• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

The Flash

Banned
o_O Oh my ...... me likey..... that leg was also pretty badass.... if they put a battletoad in this game I will completely LOSE MY SHIT.

I've been thinking about Battletoads lately. Maybe Iron Galaxy could translate their FG making skills to make a current gen beat 'em up. MS did renew the BT trademark recently and refused to comment on it. Same thing happened with KI. One can dream.

Sydle

I've been thinking about Battletoads lately. Maybe Iron Galaxy could translate their FG making skills to make a current gen beat 'em up. MS did renew the BT trademark recently and refused to comment on it. Same thing happened with KI. One can dream.

In a recent MS stream for KI Isgreen said he was a big fan of Battletoads. If it's happening I hope he's in charge of it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
After listening a couple times I get a big Mushroomhead vibe from it.

.la1n

Wish he would redo Riptor's theme. Only one that really suck.

I actually like parts of it but as a whole it just feels like background music in the typical "it's there but you don't really notice it" kind of way. I think time constraints were there and he did the best he could. Hopefully he can revisit it sometime in the future but if it's one thing I'm certain of its that revisiting already released assets is not something the team is keen on. Outside of needed bug squashing or balance issues.

Delt31

I actually like parts of it but as a whole it just feels like background music in the typical "it's there but you don't really notice it" kind of way. I think time constraints were there and he did the best he could. Hopefully he can revisit it sometime in the future but if it's one thing I'm certain of its that revisiting already released assets is not something the team is keen on. Outside of needed bug squashing or balance issues.

I partially agree. It's only still somewhat good b/c even one of Mick's weaker efforts is still good but it has no soul. It is not KI and it needs to be redone. Hopefully soon too. Mick can really knock it out of the park.

KePoW

Banned
Tried it, but it still boots me to the Store every time. I guess I'm in a tiny use-case, but I just wish I could permanently tell the game I don't want the first two KIs on my hard drive.

I get this too... in fact I thought that's how it was supposed to be, even though it's stupid.

Do others not get this?

I can't imagine too many people actually want to play these old games...

LTWheels

Klobb and Isgreen just need to be in charge of all revival projects

They have done a fantastic job with KI. I can't wait to see their vision for Phantom Dust.

With KI, the direction of Halo 5 and PH; MS are really going for the competive multiplayer audience. They have got Smite in beta as well haven't they.

CoCo_CoCo

Banned
Omen theme totally makes up for the Disappointing Riptor Theme.

I hope some more of the theme will be available on the stream today.

hwalker84

We only have what Two character left right? I hope Season 3 goes out with a bang. Kim Wu and Tusk a few new characters then 2-3 bonus characters.

Skab

We only have what Two character left right? I hope Season 3 goes out with a bang. Kim Wu and Tusk a few new characters then 2-3 bonus characters.

We have 4 left after Omen.

Broccoli Man (the ancient war golem)
Japanese Ghost Girl (the broken Naginata wielding Onryō)
Cinder
Aria

DrDogg

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/553298059405180928

Maybeitshappening.gif

I hope any potential guest character comes in addition to the regular seasons though. I don't want them to take up slots from new characters.

I have no problem with a Battletoad being in Season 3. I don't know if I'd want any other guest characters until Season 4 though.

Klobb and Isgreen just need to be in charge of all revival projects

I agree with this. I haven't enjoyed KI S2 as much as S1 due to the air breakers and other things that make it feel too much like DOA to me, but as a whole I'm really happy with the new KI.

dankir

See they're already late lol.

wait is the stream live for you guys? It's offline for me.

Okay the KI stream is off but the IG one is live. Very cool

Top Bottom