• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I am impressed, Aganos and his stage look fantastic cant wait. Just the kick in the nuts this game needs right now too.

Oh and we're finally getting colors 7-9, woot.

dankir

So from reading the textual stream, he'll be able pick up rocks and shit from the stage and add to his repetior during the match.
Affects his speed and mobility as a result which is very cool

What really stood out is that he doesn't have auto doubles, he has two hit strikes, so probably really slow and really easy to break maybe?

I really want to see the stream next week!

You’re taking out the Mike announcer?!
No, no, no. It’s just we don’t have access to Mike any longer, so new lines have to be filled in with a sound-alike. If we add more than a certain percentage of new lines, we end up with a non-cohesive announcer, and that’s when we have to think about what we do in regards to the voice overall.

:(

dankir

You’re taking out the Mike announcer?!
No, no, no. It’s just we don’t have access to Mike any longer, so new lines have to be filled in with a sound-alike. If we add more than a certain percentage of new lines, we end up with a non-cohesive announcer, and that’s when we have to think about what we do in regards to the voice overall.

:(

Mikes with Double Helix right?

Skab

Whoa wait, when did we learn this about Cinder?

Q: So, knowing that Cinder is now just a damned LIVING SUPERNOVA in some kind of containment suit with a mask, how many different designs did he go through until you landed at that?

A: Many! More than any other character this season. Some day after S2 is all out and done, I’ll share one of his alternate backstories / origins.

.la1n

So if Aganos has a stage ultra that means we should end up with five total this season since Adam confirmed Aria and Cinder have them as well, neat. I cannot wait to see how Aganos looks in motion because I can't wrap my head around how they managed to get something that massive into KI.

I think they are just making assumptions based on the limited information given during last week's textual stream when Adam was discussing Cinder's allegiances.

What's the best bundle to buy for this game? Keep in mind I only have the free version

depends on how much you like KI lol.

$20 version is best for someone who just wants the characters

$40 version is best for someone who wants original arcade game, and all customization options

^I wish they had a pack after you bought the season passes that was just all the customization options.

I think so

I think you can upgrade to ultra for $20 now, but I'm not sure. (That would net you all customization and Classic arcade games)

Mike is with Double Helix

Skab

Stage art + https://vine.co/v/OD2qvBEUQHD makes me really excited about his stage overall.

I think they are just making assumptions based on the limited information given during last week's textual stream when Adam was discussing Cinder's allegiances.

Ahh yeah, you're probably right. I missed that in last week.

I wonder if Aganos classic costume will be based on what his original form was. I would love to see that.

They actually say in the textual stream that it's exactly that.

Stage preview with a Stage Ultra!!

agan0s_stage.jpg

That stage is beautiful. :) I can't wait to see it in-game. Also wondering what the stage ultra will be?

Aganos is fuckin' huge! Bigger than I anticipated. He's going to very very interesting, for sure. I'm excited for his retro as well, going to the way he originally looked before replacing his body.

Riptor has purple blood! We did it. guys!

Colors 7-9 are releasing with Aganos. :D Can't wait to see all those special colors!

GTSweet

Neo Member
Loving what Iron Galaxy is doing.

I think when the new rankings/tournaments and season 2 story mode are out this will be a great, complete game finally. HYPE!

Doukou

Great stream and lots of good stuff, though level 50 is overkill. Already feels MMO-like trying to get lvl 30 with all.
I wonder how Golem is going to work, also accessories changing with colors is glorious.

Great stream and lots of good stuff, though level 50 is overkill. Already feels MMO-like trying to get lvl 30 with all.
I wonder how Golem is going to work, also accessories changing with colors is glorious.

Well you can always buy KI Gold to buy the skins!

:/

Doukou

Well you can always buy KI Gold to buy the skins!

:/

Not color 9 lol.
29-30 already takes me like a hour.
30-31 will take longer probably :(

We learned he had a mask. I distinctly remember Isgreen saying something about him being able to make himself a mask. I imagine it is done to give him a face that resembles KI 1

Love the stage concept for Aganos. Might end up being my favorite stage in the game going by the concept and Mick's teases.

Still not a fan of the face/mask though but otherwise he looks pretty damn incredible. Just have to hold out for some good accessories.

Glad they're sticking with the same schedule as last month too. Excited for the stream next week.

Heatshade

Neo Member

My toughts exactly, if only they waited till the end of season 2 to upgrade the character level.
As you said it already is dang hard to get to level 30 with everyone, and I wouldve been more content if they added more player lvl like from max. 50 to max 70. or something.
Im getting lots of player EXP which just goes to waste because im maxed out. :/
Aside from that it seems like a pretty cool stage!! I wonder if the stage ultra will throw them under a falling rock or statue or something.

Doukou

Just saw a couple of vids of Omen..109% combo?

He has a move that gives 100% potential damage(the white damage that requires an ender).
Strategy
It's really hard to hit the move, most set-ups are just going to be people hitting you and then trying for grab off blockstun, pretty easy to jump or hit Omen and stop the animation. They can only do it when hen has 3 bars. If you somehow do get hit just hide and wait for the ball to fill up, it fills exponentially, Omen can't give pressure,

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Aganos, eh? Nice name. Already having fun at imagining how our announcers will say it.

First off... THAT SIZE! WOHOO! It seems like 3D fighters never really try to have vastly large characters, unless it's a holdover from 2D (Such as with Sentinel in MvC3). I always find this pretty depressing, because we had character like Earthquake walking around in Samurai Shodown in the "early" days of fighters. And now everything is pretty much human-sized, or just slightly bigger.

KI S2 really is finding it's place at bringing in a lot of things the fighter world has mostly given up on for "serious" games (Things like the Naruto Games and Smash dabble in these ideas, but they're not traditional 1 on 1 affairs) back into a traditional fighter. I can really appreciate this! This is really helping the game achieve a unique identity.

His stage looks pretty nice so far too, like a land-level version of Maya's to a degree. I quite like the use of water in the BG's of this season. And it's great to hear it'll have a stage Ultra. My first thought is that something will emerge from that left-most door.

The thought that he takes pieces from the environment in order to add back to himself sounds nice. Will this be stage specific? Would be a nice way to toss in a bunch of stupid easter eggs.

I want to see his walls and such in action, before I even think about commenting on his gameplay. Sounds ambitious, and a great way to cause issues!

The costume mods for future colors and old accessories are quite cool. That'll really help customizations stuck out as something more original, I'm glad.

As far as how Aganos will react to throws and such... I actually hope something happens like the enemy throws his "core" components, and his limbs and such only reform when he's not getting tossed around. Or maybe they could even go the VF5 way like with Taka Arashi, and just make characters throws different when dealing with him? I kinda doubt this will happen, but I'd love to see it.

So far, I'm impressed. He's more imposing than I'd figure they'd be willing to go for. Really looking forward to next week's stream! Gotta see how he moves and animates in combat (Omen trailer was a nice tease.)

The game that keeps on giving.

stn

Any word on a possible Season 2 Ultra deal? Also, I'm still hoping we get Shadow Jago. That empty character slot just sucks.

W.S.

Any word on a possible Season 2 Ultra deal? Also, I'm still hoping we get Shadow Jago. That empty character slot just sucks.

Yeah I'm still a bit salty about that, I hope they work something out on this by either adding Shadow Jago to regular Jagos alternate costumes or giving that model the Akuma treatment.

Seems like they didn't really expect there to be a great demand for Shadow Jago so that + still having to finish out the season could be why they haven't made that a priority. Still, would love to see that whole thing addressed including that weird empty character slot space.

I heard they were going to just replace it with the KI logo at some point though

Top Bottom