• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

vg260

Shouldn't be playing a fighting game just for the unlocks.

You'd think they wouldn't make such a measly amount of character customization so tedious to unlock. I think it speaks to the dev and/or pub not having their head in the right place that they're making it such a chore to make a paltry six colors available. The fact that someone would feel discouraged enough to stop playing after losing their progress to me is telling of some bad design.

I'm sure anybody would be discouraged after losing all their stuff. I sure as hell would, with all the time and hard work gone.

I just hope that I won't be running into that stuff whenever I can get my hands on an XB1 w/Killer Instinct. I'll be trying to get everything as I like to do so whenever I have friends over.

zlatko

Banned
So the structure for this game right now is I could download the "demo" version and use 1 character, and if I want it, then pony up 20 for Season 1, 20 for season 2? Or 40 a pop for all the "extras" for customization, correct?

What's the free character at the moment?

So the structure for this game right now is I could download the "demo" version and use 1 character, and if I want it, then pony up 20 for Season 1, 20 for season 2? Or 40 a pop for all the "extras" for customization, correct?

Correct.

$20 gets you all 8 characters.
$40 gets you all 8 characters, accessories, etc.

I'm not sure on that answer.

hwalker84

Correct.

$20 gets you all 8 characters of Season 1 or 2 Combo Edition (You decide which season you want)
$40 get you all 16 characters of Season 1 and 2 (Buying both Combo Editions)
$40 gets you 8 characters, accessories, etc. For Seasons 1 or 2 Ultra Edition (You decide which season you want)
$80 gets you all 16 characters, accessories, etc. For seasons 1 and 2 (Buying both Ultra Editions)

I'm not sure on that answer.
Fixed

.la1n

You can also opt to buy only the characters you want individually.

Sydle

Thunder

What do you guys think? :V

He goes on about how he wants it to sound demonic/'screamy,' and having a deadline by early next week.

Alright!! Lol.

Probably for NotShadowJago

Honestly if it's for the Avenging Ghost, that would be pretty damn awesome. Since it's expected that #NotShago is next after Riptor.

I'm pretty intrigued at thought of this theme and how it'll end up sounding like.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So on the day of our next Textural Stream, we get hit with SFV Being announced as a PS4 console exclusive.

Personally, it's kinda nice seeing how similar to KI it looks so far, graphically. Not as a slight to SF, but as a benchmark for how well KI's varied developers have done with making something that meets the line of "Current Gen Fighter" so far. It's good to know the game won't look outdated and outclassed when we get our big first MKs and SFs for this generation of consoles.

Also good for future seasons.

It's kinda good to know we'll possible be up to 24+ characters and with loads of changes, stages, improvements, and new themes and features by the time SF starts releasing. Even if there is no V announcement for XB1, at least the system will have one of the better established fighters overall by the time SFV hits the Fighter Circuit. And hopefully more to come!

Ishmae1

Kraig should be posting it shortly.

A certain dino makes a small appearance for this week too. =)

Blech being sick sucks.

.la1n

Blech being sick sucks.

Saw that you were sick today on twitter, sorry to hear that Adam. Looking forward to seeing the dino appearance this week.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Nothing yet. Don't they usually post this by mid-day? I know Isgreen is sick, but Kraig said he was going to post it.

Blech being sick sucks.

I'm happy enough to know it's on the way. Thanks for dropping in to let this corner of the net know what's up, Adam! Hope you feel better swiftly, as well. Does the SFV leak make you feel better or worse in you position? ;-)

This was just tweeted.

https://twitter.com/KI_Central/status/541045335964286976

B4It3N2CAAA2y46.jpg:large

EDIT: Ah. Missed it in the textual stream there.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So the EXP woes are passing by slightly, and story / single player modes will mean more to leveling up your character, which should help alieviate the EXP worries, while giving a bit more reason to play the modes in the first place. Good.

The old Trials did a good job of trying to make SP content feel worthwhile, but with them shifted to the back seat, and new characters lacking stories, the game has felt much more MP oriented (which is kinda ok, but yeah...). It's nice to see a refresher that increases the significance again, and so swiftly.

The question / answer about Boosters is kinda freaky. It'd be kinda cool if you could earn EXP boosters for your next 10 or so fights by completing SP objectives. I'm quite surprised he mentions they're NOT tied to money?

Heatshade

Neo Member
As mentioned in the stream, I would be happy to see them change the font when combos are made ("Killer", "Hyper", etc...).
It should match the font of the "READY" and "SUPREME" words.
I dunno it just feels more genuine to me.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
This is currently being discussed at the KI forums, do you guys think the PS4 SFV exclusivity will force MS to increase the budget/resources for KI going forward to try to compete more as their exclusive fighter? Seems very likely to me..

This is currently being discussed at the KI forums, do you guys think the PS4 SFV exclusivity will force MS to increase the budget/resources for KI going forward to try to compete more as their exclusive fighter? Seems very likely to me..

I don't think anything will change tbh

.la1n

I don't think anything will change tbh

Yeah I think KI has worked well for them as a direct result of how they've managed distribution and pricing models. The game is great with the budget it has, and it means we have a better chance at future seasons. We know next to nothing about Street Fighter V right now. No idea what the budget or distribution/pricing model looks like. It's just too early to do anything but speculate.

Aside from that who says they need to compete in the first place? The fighting game community is expansive enough for multiple games to exist and we as consumers only benefit from it. It's a great time to be a fighting game player.

CoCo_CoCo

Banned
The Shadow Jago Code says it comes with Round 1 content, what is the Round 1 content? Do you unlock more content than just Shadow Jago?

I'm guessing Round 1 means all the characters available on release day? Which was who again? Jago/Sabrewulf/Glacius

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yeah I think KI has worked well for them as a direct result of how they've managed distribution and pricing models. The game is great with the budget it has, and it means we have a better chance at future seasons. We know next to nothing about Street Fighter V right now. No idea what the budget or distribution/pricing model looks like. It's just too early to do anything but speculate.

Aside from that who says they need to compete in the first place? The fighting game community is expansive enough for multiple games to exist and we as consumers only benefit from it. It's a great time to be a fighting game player.
I agree they don't neccesairly 'need' to change the current model or directly compete with SFV. I'm more just wishful thinking out loud I guess. I would say with MS recent aggressiveness they might 'up the ante' a bit for KI going forward in both dev resources and certainly marketing (which at this point is basically non-existent) as a reaction to SFV..maybe try to bring the game more to forefront of their lineup going deep into 2015. Of course I think KI could really benefit from a boost in overall productionvalue/polish. Adam did say they plan on doing that anyway but who knows.

hwalker84

The Shadow Jago Code says it comes with Round 1 content, what is the Round 1 content? Do you unlock more content than just Shadow Jago?

I'm guessing Round 1 means all the characters available on release day? Which was who again? Jago/Sabrewulf/Glacius

Round one was just the free version. So you'll have Shago and the rotating free character.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm going to say we get a riptor trailer not next week but the week after ... Early in the week, though. Release later in the week... No demo stream :>

zlatko

Banned
What do you guys think the tier list is right now?

I am loving the tutorial in this game. THis is on another level. I wish every developer just straight up copy/pasted/added onto this. I can't believe it took this many years to get such a cohesive tutorial. Hats off.

As for characters---I am coming from a mostly Street Fighter background. There I play Rolento, Abel, and some Yang. Abel is the character I had the most success with just due to his mix up game.

I prefer a footsie oriented character, but with some rush down if possible. I do NOT like zoning characters. I'm fine if I have a projectile, but I don't like say... a Dhalsim like character.

The ones I like in order so far, are TJ Combo, Jago, and Thunder. Unfortunately I have yet to buy any of them but the tutorial let me use Jago. Which of these do you think would fit that play style the best so I can purchase and level on up? :)

Top Bottom