• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

I'm hoping the developers see that this is highly subjective and it ruins the visuals for some that have already paid for both Ultra packs (regular price). I'd like devs who come here take note of a dislike for it without having the opinion drowned out by other posts saying I'm not giving it a fair shake or I can't see what I'm seeing. A toggle option is what I'm hoping they will add.

Yeah, I'm all for options. Hopefully they'll put one in.

Ont

Damn those Riptor vs Retro TJ matches looked amazing.

Iron Galaxy and Microsoft are nailing it with this season.

bumpkin

So are they going to completely change the way the announcer sounds ? The way it is now is perfect.
No, I think the re-recording they mentioned was only for character names. An example they called out specifically was how Maya's name is pronounced differently than it was by the announcer in KI2. When you pick her retro costume, it'll say her name the old way.

Marvel

could never
I cannot beat TJ Combo users :( words cannot describe how much I despise that character. I suck so much now, taking a break from this game was a baaaad idea.

spannicus

No, I think the re-recording they mentioned was only for character names. An example they called out specifically was how Maya's name is pronounced differently than it was by the announcer in KI2. When you pick her retro costume, it'll say her name the old way.

Thank you.

I cannot beat TJ Combo users :( words cannot describe how much I despise that character. I suck so much now, taking a break from this game was a baaaad idea.

Ranking never seems to match me up with people my skill level and is hurting this games longevity to me.

Marvel

could never
Started out rank 9, now a rank 1 lol. The MM is a joke I've been fighting tbagging 15's and 24's all day.

I need to improve.

derFeef

We should arrange some KI game nights for people who just want some friendly matches with no pressure. I haven't played a lot recently and would love to play around with the new characters and balancing changes this way.

I would love to join but I am EU and have shitty internet :(

Marvel

could never
Damn Riptor looks amazing, I know what I am buying next!

We should arrange some KI game nights for people who just want some friendly matches with no pressure. I haven't played a lot recently and would love to play around with the new characters and balancing changes this way.

That would be awesome, but I too am EU.

Plus I don't use a mic lol.

btags

I would be up for that especially to try out some characters like spinal that I have been meaning to play as but cannot without getting destroyed in ranked matches. Gamertag is Dictator93. Also, I thought there was a way for combo pack owners to upgrade to ultra for $20 (I know that is not the case for season 1), is that not the case (the cheapest I can find is an upgrade for $23.99 on the store).

ironcreed

Banned

I have been tempted to dip in on the full version a few times. As it stands, I tried the free variant with rotating characters and loved it, despite sucking hard. I don't know, I might bite down the road when I have less to play.

Marvel

could never
I would be up for that especially to try out some characters like spinal that I have been meaning to play as but cannot without getting destroyed in ranked matches.

I bought him last night, and today I thought I'd just jump straight into ranked with him. Boy was it brutal lol.

I'm finding him insanely cool to look at but he is tricky for me. Still learning how to use his skulls and leach stuff.

lol max screwed up and posted a work in progress version of the riptor trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ErDGA_nG0

watch it side by side with gamespot version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ybg-uLKrCs

woops!

BTW, the ultratech logo looks like the UAC logo from the doom games.
UAC_lock_screen_by_slaymode.png

.la1n

I would be up for that especially to try out some characters like spinal that I have been meaning to play as but cannot without getting destroyed in ranked matches. Gamertag is Dictator93. Also, I thought there was a way for combo pack owners to upgrade to ultra for $20 (I know that is not the case for season 1), is that not the case (the cheapest I can find is an upgrade for $23.99 on the store).

You are looking at the correct upgrade, it is $23.99. There is a bit of "You should have bought Ultra to begin with tax."

Jarlaxle

I'd be down. I'm not great by any means. GT is Jarlaxle

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

I'm down. I'm on your list. I'll happily play exhibition matches. I'm not great but the game is damn fun.

I'm down for a beginner session. SF and tekken player but brand new to KI.

Been using glacius and sabrewolf as they feel better to me.

Would love to play some casual matches though to get a feel for the game.

.la1n

https://twitter.com/Kranged/status/544919627852042240
By 'early tomorrow', I mean start checking boxes after midnight. Not everyone will get sweet, sweet Riptor at the same time. #KISeason2

I would join you guys but I'm not a beginner.

Wish I could stay up to check it out but working early in the morning. Look forward to checking Riptor out when I get home. Hopefully the patch will be auto downloaded by then. I did see that new characters take priority during the download so Riptor should be playable early in the download process.

Top Bottom