• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What do you guys think the tier list is right now?

No idea on tiers, S2 characters and system changes really toss that into the air for me.

I am loving the tutorial in this game. THis is on another level. I wish every developer just straight up copy/pasted/added onto this. I can't believe it took this many years to get such a cohesive tutorial. Hats off.

It really is great to have that VF4Evo style training mode back in something again.

As for characters---I am coming from a mostly Street Fighter background. There I play Rolento, Abel, and some Yang. Abel is the character I had the most success with just due to his mix up game.

I prefer a footsie oriented character, but with some rush down if possible. I do NOT like zoning characters. I'm fine if I have a projectile, but I don't like say... a Dhalsim like character.

The ones I like in order so far, are TJ Combo, Jago, and Thunder. Unfortunately I have yet to buy any of them but the tutorial let me use Jago. Which of these do you think would fit that play style the best so I can purchase and level on up? :)

Yeah, Combo. Of course, if you like him, Saberwulf is also worth looking into, as a different flavor to his base gameplay. Sadira MIGHT scratch some of that Rolento / Yang speedy / mixy stuff, same with Maya.

I love Thunder though. So I can't say much against buying him :) I really like playing KI's cast pretty widely, one things I'll always love about games with lots of shared, non-complex motions is that it really encourages a person to try almost everyone.

.la1n

It's still early days but Maya is looking to be in a top tier of her own at the moment but I think with time things will even out just like they did last season.

New to the Xbone and Killer Instinct and I am about to jump in after scooping up the Ultra Season 1 pack during Black Friday, A few quick questions:

1. Recommended beginner characters to learn the game? I am assuming Jago
2. How strict are the command and timing requirements for intermediate to advanced combos? (For reference even after 100 plus hrs still struggled with FDAC to Ultras in SF4, much preferred the magic series of UMvC3)
3. I am a pad player, is the default button layout ok or should I make some changes? (Used a madcatz fightpad for the Xbox 360 / PC)
4. Any other general recommendations for a new player?

Thanks!

.la1n

New to the Xbone and Killer Instinct and I am about to jump in after scooping up the Ultra Season 1 pack during Black Friday, A few quick questions:

1. Recommended beginner characters to learn the game? I am assuming Jago
2. How strict are the command and timing requirements for intermediate to advanced combos? (For reference even after 100 plus hrs still struggled with FDAC to Ultras in SF4, much preferred the magic series of UMvC3)
3. I am a pad player, is the default button layout ok or should I make some changes? (Used a madcatz fightpad for the Xbox 360 / PC)
4. Any other general recommendations for a new player?

Thanks!

1. Sabrewulf is the best beginner character imo.
2. Commands are not strict nor is timing until you get into manuals. It's one of the easiest fighting games to learn.
3. Default layout works perfect. It's SF style.
4. Play through the tutorial then arcade or survival on higher difficulties until you feel comfortable then jump into online play. Exhibition matches are great to learn with as you can play as many rematches as your opponent wants and learn fighting against many skill levels.

As with any game practice makes perfect. Have fun above all else and remember to always mute opponents on the character select when starting online matches. You'll thank me for the last one trust me.

Doukou

What do you guys think the tier list is right now?

I am loving the tutorial in this game. THis is on another level. I wish every developer just straight up copy/pasted/added onto this. I can't believe it took this many years to get such a cohesive tutorial. Hats off.

As for characters---I am coming from a mostly Street Fighter background. There I play Rolento, Abel, and some Yang. Abel is the character I had the most success with just due to his mix up game.

I prefer a footsie oriented character, but with some rush down if possible. I do NOT like zoning characters. I'm fine if I have a projectile, but I don't like say... a Dhalsim like character.

The ones I like in order so far, are TJ Combo, Jago, and Thunder. Unfortunately I have yet to buy any of them but the tutorial let me use Jago. Which of these do you think would fit that play style the best so I can purchase and level on up? :)

My guess
1. Spinal
2. TJ Combo
3. Maya
4. Orchid
5. Jago
6. Sabrewulf
7. Kan-Ra
8. Chief Thunder
9. Glacius
10. Sadira
11. Fulgore

In all honesty I couldn't really tell you, every character feels good and it's hard to determine whose better than who.

Except Spinal, you can tell he's the best.

TJ combo fits your style the best.

Doukou

What makes Fulgore and Sadira bad compared to the others? They're the two I'm most interested in.

They''re not bad just not as good.
Fulgore has weak shadow meter so he can't do Shadow moves and counters as much.
Sadira just feels like everyone has a good counter against her, ever since season 2.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
They said in the last stream Fulgore was gonna get some buffs in the next update. If they increase the speed his meter fills and fix the hype beam he'll easily be in the top half of the group.

1. Sabrewulf is the best beginner character imo.
2. Commands are not strict nor is timing until you get into manuals. It's one of the easiest fighting games to learn.
3. Default layout works perfect. It's SF style.
4. Play through the tutorial then arcade or survival on higher difficulties until you feel comfortable then jump into online play. Exhibition matches are great to learn with as you can play as many rematches as your opponent wants and learn fighting against many skill levels.

As with any game practice makes perfect. Have fun above all else and remember to always mute opponents on the character select when starting online matches. You'll thank me for the last one trust me.

Thanks for this, much appreciated!

Doukou

They said in the last stream Fulgore was gonna get some buffs in the next update. If they increase the speed his meter fills and fix the hype beam he'll easily be in the top half of the group.

Yeah if his shadow meter can be speedy while still being a zoner with his high damage output he will be pretty good.

TJ Combo's theme is so fucking good

d46.gif

Doukou

So the Golem is greek based of Mick Gordon.

Also means he is the next character after Blugo.
So that line-up at the end of the launch trailer is the actual line-up as much as Iron Galaxy wants to convince us it could be different lol.

.la1n

So the Golem is greek based of Mick Gordon.

Also means he is the next character after Blugo.
So that line-up at the end of the launch trailer is the actual line-up as much as Iron Galaxy wants to convince us it could be different lol.

Figured this much, made too much sense with Cinder being the end of the season to make people wait longer for him.

edit: My only concern with a PC port of KI right now is IG is stretched thin working on the content they are currently, a port would require more man power unless they plan to outsource it.

Doukou

Curious to see what info we're going to get in the textual stream this week.

I imagine it's a pretty safe bet that we'll get a date for the trailer yeah?

Adam Isgreen said a lot of the questions would be auto-answered in the Q part of a QA. Guess what most of the questions were.

Also finally hit level 30 with Kan-Ra

Figured this much, made too much sense with Cinder being the end of the season to make people wait longer for him.

edit: My only concern with a PC port of KI right now is IG is stretched thin working on the content they are currently, a port would require more man power unless they plan to outsource it.

Aren't most ports handled by third parties though?

Then again... maybe its best if it was the actual team doing it if they decide to.

Doukou

Credit goes to themarychain on Ultra-combo forums

Riptor

Ultratech reveals the newest addition to its ever growing brand of military products, the Riptor battlefield infiltration and disruption unit! Plasma claws, internal flame generators, and cybernetic tail extensors are combined with a natural predator's advantages. Don't wait! Genetic assembly pods are filling up now. Order yours TODAY!

On Character help page 10.

Doukou

Yah tail is the most interesting part, is she gonna be able to stretch her tail for attacks or will it already be stretched and be very long? In the trailer shot the tail was long enough to be in front of her chest.

.la1n

Credit goes to themarychain on Ultra-combo forums

Riptor

Ultratech reveals the newest addition to its ever growing brand of military products, the Riptor battlefield infiltration and disruption unit! Plasma claws, internal flame generators, and cybernetic tail extensors are combined with a natural predator's advantages. Don't wait! Genetic assembly pods are filling up now. Order yours TODAY!

On Character help page 10.

Interesting, sounds pretty awesome to be honest.

edit: internal flame generator might give us an idea of how the flame effects are going to look when it comes to Cinder in the future as well.

abadguy

Banned

Yeah if it does come to the PC , it needs to be after season 3 is done.

Skab

Yeah if it does come to the PC , it needs to be after season 3 is done.

Why would that matter? Waiting until summer of 2016 isn't going to help the game grow any, and they have never said that Season 3 is the last season, so it isn't like the work load would suddenly be less.

If they decide to port it, I doubt they would wait to do it. And I don't think IG is stretched thin really. They have two studios.

You know this on PC would be great. I think the game's art would love it as well.

I can only hope for cross platform play, it would be a great way IMO to partially stick it to the whole streetfighter junk.

Quick question, new Xbone owner trying to learn the game. What is the best online resource for character guides, matchups, basic combos etc? Still grinding out the training mode and against the CPU but want to do some research before diving into online play.

Thanks!

dankir

Quick question, new Xbone owner trying to learn the game. What is the best online resource for character guides, matchups, basic combos etc? Still grinding out the training mode and against the CPU but want to do some research before diving into online play.

Thanks!

Max's week of videos are great. The character walk throughs that Iron Galaxy give on Twitch are fanstastic. In particular once a new character is released.

There's tons of great stuff on youtube, so just use that.

Skab

My god. The reasoning people are giving for KI to stay exclusive is both hilarious and sad.

If MS does decide to port it, the meltdowns over there are going to be absolutely amazing.

My god. The reasoning people are giving for KI to stay exclusive is both hilarious and sad.

If MS does decide to port it, the meltdowns over there are going to be absolutely amazing.

One of my favorite things is there are people who are signing up to post that it should NOT be ported.

AKA, people who do not care about the game, probably do not play it even, and argue then about exclusives being the lifeblood of consoles. It is really odd what people do to retroactively justify their purchases in their minds.

derFeef

I find the "no one cares about this; DOA" comments really strange but what can you do.

dankir

Yeah the Riptor one has, the Golem one is pretty cool never saw it before. The ghost girl one has the longest torso ever though.

Yah tail is the most interesting part, is she gonna be able to stretch her tail for attacks or will it already be stretched and be very long? In the trailer shot the tail was long enough to be in front of her chest.

I'm sure that she'll have just a very long piercing tail. Honestly it kinda makes me think of Vertigo in Primal Rage. She can keep her distance if she needs to, but having that option of going all in.

They have not been posted! But I've seen them on the UC Forum, except the Cinder one.

I really like how the Golem looks there. ^^

Skab

Stream is live. http://www.twitch.tv/irongalaxy

Hyped to see Hype beam returning.
On the PC debate, as long as it has crossplay like the poll says it only helps the community.

Edit: Also have these been posted? They are quite badass drawings.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1426453379_9e218401fe12133a11120e647b1a70e3

Ok, this one bothers me.

That is not her hair. It is fabrc on her weapon. I don't know why people keep thinking its hair.

zlatko

Banned
Bought TJ Combo and yeah this guy is the bomb. I'm excited to learn some BnBs. I get bodied hella free right now online haha, but I'll just learn a few basic combos and then go from there.

Top Bottom