• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

vg260

A good compromise. Adds value to the most recent season, gives us some new things to toy around with in the game yet again, and maintains Shago's exclusive-ness for a longer period of time, while not taking anything away from new buyers.

I actually think one year of exclusivity is enough, but yeah, this is a good compromise.
It would be terrible to lock out content completely. I can't get over people wanting for him to remain forever exclusive to buying that live membership (or not wanting a PC version) for the sake of needing to justify their purchase somehow.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I actually think one year of exclusivity is enough, but yeah, this is a good compromise.
It would be terrible to lock out content completely. I can't get over people wanting for him to remain forever exclusive to buying that live membership (or not wanting a PC version) for the sake of needing to justify their purchase somehow.

It really bothers me too because it was just incentive... the price of the package was the same as all the others.

I saw someone on UC saying they were mad shago doesn't have his own moveset yet because they spent $60 on live when they normally bought live at $40...

So basically he's angry because he got stuff on sale and feels entitled to more despite it saying exclusivity ends february 13, 2014

All this is telling MS is these kind of incentives aren't worth the headache in the future... hell... even them releasing omen kind of proves it. He essentially is shadow jago...

Sydle

I don't like the name, but Omen's design (the tease) and moveset has me excited. Can't wait to see him in action.

BusterJol

Twitch.tv/ImRicoSuave

RicoSuave and PaulB are doing a first to 20 money match.
Its hype as all hell.
SPINAL versus Riptor currently.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Random question..

Anyone know how to stop the xbones in-game dvr from automatically recording clips each time I perform an Ultra combo or Ultimate in KI1 Classic? It's pretty annoying and unnecessary. I can't seem to find the option in KI1's menus, I don't want to disable the system's game dvr functions entirely.

big_z

if I buy the "Killer Instinct Complete Collection" does that automatically unlock everything (costumes/accessories/etc) or is there still more stuff to unlock/spend KIgold on?

im only interested in the xbox one killer instinct, not so much the arcade ports. would buying the complete collection be the best deal or can I spend $20 on both seasons and unlock all the content(sans arcade ports) in the complete collection through playing the game?

KePoW

Banned
Random question..

Anyone know how to stop the xbones in-game dvr from automatically recording clips each time I perform an Ultra combo or Ultimate in KI1 Classic? It's pretty annoying and unnecessary. I can't seem to find the option in KI1's menus, I don't want to disable the system's game dvr functions entirely.

Those are system wide for all games, not per game settings

Happens to me all the time in Forza Horizon 2

Slightly OT, but are they going to comment and or post about the PC port thread on their forums?

Seeing their analzsis of the idea or just even the results of that poll would be nice.

Doukou

Slightly OT, but are they going to comment and or post about the PC port thread on their forums?

Seeing their analzsis of the idea or just even the results of that poll would be nice.

Results would be shown on the 9th/10th
They haven't said anything about responding to the poll.

Sydle

Would be interesting if they did talk about this.

It seems to be a very sensitive subject judging by the thread. It amazes me how many people are more worried about Xbox One having an exclusive than being supportive of avenues for KI's growth. I could see IG/MS giving in to the pressure to keep it exclusive for now until the community relaxes a bit. Perhaps by the end of Season 3 the Xbox One will have enough exclusives that more people will be open to the idea.

Personally, I think KI should be treated as its own platform, where its accessible from many devices. Whatever the case, it's just a matter of time before MS goes all-in on cloud streaming and rendering all the console warrior stuff a moot point.

vg260

I think the poll is only worthwhile to gauge demand, and they would be wise to ignore anyone who doesn't want there to be a PC port, even if it's comparable in that poll. There's no real reason not to do one if there's enough demand and the resources are available. I can't imagine they would base a business decision on not wanting to hurt feelings when those players had a year or more head start.

It seems to be a very sensitive subject judging by the thread. It amazes me how many people are more worried about Xbox One having an exclusive than being supportive of avenues for KI's growth. I could see IG/MS giving in to the pressure to keep it exclusive for now until the community relaxes a bit. Perhaps by the end of Season 3 the Xbox One will have enough exclusives that more people will be open to the idea.

Personally, I think KI should be treated as its own platform, where its accessible from many devices. Whatever the case, it's just a matter of time before MS goes all-in on cloud streaming and rendering all the console warrior stuff a moot point.

That's how I feel in general, but with this generation and both consoles(I don't think NIntendo even care about third party) fighting on scraps of games like Tomb Raider and Street Fighter, it doesn't really surprise me. It should be available on as many platforms as possible but this generation of consoles won't allow for it. Only that it'll appear on PC.(Though this is another topic).

W.S.

Regarding a PC port, I'd rather they concentrate on filling out the roster, expanding the story, and doing the usual balancing that goes with that for the Xbox One version.

Plus there's the possible Season 3 additions (with hopefully Tusk and Kim Wu added) so once all that's done and the game feels more finalized as a whole then it would be a good idea to dedicate resources to putting out a PC version.

vg260

Regarding a PC port, I'd rather they concentrate on filling out the roster, expanding the story, and doing the usual balancing that goes with that for the Xbox One version.

Plus there's the possible Season 3 additions (with hopefully Tusk and Kim Wu added) so once all that's done and the game feels more finalized as a whole then it would be a good idea to dedicate resources to putting out a PC version.

Sure, but I wouldn't think that the people they would have porting existing content would necessarily be the same people or team creating new content. I don't think it would divert the people resources that would be doing that. There's probably a good way to use the down time from certain teams or bring more tech people on for porting without hampering new content creation. If they got more monetary resources from Microsoft specifically for porting, I don't think it would be as harmful to the content development as people might think.

I get the feeling that they already have a PC build though, just a matter of getting it with proper menus and stuff.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Man, is single player hard or am I just really bad? I can't even complete Jagos first story mode. :(
Its not you, single player even on just medium difficulty can be very challenging, especially if you're first learning the game. The AI in this game is very tough in general.

W.S.

Sure, but I wouldn't think that the people they would have porting existing content would necessarily be the same people or team creating new content. I don't think it would divert the people resources that would be doing that. There's probably a good way to use the down time from certain teams or bring more tech people on for porting without hampering new content creation. If they got more monetary resources from Microsoft specifically for porting, I don't think it would be as harmful to the content development as people might think.

I get the feeling that they already have a PC build though, just a matter of getting it with proper menus and stuff.
I suppose it all depends on what time frame is most convenient for Microsoft.

Post Season 2 (and after some patches) seems to make the most sense to me but it could also be possible that MS wants to wait for their Windows 10/DX12 releases for the purposes of promoting their PC cross compatibility.

Its not you, single player even on just medium difficulty can be very challenging, especially if you're first learning the game. The AI in this game is very tough in general.

I was just going to post about that. So i finished the first Jago story thing, i did that on easy. Now for the second one i have to do his story on Medium to complete it.

Holy crap is that shit ever so hard, i mean really? fuck me! lol I have done all the jago training, I have practiced until my thumbs hurt. Yet i barely managed to kill Orchid as the Pre last guy selection, for some reason the game always puts her before Fulgore. I friggin hate her jesus shes a royal pain in the ass. So i finaly managed to get to fulgore and forget that, i get slapped all over. i tried him 40 times, but only once i managed to get him to 2 inches of life left.

WTH am i doing wrong, i've done more than 3/4 of the training thing, after doing the training lessons i actualy went to train more vs the dummy in practice. yet all that and i get royaly owned on medium on the last 2 guys ... Should i cry or what? :( i've not tried the other characters yet haha, i am determined to finish Jago first then move to the other characters but holy balls!!! i don't know what more to do...

Man, Omen seems like he'll look pretty badass. Definitely enjoying the not so beefy look that'll be given.

I really can't wait to see the air movements. I was actually wondering what character would get that.

Should we expect something next week?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Man, Omen seems like he'll look pretty badass. Definitely enjoying the not so beefy look that'll be given.

I really can't wait to see the air movements. I was actually wondering what character would get that.

Should we expect something next week?

we see him on thursday or friday, no?

we get his trailer next week

So, next week we’ll live stream him in (near-release) action, then hit you with a trailer the week after, and his playable release will follow soon after the trailer is out.

MrMephistoX

Ok got it

I just wasn't sure if the CronusMax worked well or was reliable, it looked kinda complicated but I have no idea

It's reliable and works great but it's kind of a pain to set up initially and you have to plug a USB cord into the Xbox one gamepad every time you want to use it then plug in your stick. Fine for long sessions but if you're playing every day it's kind of a hassle.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Kraig Kujawa Tweets.

The Omen #killerinstinct stream is at 3pm CST Friday, hosted by @TheKeits and the horrible @JosephJBroni!

Think thats it for the info...

.la1n

Yeah that's all we were supposed to get, just the specific time for the stream and who would be present.

Top Bottom