• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Doukou

Fulgore buffs are nice.
Jagos buff might be a bit to good
Omen might be a very tough opponent. I think they should show his wings all the time. Also his color should change his effects
Also I think Aria is coming out the same time as Cinder based off the select screen. She also looks weird

Gestault

ibn1MU8GJRo3oh.gif

Doukou

no access to the stream right now, what are the Fulgore buffs mentioned so far?
Can manually charge one pip during instinct
His beams now gives a good bit of potential damage so you can do a level 4 ender if you get into a conbo after beam, gives same amount of potential damage off block also.
So e.g 35% off beam and after that get a short combo for 36% or more

Synth

So from this you could potentially do this at the beginning of your opponents 2nd health bar and basically Ultra anytime? They were using finishers and the match would end. But I don't see "Danger" above the health bar.

I doubt it would work with Ultras (god I hope not).

Doukou

So from this you could potentially do this at the beginning of your opponents 2nd health bar and basically Ultra anytime? They were using finishers and the match would end. But I don't see "Danger" above the health bar.
No because you can't ultra off potential damage. You could wait till they heal a bit but you would still have to do two combos.
1. To get rid of potential damage.
2. To lead into ultra.

El Sabroso

Can manually charge one pip during instinct
His beams now gives a good bit of potential damage so you can do a level 4 ender if you get into a conbo after beam, gives same amount of potential damage off block also.
So e.g 35% off beam and after that get a short combo for 36% or more

thanks for the info, that manual pip gain is interesting, doesn't actually sound that good but we will see

does not work, needs to at least do another ender that wall splats or an ender then a juggle to recapture and Ultra or something like that, another ender is needed before the Ultra

Doukou

Omen's mask is an accessory. Don't want it on? Take it off. Has arm and leg accessories as well. We just didn't show 'em. #KISeason2

From Isgreen's twitter

Those sly mother...
Didn't want to show us face so they hide it and didn't have character select icon either.
Fooled us good.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Omen's mask is an accessory. Don't want it on? Take it off. Has arm and leg accessories as well. We just didn't show 'em. #KISeason2

From Isgreen's twitter

Those sly mother...
Didn't want to show us face so they hide it and didn't have character select icon either.
Fooled us good.

his face animation may not be done or be all sorts of messed up

From Isgreen's twitter

Those sly mother..
Fooled us good.

Nice, so we'll be having arm and leg accessories. I can't wait to see those on Omen. I still want to see the colors on him as well.

.la1n

Initial knee jerk reaction: aesthetically I would have preferred Shadow Jago with the new move set. Not feeling Omen. Game play wise he looks like a lot of fun but probably not a character I would personally see myself putting much time into. I do, however, really like the changes to Fulgore ;)

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I like Omens body
I like Omens moves
I like Omens sounds
I HATE Omens face
I Hate Omens weird gimpy hand animation thing. What the fuck is that?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Initial knee jerk reaction: aesthetically I would have preferred Shadow Jago with the new move set. Not feeling Omen. Game play wise he looks like a lot of fun but probably not a character I would personally see myself putting much time into. I do, however, really like the changes to Fulgore ;)
This basically sums up my feelings so far, they did say Shadow Jago could be fully fleshed out in Season 3.

I'm very curious to see Omens actual face, I would have preferred they wait a week or whatever and show his face and finished animations.

This basically sums up my feelings so far, they did say Shadow Jago could be fully fleshed out in Season 3.

I'm very curious to see Omens actual face, I would have preferred they wait a week or whatever and show his face and finished animations.

Yeah same. I just finished watching the stream.
I'm not too sure on the idea of gaining Instinct Meter doing Jagos Around The World. But having that level of Fulgore control back is most weclome. I honestly prefer the only way of Fulgore than the bar filling up.
I know there's more to look forward too like Glacius moving in during Puddle.

vg260

Kinda indifferent on Omen, but that's ok since it's a bonus character. Hopefully, this did give them the breather they needed. I just hope he doesn't throw off the balance in any way.

Delt31

God - IG had S2 on a ROLL (and I mean ROLL) and then I saw the stream of OMEN and wow - he just screams rush job. Honestly, I appreciate the guys taking time and making new characters look great, play great but with OMEN, you have this blue object with a terrible jago mask performing these random moves, some potentially abusive, and I just don't understand why. By saying "bonus" character it doesn't justify the character being ______. For anyone to look at the characters design and say wow, they really nailed it, would be a miracle. The character itself is SUCH A MISSED OPP to make someone really cool. Shame too.

What could save this potentially? Mick's music. Mick - you are awesome, save IG with your music.

.la1n

The good news is that the goofy mask is an accessory item, not the default look for the character. I think having the wings be visible on the character at all times could have helped elevate it above energy body clone character. Not sure why they chose to have them only come out during certain moves and when jumping.

It's a bonus character, I'm fine with it at the end of the day. It's content that I am receiving that I didn't pay for. If this gives the team more time to make the last four as awesome as possible I am all for it.

MagnesD3

Omens gameplay looks super unique and awesome, even if his looks are mediocre. Hopefully they will make him have wings at all times in the final build..

.la1n

Omens gameplay looks super unique and awesome, even if his looks are mediocre. Hopefully they will make him have wings at all times in the final build..

We do know his shadow cancel movement will be transparent in the final build but they didn't comment on the wings. I am also interested in seeing what he looks like without any accessories because I didn't care for the mask at all. Hoping his face is similar to Dormammu.

edit: KI KiT Top 8 going now:
http://www.twitch.tv/ultraarcade

Heatshade

Neo Member
If the lower silhouette in the middle is Aria then I think they gave her a cape or a special neckpiece kinda like Megamind.
Max his toughts were funny tho, thinking that it looks like Stewie Griffin.
This image might be pretty close too. (Sorry for the size)

lady_megamind__sex_change__by_vasylina-d8bj57k.jpg

Doukou

If the lower silhouette in the middle is Aria then I think they gave her a cape or a special neckpiece kinda like Megamind.
Max his toughts were funny tho, thinking that it looks like Stewie Griffin.
This image might be pretty close too. (Sorry for the size)

lady_megamind__sex_change__by_vasylina-d8bj57k.jpg

Oh come on, Megamind rule 63 exists...
Nice art though

Anyways I'm thinking it will be energy flowing out of her head which gives that shadow. Though I can also see this as an option.

.la1n

Adam Isgreen tweeted that they are intentionally misleading us with the silhouettes so I wouldn't read too much into them.

Yeah, considering how early we saw that Aria silhouette (which I believe was during the S1 story mode), I wouldn't be surprised if it's almost completely placeholder.

Silky

Banned
So what are the tiers looking like right now?

If I had to eyeball it right now (from High > Low)

A

Wulf, Sadira, Maya

B

Jago, Combo, Glacius, Orchid, Thunder

C

Fulgore, Spinal

???

Riptor, Kan-Ra.

Riptor because she's still an early character and Kan-Ra is the Amane of KI.

KI has like five or six 'well-rounded/versatile characters' in Jago, Wulf, Riptor, Combo, and even Glacius believe it or not.

I was honestly thinking Sadira would be B because of her overdependence on air-gamebut really she's damn good on the ground too.

Fulgore and Spinal are low because of their overdependence on getting Meter/Skulls, but Spinal imo has a lot more options in regards to normals/specials in comparison to Fulgore.

Doukou

So what are the tiers looking like right now?

A+
Spinal
A
Jago, Wulf, Riptor, Orchid
B
Combo, Maya, Kan-Ra, Glacius
C
Thunder, Sadira, Fulgore

I think Fulgore will jump to Bafter buffs.
Maya and Combo used to be top tier but after nerfs, eh same with Sadira. Thunder has a lot of bad match ups. Fulgore's weakness is a lack of shadow bar. I think Kan-Ra is a solid B, not to good or too bad. Riptor has a lot of options as a rush down even if she lacks Wulfs speed.

I think, contrary to everyone else, that Omen will be bottom tier

Doukou

Spinal top tier?
I think the only MU that I wouldn't put in Spinal's favor is Wulf and maybe Sadira. I'm no FGC player so I cant go into detail but Spinal once he has his skulls just dominates. The fact that he can get them with his instinct kinda makes the difficulty of getting them a bit void compare to Fulgores shadow. Actually I would move Fulgore to C,

Top Bottom