• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Ishmae1

I remembered them saying a while back that Riptor is the smallest character in the game. She was huge in KI one.

Nah. Ghost Girl is the smallest at 5'4". Her weapon gives her some height tho.

Riptor is rather substantial. Certainly the widest character we've got when she's running.

Delt31

Thanks for posting adam.

I have to say that Kan'ra is an absolute blast to play and really sets this season on fire. He alone has got make back into it full swing - the amount of moves/variety is insane and the sand effects are really effective. People say MKX looks great - please, have they not seen KI?

Great job guys. I hope we hit the riptor release as planned (way before christmas, etc). Seems like we're due any day now.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

Riptor is rather substantial. Certainly the widest character we've got when she's running.
Can't wait to see what Ghost Girl looks like. Her and notshadowjago sound most interesting to me.

She runs! seriously though, cannot wait to see her in motion. I feel like I'll be blown away.

And also curious of the Avenging Ghost.. Too bad it's such a loooong way to go. D:

dankir

Okay seeing that nothing was revealed on the stream how soon will we get a trailer? In the next few days? you guys said that she'd arrive earlier than Kan - Ra did in the month.

.la1n

Riptor sounds properly menacing. Looking forward to seeing her this month.

abadguy

Banned
I am most curious about the Ghost girl at the moment. I thought that weapon in her silhouette was a sword at first, looking at it again it seems similar to that weapon that Faust carries in GG.

I am most curious about the Ghost girl at the moment. I thought that weapon in her silhouette was a sword at first, looking at it again it seems similar to that weapon that Faust carries in GG.

Naginata is what the weapon is called.

20110111032653103.jpg

Doukou

The issue was that you were able to kara cancel sandnormals into Sacrifice. This led to the Potential Damage bug.

Change not mentioned in the the update list by the way. I was about to say they nerfed Kan-Ra a bit but didn't fix that annoying bug.

DrDogg

So... we're almost halfway into December and not much on Riptor. I'm wondering if when they said, "well before Christmas" if that meant the Ultra release, with the Combo release coming on or close to Christmas.

.la1n

So... we're almost halfway into December and not much on Riptor. I'm wondering if when they said, "well before Christmas" if that meant the Ultra release, with the Combo release coming on or close to Christmas.

It's a possibility. I never put much thought into the "well before Christmas" quote. I think third week of the month is a safe bet going forward for character releases for Ultra owners.

dankir

It's a possibility. I never put much thought into the "well before Christmas" quote. I think third week of the month is a safe bet going forward for character releases for Ultra owners.

Bah but they said we'd get her well before Ultra owners got Kan-Ra in November. I still think next week she'll be released. But looks like in 2 weeks.

Really wish we got something yesterday though :/

.la1n

Something going on at 10am PST on twitch.tv/killerinstinct

Does not seem Riptor related but more related to what the channel is becoming.

Doukou

Isgreen tweeted this yesterday

https://twitter.com/Ishmae1/status/543184130469412865

So we could maybe possibly get a Riptor glimps? No harm in hoping.

Taking off to SF finally. Oh & #KISeason 2 fans the textual stream today from @Ishmae1 is a good one! 2.2 is Dinotastic all around.

So much Dino news.

Scott: Official KI news @MrGrimmmmz @GutterMagic1 & @CStyles45 will be on the Official KI Stream on @Twitch Great News gents. Well deserved!!
Stream today?

Taking off to SF finally. Oh & #KISeason 2 fans the textual stream today from @Ishmae1 is a good one! 2.2 is Dinotastic all around.

So much Dino news.

Scott: Official KI news @MrGrimmmmz @GutterMagic1 & @CStyles45 will be on the Official KI Stream on @Twitch Great News gents. Well deserved!!
Stream today?

Fuuu- If it is a stream.. I'll be missing out on another great one, won't I? >.<

I really hope some amazing things are shown.

You're not missing anything. It was stated no Riptor info would be revealed in it. He was just playing online matches.

Ahh, okay. Awesome. Now I won't have to worry about missing all the great things to be shown. I really need to get internet. T^T

Riptor for next week!

dankir

Ahh, okay. Awesome. Now I won't have to worry about missing all the great things to be shown. I really need to get internet. T^T

Riptor for next week!

I was still calling for the 15th.

Dr. Dogg said the 9th so he's out

I think .Ia1n predicted the 24th.

so cross your fingers

Zedox

I was still calling for the 15th.

Dr. Dogg said the 9th so he's out

I think .Ia1n predicted the 24th.

so cross your fingers

Yea, I think it's the 15th...it may be the 19th (all for the Ultra Owners) but I think a Monday would make sense as a lot of people take the week of Christmas off so next week early would make sense so people can work on any issues arising.

Gestault

NOTE that to get these, you must load the game before 06:00:00 UTC on 01/01/2015 once the 2.2 title update is applied. If you don&#8217;t you will not unlock these rewards!

Just to be sure I'm clear, once 2.2 goes live, you need to log in (having bought an Ultra Edition) by [the above time] to be flagged as an "owner" of the holiday stuff, right? Gimmie that beard.

dankir

I was close if we are talking about when combo owners get Riptor ;)

Deal and they were probably aiming for the 15th but ran into this hiccup he mentioned.

Really wish they had the trailer today though!

I'll be playing lots this weekend so add me if anybody is down :)

live GT: D O N K E R

LTWheels

HNNG:

A word on the 2.2 update: It’s large. ~10GB. Why? One of the things we’re starting to address (slow character loading) required a rebuild of all the content packages, and that means a big download.

.la1n

I'll admit I hate most of the cornball accessories we get but there is something charming about sabrewulf with antlers and a red nose.

TJ Combo classic confirmed for this update as well.

dankir

That.....doesn't look anything like Riptor. That looks like a cyborg Velociraptor from Jurassic Park.

If you want the original Riptor play KI classic, nobody said these characters need to be 1:1 replicas of their originals. Look at the whole cast everybody from the first game have changed significantly.

Top Bottom