• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

sangreal

I don't think the retail disc saves you much because from my understanding it's just the base game with Jago and a code to download the rest.

Also Season 2's beefy content update will need to be installed as well. Barely a savings in download size.

Xbox Live Day One

the other downloads aside from season 2 (and any other updates which for this game are usually as large as the game) are only like 10mb each though

vg260

They should really throw Shadow Jago up on the marketplace already.

Maybe they're waiting for his revamped move set so they can charge for him as if he was a new character instead of just a skin.

What's gonna bug me is even if they do that, and the select screen is different for those who never bought that Live card thing. That was a really terrible way to offer him if they're not going to make him available to everyone else. One year is enough exclusivity. Give him to everyone who bought the game.

Ghazi

I just realized that I've bought both Ultra seasons and I've only spent 15 minutes in the game. I want to play it, but having to pay $100+ to mod my stick over is a real buzzkill :(

Would rather not play on the controller.

RIP

.la1n

They should really throw Shadow Jago up on the marketplace already.

Maybe they're waiting for his revamped move set so they can charge for him as if he was a new character instead of just a skin.

Well Adam said he was in the Season 1 roster and staying there so I imagine if at some point they do give him his own move set he would still be part of the season 1 cast.

CodeNfX

I just realized that I've bought both Ultra seasons and I've only spent 15 minutes in the game. I want to play it, but having to pay $100+ to mod my stick over is a real buzzkill :(

RIP

You should try CronusMax, I'm using it and it works flawlessly.

hwalker84

RIP

Get the cronusmax or titan one.

RIP

Playing on a pad really isn't that bad lol. I've wanted to get the TE2, but I can't find it anywhere (for a reasonable price).

Yuterald

Booted this up having not touched it in a long time the other night and had so much fun with it. Had to acclimate myself in the Dojo for a bit to re-learn the basics though. Man, the UI stuff and the menus in general look/feel so much better since the update. I don't consider myself a hardcore fighting game fan whatsoever, but this is one of the few that immediately appeals/clicks with me. I just love the stage visuals and the excessive particle effects and the OST is just so fucking perfect. I by no means feel like I have a grasp on the advanced side of the game, but I can at least perform Ultras and win matches here and there, ha! Just a satisfying fighter to play off and on, it seems.

Ghazi

Playing on a pad really isn't that bad lol. I've wanted to get the TE2, but I can't find it anywhere (for a reasonable price).

Ehhhhh, after I went stick in Marvel and SFIV, there was no going back. Not to mention, using my stick reduces the wear on my controller over time.

.la1n

Hotsuma

I purchased the 39.99 Ultra Pack download today, but when I don't see any alternate costumes or accessories for Combo or Maya. Are these items that will come at a later date or did something go wrong with the download?

Doukou

Is it wrong to be jelly of you guys since I am going to be on vacation when Kan-Ra comes out and will have to wait to play him?

sangreal

I purchased the 39.99 Ultra Pack download today, but when I don't see any alternate costumes or accessories for Combo or Maya. Are these items that will come at a later date or did something go wrong with the download?

no season 2 classic costumes are out yet

I'm drawing a blank on how the ultra accessories work

.la1n

no season 2 classic costumes are out yet

I'm drawing a blank on how the ultra accessories work

Ultra accessories will be released at later dates as well like it was with the first season.

^Rebelo's TJ was something else last night, might have to give the character more time.

We get to see more of Cinder's silhouette.

1909320_601255723314047_5128546560784662812_o.jpg

Yeeah, I'm not sure where it's going.. But from what I see from the silhouette, I am not liking it.

But that's why there will be the classic outfit for Cinder to satisfy me.

.la1n

Yeeah, I'm not sure where it's going.. But from what I see from the silhouette, I am not liking it.

But that's why there will be the classic outfit for Cinder to satisfy me.

His mid into leg section seems a little odd but it's just a silhouette not going to read too much into it. Will wait for more to be revealed before I start announcing Cinder is dead ;)

https://vine.co/v/OJqHLadtTi9

New Vine by Mick.

Pretty interesting.

Dammit. I can't hear it right now.. D:

Let the hype begin!!

His mid into leg section seems a little odd but it's just a silhouette not going to read too much into it. Will wait for more to be revealed before I start announcing Cinder is dead ;)

I don't know man, that silhouette is pretty odd. Plus it looks like he has some cybernetics going on for his arm. Of course, I'm already displeased with his build and hand, I don't think something could change that. XP

Retro Cinder will be Gawd!

.la1n

Yeah his retro inspired design could be pretty great. I'm not opposed to some different direction with his design but I do hope they really nail the fire effects. Also, he absolutely needs an air dash :)

Heatshade

Neo Member
Yeah his retro inspired design could be pretty great. I'm not opposed to some different direction with his design but I do hope they really nail the fire effects. Also, he absolutely needs an air dash :)

Or maybe they will let him change to a full fire body in instinct mode, looking like the original.
Then again, no character has ever changed appearance during battle as of yet.

They have a few options with his instinct mode tho, like invisibility or semi invisible (projectile safe). He just has to be fun to work on/play with!! :D

Bardiche

Recently ordered an XB1; I finally get to follow this game.
I'm happy to see characters like Riptor, Thunder, and Cinder return since they were missed in KI2.
In terms of Cinder, I agree with him being too slim in his silhouette but I'm more perplexed by his claw-like hand. I know his hands were not claw-like in the first Killer Instinct.

Anyways, I look forward to getting this game and seeing how Kim Wu will turn out in this one.

Yes, I have very high hopes on his effects for his flames. It'll be gorgeous seeing it, I just have that feeling.

I honestly expected him to be that first character with an air dash. If not, then I suspect the Avenging Ghost will. XP

They have a few options with his instinct mode tho, like invisibility or semi invisible (projectile safe). He just has to be fun to work on/play with!! :D

I do wonder if they'll do that for his instinct, or will that be part of his moveset.

Recently ordered an XB1; I finally get to follow this game.

Anyways, I look forward to getting this game and seeing how Kim Wu will turn out in this one.

Congratulations!

I hope Kim Wu's design amazes me. I'm looking forward to her the most of all characters.

derFeef

They always say the new character is a jerk... pft!
Hopes for a more streamlined character destroyed :( Not digging Combo or Maya.

Doukou

They always say the new character is a jerk... pft!
Hopes for a more streamlined character destroyed :( Not digging Combo or Maya.

We already knew he was the most complex character this season for awhile lol. After him should should be the start of more steamlined characters.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
With all the mention to how Kan Ra has relationships to other characters (items), I'd love to see him actually get the first set of personalized win quotes between characters. Wouldn't even necessarily need new animations, just tease the story a bit by having him reference what he's taken / owned / desired from the characters...

As far as how Cinder looks up there... he looks like a different interpretation of what introducing fire to a body could do.

The idea that he might burn and melt before his body adjust to being eternally on fire seems OK, especially since they'll have classic looks eventually. I'd worry more about having his animations work right with the possible change in finger numbers, since he seems to have slightly claw-like hands. He needs to be something more special than "The Human Torch, with a different name", beyond his classic costume. This will be a fun balancing act to watch.

I wonder if his Silhouette is slightly changed not by a skinny / misshapen body, but just because they included live fire with the outline, too> That'd be a good way to mislead on exactly how he looks...

ahm998

How to get this game with fully content and it will be how much?

I check xbox store and it will cost me 60$??!!

why still expensive?

Doukou

why still expensive?

With full content?
Sorry to break it to you but 80 dollars will get you everything, all 16 characters and their accessories and retro costume. You will also get a port of KI 1 and KI 2(2 has working online.)

60 dollars could get you all 3 combo breaker packs(assuming season 3 comes out) which over time would give you 24 characters and 2 accessories for each.

I got the combo breaker disc as a gift and am totally digging it, but I really wanted to grab KI Classic. Is the only way to get it now is to rebuy the whole game in the Ultra digital pack online? Thanks

why still expensive?

It's $40 for all the characters (S1&2). If you want EVERYTHING (Retro costumes, 4th set of accessories, Killer Instinct Classic, Killer Instinct Classic 2, Early access to S2 characters) then it's $80 total.

Top Bottom