• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

.la1n

The most important part of this update is the ability to disable the right analog stick, can't tell you how many times that has gotten me unwanted shadow moves.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Is it just me or do people look for any reason to criticize KI? Like in that MK thread saying KI looks like shit...what? MK does look a bit better than KI but it should. Bigger budget, bigger team, more experience and much more TIME. Not to mention KI's visuals will probably be upgraded at least one more time before the game is done on xbone. Haters gonna hate I guess..

Can't we all just get along? BibleThump

Synth

Is it just me or do people look for any reason to criticize KI? Like in that MK thread saying KI looks like shit...what? MK does look a bit better than KI but it should. Bigger budget, bigger team, more experience and much more TIME. Not to mention KI's visuals will probably be upgraded at least one more time before the game is done on xbone. Haters gonna hate I guess..

A) Yeah, they do... partially because it's an exclusive.

B) The OP of that thread certainly didn't help the situation by making the comparison in the first place and claiming that KI was a "true next gen game" by comparison. It's like one of those "Nintendo is sooo good at XYZ! Why is everyone else so crap?" threads, where the OP is then surprised when people focus on the negatives aspects of Nintendo compared to the competition. You're basically asking for it.

tapedeck

A) Yeah, they do... partially because it's an exclusive.

B) The OP of that thread certainly didn't help the situation by making the comparison in the first place and claiming that KI was a "true next gen game" by comparison. It's like one of those "Nintendo is sooo good at XYZ! Why is everyone else so crap?" threads, where the OP is then surprised when people focus on the negatives aspects of Nintendo compared to the competition. You're basically asking for it.
Yeah the content of the OP's post was a bit over the top so some backlash is expected. I think the Evo KI announcement backlash is still fresh in my mind too, people really have a hard-on for this game, that xbone hate.

Yes they do.

Pretty sure someone in the Omen thread said that all the music in Killer Instinct sounded the same, and was bad. I don't even know how you come to that conclusion, unless you've never played the game lol. I've never really payed attention to the FGC until KI but it seems like most of the people involved in the community hate anything that isn't developed Capcom. (I might be wrong, but it's all I ever see)

Graphics wise, MKX does look better...but it should. It's being created by an experienced team, has a much bigger budget, and a lot more dev time. That being said, I still think Killer Instinct looks pretty damn good. People saying it looks similar to the 360 build are insane.

Synth

I've never really payed attention to the FGC until KI but it seems like most of the people involved in the community hate anything that isn't developed Capcom. (I might be wrong, but it's all I ever see)

I wouldn't go as far as to say "most", but there's a surprisingly large segment of the community that this actually does describe accurately. Many of them even believe fighters in general were "dead" during the entire period between SF3 and SF4, and for a good number of them SF4 is probably their FFVII.

jbug617

Banned
Textual Stream is up
http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=6426.0

Golem's move is:
We built a character around the phrase "stuck between a rock and a hard place".

The golem does something no other fighting game character has ever done, and that's change the boundaries of the board by creating walls behind himself or behind the opponent. These walls are considered the new stage boundaries, so you're not teleporting past them, but you can jump off them and use them just like a "real" wall. More detail on all the nuances of them and the rest of his repertoire as we roll into February

MK is better from a technical perspective, but KI actually LOOKS better IMO. Especially the character design. MKX is definitely better than Injustice, MK9 and MKvsDC in that aspect, but NRS still hasn't come close to mastering faces yet.

"I have at least 3 other characters besides Kim and Tusk that I'm thinking on for possible inclusion in (a possible) S3, one of which is a sibling to an S2 character…"

Interesting.

I wonder who that character is..

I assume Riptor/ARIA is out on that.

Edit: Along with Omen/'Golem'

Doukou

"I have at least 3 other characters besides Kim and Tusk that I'm thinking on for possible inclusion in (a possible) S3, one of which is a sibling to an S2 character…"

Interesting.

I wonder who that character is..

I assume Riptor/ARIA is out on that.

ARIA is my guess actually. My post from Ultra combo

I'm going to guess A.R.I.A has a sibling who got 'infected' by Gargos and she sought to find a cure for him/her by resorting to advanced technologies.

I think it helps lead into Season 3's story well and connect Ultra tech to Gargos.

ARIA is my guess actually. My post from Ultra combo

I'm going to guess A.R.I.A has a sibling who got 'infected' by Gargos and she sought to find a cure for him/her by resorting to advanced technologies.

I think it helps lead into Season 3's story well and connect Ultra tech to Gargos.

I thought she was an AI character though. :V

Guys, you missed this part at the end

already :)

Oh nice! Next week needs to come by already! :)

dankir

Pretty sure Adam already said first textual stream of February would have full concept art for Golem, his name, and backstory. I wouldn't expect a stream but it'd be a nice surprise.

I think next week we'll just get a full image, name and some additional balance details.

Trailer 3rd week of Feb!

tapedeck

Being able to conjure your own boarders all over a stage is crazy, the gameplay implications are blowing my mind right now.

It goes to character levels and player level.
Does not affect rank playlist ranks

Do either of those affect unlocks? Should've clarified I only care about more gear for my characters. Wondering if the double xp weekend will help me with that.

As for Golem's wall thing being original, I think Squigly in Skullgirls can move the level around with a move but it might be different with the Golem.

Doukou

Do either of those affect unlocks? Should've clarified I only care about more gear for my characters. Wondering if the double xp weekend will help me with that.

As for Golem's wall thing being original, I think Squigly in Skullgirls can move the level around with a move but it might be different with the Golem.

Unlocks are based off character levels it goes to 30 currently.
e.g. Level 21 unlocks color 5 while level 25 unlocks A new kneepad

Player level unlocks some stuff, nothing stand-out cept themes for practice
It goes to 50 currently

That's who I was thinking about! Yeah, she can create invisi-walls.

I was trying so hard to figure out the character or game for the longest time, haha.

Ont

I think I will dedicate this weekend to Killer Instinct and Crusader Kings 2.

And we are getting Golem reveal next week? I am starting to feel spoiled now.

vg260

So when is he available for download?

They said everyone by 8am PT

I imagine the character levels are still locked at 30 after the patch, which kinda stinks if they're going to be raised soon, and they have double XP this weekend.

The only character I don't have to 30 is Riptor, (level 20) and if they're raising the cap for more colors, I'd rather take advantage of the double XP when I can. I've just been grinding mindlessly in vs while watching a bunch of TV series I've been wanting to watch. Thank god for the snap feature, because I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. It's insane how much time it took to unlock everything. It's really absurd, but I'm stubborn.

had to chance to climb up to rank 12, was against a kan-ra as sadira and we duked it into the final round: once he got a life lead he just zoned me out completely with dust balls everywhere. What tools could sadira use against that? he was putting them back up as fast as I was negating them with air knives...

It was a great match and I'm not salty; I'm just really curious if there was anything sadira can do against such zoning: glacius was a lot more sluggish in movement so fighting him wasn't as difficult.

Doukou

¡HarlequinPanic!;149824559 said:
had to chance to climb up to rank 12, was against a kan-ra as sadira and we duked it into the final round: once he got a life lead he just zoned me out completely with dust balls everywhere. What tools could sadira use against that? he was putting them back up as fast as I was negating them with air knives...

It was a great match and I'm not salty; I'm just really curious if there was anything sadira can do against such zoning: glacius was a lot more sluggish in movement so fighting him wasn't as difficult.

I Don't play Sadira but here's a topic I found on it
http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=4537.0

Is there any chance other characters could be added to the dojos? I learned so much about Jago's combos from doing those that I would have never figured out on my own. I'm sure there's just as much about Sabrewulf that I don't know. I'd even be willing to pay for that..

Is there any chance other characters could be added to the dojos? I learned so much about Jago's combos from doing those that I would have never figured out on my own. I'm sure there's just as much about Sabrewulf that I don't know. I'd even be willing to pay for that..

Yea I believe it's coming at the end of this season (for all the characters)

Top Bottom