• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Skab

Japanese; Yokai -- It all makes sense, especially with the weapon being used.

I think the broke naginata adds to the creep factor. :p She's been the character that has my most interest. Being what she is, along with her being the shortest character this season of 5'4"

Adams comment of her stuff being "never done in ki before" followed by keits saying in chat that it wasnt just never in KI, but "never done ever" makes me INCREDIBLY curious

Keits

Developer
Adams comment of her stuff being "never done in ki before" followed by keits saying in chat that it wasnt just never in KI, but "never done ever" makes me INCREDIBLY curious

I dont know about Adam but I was talking about War Golem Broccoliman and I thought he was too :)

Can't wait to see how well KI looks with Motion Blur. Never got to see the pre-release version in person.

I played a pre release KI build in september or so before xb1 launch. I really cannot remember if it had obmb back then.

It was def an xb1 build though, not the PC build that people tak about back then.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wasn't motion blur removed some time after the game was already out? I remember playing with it on... but i don't remember if it was just on prerelease

Sydle

Ohhh. Well, interest shifted to Broccoliman then.

I think Adam has mentioned in a previous stream that everyone who has seen Ghost Girl has said "whoa." I think it was today's stream that Adam also mentioned characters dropping in February and March are particularly exciting. Campbell said he was really excited for upcoming characters as well.

Bottom line, I think there's more than just Broccoliman to really look forward to in the next half of the season.

sangreal

Wasn't motion blur removed some time after the game was already out? I remember playing with it on... but i don't remember if it was just on prerelease

I think it was only pre-release

I just went through a ton of screenshots I have from last december and don't see it

Skab

I think Adam has mentioned in a previous stream that everyone who has seen Ghost Girl has said "whoa." I think it was today's stream that Adam also mentioned characters dropping in February and March are particularly exciting. Campbell said he was really excited for upcoming characters as well.

Bottom line, I think there's more than just Broccoliman to really look forward to in the next half of the season.

Oh I'm definitely interested in every character coming our way. But as a long time fan of fighters, I can't help but be super curious about a character that does things not seen before, you know?

I tried to read back and see if anyone said anything along these lines but didn't see anything so here goes.

-In KI2 the tiger spirit was Gargos right? He conned Jago into releasing him.
-Shadow Jago is getting his ass handed to him, but then it's regular Jago that is downed.
-The picture has slowly been pieced together and basically looks like Shadow Jago.

So Shadow Jago is basically Evil Ryu, right? Consumed, or maybe even controlling the dark power somehow, and probably gone insane.

I reckon this new character is some kind of spirit or entity that has freed itself from Shadow/Jago and is seeking revenge or something.

I'm sure what I've said is a little mixed up, but I sticking to the last part about something splitting out of Jago.

o82coUc.jpg

whoa wait...is it possible to buy or unlock Shadow Jago??

Nuklear

Banned
The Riptor model has grown on me but it still seems like it was ripped straight from Primal Rage.

What I would give for a new Primal Rage too! lol

Noooooooooo, i just bought an Xbox for the kids for christmas, console won't be opening until xmas day. FUCK!!!! I'm going to miss this. fuck fuck fuck.

BTW i am new to xbox, can i create my xbox account before the day i open my present? I want to create the account just to go buy this game right now. Is this doable?

Yes, you can create an account on the website and buy it through there.

Then when you hook up your XB1 just log in with the same credentials.

Noooooooooo, i just bought an Xbox for the kids for christmas, console won't be opening until xmas day. FUCK!!!! I'm going to miss this. fuck fuck fuck.

BTW i am new to xbox, can i create my xbox account before the day i open my present? I want to create the account just to go buy this game right now. Is this doable?

yes you can buy online no console needed

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So how do you get Shadow Jago? Is it too late or a special unlock or something else?

Right now it's only with that day one xbox live gold which isn't readily available

The devs have said they want him to remain a special character and will likely have other ways that you can acquire him in the future... probably a lot like the very limited time christmas accessories

^ finally some confirmation that mick gordon on twitch was real lol

rubex75

Banned
Fuck that's a shame. Hate seeing that blank space on my character select screen. Hope they make him available when Herald comes out.

vg260

I wouldn't complain. It appears to be a nice implementation of object motion blur and makes animations look super slick.

No offense, but I don't understand how this makes an animation look better. It not like the jump from 30 to 60 fps where the actually animation improves. It looks like the same animation, but literally blurrier. It's a cheesy effect to me akin to bad use of photoshop filters.

Sorry, I just hate it, especially on the main characters.

Top Bottom