• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I don't think it's just because it's early. TJ and Maya have strange animations as well. Something just seems off about Iron Galaxy characters.
I agree. The S2 character animations look off but I think the hit stop is contributing to the look as well. Makes the characters all look robotic.

Holy shit.

That intro of his, I love it! And OMFG.. They listened! The spiritual successor to Artic Slam from Glacius in KI2! IG <3

Kan-Ra looks so fuckin' good! I'm definitely going to try to main him, and I'm really loving all of the sand effects.

That theme of his is pretty Damn great as well!

Riptor is actually a lot more thicker than I thought she would be, I'm happy about that. Still would love to see more on her design before I say something. I'm still 50/50 on it.

I'm mostly looking forward to the classic outfit.. We all know what's happening. *0*

riptor_2013_kev_bayliss_by_kevbayliss-d6k1vq4.png

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wohoo, the trailer! Thoughts:

Animation: His head looks so far up on his neck, the and the lack of motion on that long stump just looks kinda odd to me. He looked REALLY small compared to Glacius, but that's ok, right?

The constantly coiling wraps, sand effects, scarab swarm projectiles, cute blue flower petals (?!?) and overall motions are fairly cool though, even moreso in concept than execution at times. Love the multi-slams, and the Glacius-like Sandpit>Antlion hits.

Some of this stuff seems a little crazy and hard to follow, but I'm sure it'll make more sense once hands are laid on him. Given the short amount of dev time these future characters are having, nice works overall. I like the crazyish personality theme they're going for.

Voice: I hope everyone doesn't end up speaking plain English, but it kinda works for him. He's a jerk of a guy, and having those insults understandable by players will probably help that stick.

Move themes: Yay, more special movements (that sand hand hop) and a lot of far reaching, extra-animation attacks. That actually feels very MvC / 2D Capcom, and I'm happy with that. He has some of that Anakaris stuff going on, just even more crazy.

He seems to have a LOT of Re-Captures. And instead of full screen stuff, he seems to be able to catch you, and then tele to your location?

Did anyone notice the effects of curses in this video?

Stage: A similar dark lair like Saberwulfs, just with the destruction apparently caused by the whirling vortex in the center. I think that's pretty cool. It's kinda dark, and it hasn't really stuck in my head yet, but the constantly switching angles might have made it less attention grabbing.

Music: Hey, I like it! No surprise there. I like how we got an ancient world-ish KI theme at the trailers end.

Riptor: Is it bad that I'm fine with him, as long as I can make him look like various cybernetic Dino Toys from the 80s? Or the new dinos in the Toy Story special coming soon? It should be good to have a Riptor Palette cleanser, after all the overly-nuts characters this season has intro'd so far. The teaser was appropriately campy in nature, and I like that we saw the model some. She may look kinda plain and conservative in deisgn now, but hopefully there's some more flair once we see everything in action.

Overall: Ok, will be fun to see how this all works in KI's systems. He looks pretty wild, and at least serves as a good hint that Cinder's flaming effects should be in good hands, overall. Even if I still want to see animation improvements, Kan Ra at least makes IG's strengths even more apparent, and I do look forward to how they grow into this role over the coming months. Nice to see their first fully original character in action finally.

dankir

Wohoo, the trailer! Thoughts:

Animation: His head looks so far up on his neck, the and the lack of motion on that long stump just looks kinda odd to me. He looked REALLY small compared to Glacius, but that's ok, right?

The constantly coiling wraps, sand effects, scarab swarm projectiles, cute blue flower petals (?!?) and overall motions are fairly cool though, even moreso in concept than execution at times. Love the multi-slams, and the Glacius-like Sandpit>Antlion hits.

Some of this stuff seems a little crazy and hard to follow, but I'm sure it'll make more sense once hands are laid on him. Given the short amount of dev time these future characters are having, nice works overall. I like the crazyish personality theme they're going for.

Voice: I hope everyone doesn't end up speaking plain English, but it kinda works for him. He's a jerk of a guy, and having those insults understandable by players will probably help that stick.

Move themes: Yay, more special movements (that sand hand hop) and a lot of far reaching, extra-animation attacks. That actually feels very MvC / 2D Capcom, and I'm happy with that. He has some of that Anakaris stuff going on, just even more crazy.

He seems to have a LOT of Re-Captures. And instead of full screen stuff, he seems to be able to catch you, and then tele to your location?

Did anyone notice the effects of curses in this video?

PRetty sure what he spits out is a trap that stays on the screen and counters fireballs.

2nd trap is the hand that launches him into the air

3rd one has to be related to his teleport

Not sure what it does to your opponent but we'll see on the stream today :)

Holy...

Kan-Ra is a character I need to play yesterday. I don't even care if he's being touted as the most complex character in this game, he looks really fun.

Grappler? Check. Cool mummy theme? Check. Evil grinning bastard? Check. Seemingly voiced by Kirk Thornton? Check..?

Either way, this sold me on the character. Now I await the stream that I will watch at some undetermined point later today.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Holy...

Kan-Ra is a character I need to play yesterday. I don't even care if he's being touted as the most complex character in this game, he looks really fun.

Grappler? Check. Cool mummy theme? Check. Evil grinning bastard? Check. Seemingly voiced by Kirk Thornton? Check..?

Either way, this sold me on the character. Now I await the stream that I will watch at some undetermined point later today.
If his inputs arent all redic i'll definitely play him.

If his inputs arent all redic i'll definitely play him.

In this game? I can't imagine his inputs being more difficult than a dragon punch motion. He may have a reverse dragon punch motion, but I see that being the most "complex" motion.

No half circles, no charges, no tiger knees, no 360 motions. Not in this game.
Yet?

PhatSaqs

Banned
In this game? I can't imagine his inputs being more difficult than a dragon punch motion. He may have a reverse dragon punch motion, but I see that being the most "complex" motion.

Yet?
Right lol. We shall see.

Ont

Yet?

All of his moves are quarter circle moves. It was confirmed by Adam or one of the devs in Twitter.

Doukou

Not a big fan of the barcode on Riptor. Other than that her model looks great conceptually and will probably improve like Kan-Ra's did

Doukou

Nevermind that site is block
Basically an image from Xbox help that says Kan-ra was help by ultra-tech.
Kinda weird his story made him seem more free.

Doukou

9th color will be special and include a re texture apparently and can't be bought. You get it at the new max level cap for character.

Top Bottom