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
"Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form to Kan-Ra, the Ever-Living!" Approved!

I think all our forum whining over the last week was heard. Jolly good show, textual stream!

"Early Access" really should let us play with the character in alpha / beta states, like Skullgirls Endless Beta. Instead, we get them "on time" while other owners wait a bit longer to use basically finished content.

There really should be a testing ground lab or something in the game, that allows ultra pack owners to play around with truly early content. XB1 advertised a feature allowing beta play to all console users before it's release, I always hope this would be the game to go beyond what things like the halo betas already allow. Would be a great way to add value and hype to the game, even in between big release milestones.

I'd be OK with this.

Textual stream up - http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=3924.0

Trailer on 11/21
Ultra Edition owners gets him on 11/24
Combo Edition owners on 11/30

Kan-Ra
Kan-Ra_concept.jpg

OOOOOOH!

.la1n

So judging from Kan's background story combined with Spinal's endings from Season 1 I'm going to assume he's probably seeking out what Spinal has.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I like the name, backstory is pretty neat and he def looks the part but damn Nov 24th.

Kind of more excited for what will be added to story mode in December.

That wait for the trailer is a little long though. I want it NOW!

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
The best part was that the December character(most likely Riptor) is coming out way before Christmas. First half of the month most likely.

The best part was that the December character(most likely Riptor) is coming out way before Christmas. First half of the month most likely.

Yesss. I'm pretty damn excited about that. We'll get info on the character much more sooner than we usually do.

I still wonder about the 'troll' tease that'll be happening at the end up Kan-Ra's trailer. Unless they completely held off on that.

The online searching is still terrible as ever. Every time I go to search for an Exhibition Match, I always get paired up with the same person. Iron Galaxy, please help. I just wanna play endlessly and lobbies.

Anyone wanna play some KI online?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I hope this game gets a swift kick in the ass content wise right before Christmas. Gonna be a lot of new xbone owners, good chance to expose a more 'complete' game to a much larger audience than last year.

The online searching is still terrible as ever. Every time I go to search for an Exhibition Match, I always get paired up with the same person. Iron Galaxy, please help. I just wanna play endlessly and lobbies.

Anyone wanna play some KI online?
Add me, I'll be on tonight, mostly nights weekends US CST. GT: Wheres A A Ron

.la1n

Yesss. I'm pretty damn excited about that. We'll get info on the character much more sooner than we usually do.

I still wonder about the 'troll' tease that'll be happening at the end up Kan-Ra's trailer. Unless they completely held off on that.

Adam did say a while back they had to rework the trailer plans so I don't think the original comment about a troll at the end of the trailer holds up anymore.

DrDogg

Adam did say a while back they had to rework the trailer plans so I don't think the original comment about a troll at the end of the trailer holds up anymore.

As I recall, we were also originally going to get the trailer for Kan-Ra before S2 launched. That would've meant a Riptor troll before we knew Riptor was coming in December, so I agree that things have probably changed. I have no issues with that though.

Ahh, I had a feeling that something had changed. Oh well, I'm still very excited about that trailer coming on Friday. :)

.la1n

So what are the chances if I uninstall and then reinstall KI this week Kan Ra will unlock early?

I'd say the highest probability of that happening would be the 23rd if you have the ultra pack. Microsoft tends to push their updates late evening EST the day before release.

stn

So, got a dilemma. I want to buy KI. I can either purchase the retail disc and then all the other add-ons, or go for the ultra downloads for both seasons. I want retail because it gets me a disc and saves me 9GB of bandwith to download. But I want the ultra download because that's the only way to get the KI1 classic remake, and I'd really like to upload some Chief Thunder combos (I still have his best combos in my memory).

What do?

EDIT: Also, how do I get Shadow Jago? Haven't seen him mentioned in any of the DLC packs.

btags

So, got a dilemma. I want to buy KI. I can either purchase the retail disc and then all the other add-ons, or go for the ultra downloads for both seasons. I want retail because it gets me a disc and saves me 9GB of bandwith to download. But I want the ultra download because that's the only way to get the KI1 classic remake, and I'd really like to upload some Chief Thunder combos (I still have his best combos in my memory).

What do?

EDIT: Also, how do I get Shadow Jago? Haven't seen him mentioned in any of the DLC packs.

I am sure you can search throughout the thread, but I believe there is still quite a bit to download with the disc version. As for shadow jago I have no idea as to how you get him at this point.

hwalker84

What do?

I don't think the retail disc saves you much because from my understanding it's just the base game with Jago and a code to download the rest.

Also Season 2's beefy content update will need to be installed as well. Barely a savings in download size.

Xbox Live Day One

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-live-g...gI68h4FNCv8HeXge2zxH4dcVQVJYG2rWX0aAm238P8HAQ

.la1n

What do?

The retail disc still requires you to download the rest of the game. The only thing in disc is the core free version that's available on the marketplace. Shadow Jago is no longer available unless you stumble across the special xbox live card at a GameStop that was available at the Xbox one launch or happen to be at an event where IG/MS are handing out codes.

Edit: ah, beaten

They should really throw Shadow Jago up on the marketplace already.

Maybe they're waiting for his revamped move set so they can charge for him as if he was a new character instead of just a skin.

Top Bottom