• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Doukou

Reposting for new page
Maya getting nerfed hard probably
Fulgore getting his hype beam 'back'
Cinder will be easy to learn

Doukou

They all like Gargos, split on Eyedol.

Gargos seems like a strong possibility for Season 3.

Kan-Ra will have a Chinese set accessories.

Can't believe they're being this candid with upcoming information. Can't wait to see #NotJago in January.

So it's confirmed that #NotShago is coming in January? Interesting. They really are throwing out a lot of information, huh?

They all like Gargos, split on Eyedol.

Gargos seems like a strong possibility for Season 3.

I really truly hope that they bring back both Gargos and Eyedol in the future.

Doukou

Going to upgrade story elements of Season 1 and Story in season 2 will be at the end of Season 2 and will have more story than original season 1.
Orchid got a bit nerfed.

I really like the Eyedol concept from that guy that did the Kim Wu redesign a few pages back.

TJhdkjw.jpg

Big departure, but makes him more interesting than a standard Harryhausen Cyclops.

Doukou

They said that in no way is that character Shadow Jago and the guy said he dropped a big hint on his twitter.

"Or perhaps we did that... intentionally?" in regards to him looking like Shajo.

I think it's the biggest hint and it 's hinting that he is a shape shifter.

It's not confirmed but the image during the season 2 trailer has been correct so far going left to right.

14_ki07.jpg

Oooh, okay. I really hope we can get the avenging ghost next after Riptor. D:

Kan-Ra's idle theme is with classic main KI theme.

Soo.. Like Sadira's theme?

They said that in no way is that character Shadow Jago and the guy said he dropped a big hint on his twitter.

Time go searching on Twitter,!

vg260

Sounded like it was the opposite actually. I actually think this is why the #notashadowjago 9th character exists. He'll probably have the moveset they were thinking of for Shago so that they can keep the Shago skin a limited bonus that you can't get anymore.

That's bogus if it takes up a character slot though. It was a terrible way to distribute it by tying it to a live membership. Even if I bought the system day one, I already have live cards to last years. It would have been a waste.

#notshadowjago is probably the complete opposite, like the highest form that Jago can be with a true tiger spirit running through him, "Godlike Jago"

*facepalm*. The whole point was to be a homage to Harryhausen Cyclops

Yeah, I know. It's not so much a homage as it is a straight rip with two heads though (same with classic Spinal). Besides, with the retro skin you can still have that. I think it would be better to give him a look that is unique to him.

Guys.. I think the real news here is that IG loves Battletoads, and they'd love to have a Battletoads guest character.

This has me excited.

.la1n

Wow Kan-Ra looks tiny compared to the rest of the cast. Enjoyed his trailer music, great stuff as always from Mick. Doesn't look like a character I would play but still looking forward to trying him out. More interested in seeing the textual stream and what balance changes are going into effect with this update.

Oh and Riptor looks pretty great from what I can see, can't wait to see more in game.

Doukou

Thanks
Decided to make a list of info they gave us.

Going from the top of my head.
Balance changes incoming this patch, specifically Maya and Orchid.
Aria will be playable and have her own stage and moveset.
There will be a rooftop stage called pinnacle.
Riptor will be rushdown with a limited fire breath.
Cinder will be easy to use.
More than 4 stage ultras, Kan-Ra has one and we saw it in stream.
They like Gargos but not Eyedol.
There is a new bonus character like Shajo incoming.
Broccoli man will probably not be a grappler but there will be one.
They are updating the story elements from Season 1, Season 2 will have more story elements and will come at the end.
9th color will be a retexture that can't be bought.
Kan-Ra will have incan and Chinese sets
CAn upgrade to Season 2 ultra
They are working on a Female announcer.
New merchandise incoming.
Fulgore will get his hype beam 'back'
New accessories for all characters are coming.

They also seem to act like Season 3 is confirmed.

Me and one of my mates have been playing some exhibition matches, and he keeps crashing as fulgore every time, it is only happening whenever he plays Fulgore online, anyone have any ideas what is up with it?

Ont

I think season 3 was confirmed a long time ago, as was Kim Wu. And not a surprise that Tusk will return.

This character roster in April 2016...

Sydle

Kan-Ra looks great in motion and his move set is crazy. I can't wait to see some high level Spinal or Fulgore against Kan-Ra matches.

stn

For a Street Fighter player who doesn't want to invest too much time into KI, who's the easiest character to learn?

I think season 3 was confirmed a long time ago, as was Kim Wu. And not a surprise that Tusk will return.

This character roster in April 2016...

Such a looong way to go. :( I'm just truly happy that all of KI's characters are returning, and a bunch of new characters being added.

This is what I wanted, this what KI deserved after being gone for so long. A huge cast to choose from. :3

DrDogg

Excellent stream today. Glad they answered most of my questions as well. I think the only one that was overlooked was about soundtrack sales.

Not sure if Kan-ra will be my go-to character, but I'll definitely try him out. He looks fun to play. Looking forward to Riptor next month.

Bardiche

Congratulations!

I hope Kim Wu's design amazes me. I'm looking forward to her the most of all characters.

Thanks!
I'm liking the Kim Wu designs that were shown a few pages ago, she's the one that sold me on this game and she isn't even shown yet.

Kan-Ra looks great; this is one of those rare fighting games where the new characters are just as interesting as the returning characters.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Just got home from work, came home to Smash bundle and new trailer! Kan-Ra looks..interesting. Missed the stream, Ill check it out later time for some Smash.

Btw if any of you got it today my NNID is Where_is_AA-Ron

Top Bottom