• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

I absolutely love the way the Golem looks! He's so monstrous! I can't wait to see what he plays like. :)

Also.. Gargos' theme mixed in.. sogood.gif

.la1n

Strange that the Combo pack owners won't get him until February, I figured they'd just release for both at the same time in this case since release was delayed. The addition of Gargos' theme was a nice touch. Omen looks better now than he did during the initial unveiling, nice to see they took feedback. Not sure what my opinion is on the Golem character until I see more.

Doukou

Who knows the status of his moveset or stage... considering it didn't show up for the tease :p

Fair point, I want to be hopeful. Riptor looked really behind yet she came out pretty quick.

Also my next point
Mid Oct, season 2 release
Late Nov, Kan-Ra
Mid Dec, Riptor
Late Jan, Omen

You can't diminish my hope.

Pretty badass trailer. Music is especially awesome.

Golem looks great too, except the face/mask thing. It just looks off to me. I guess I was expecting something similar to Shale from Dragon Age.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Im pretty meh on Omen still, but GOT DAM the Golem looks awesome as fuck. Dem faces.

Golem looks great too, except the face/mask thing. It just looks off to me. I guess I was expecting something similar to Shale from Dragon Age.
Heh the Golems face is my favorite part of his look, opinions man.

Doukou

What I like about the mask is that is uses the classical greek masks for comedy and drama and shows the golem is greek in a cool way.

Anyone notice it says 2014 for combo breakers? Crunch time indeed.

dankir

So wait the two faces are golem's face or was it hidden in the trailer? Cuz in the s2 reveal video he has two eyes.

I5yKh4yl.jpg

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Are Golem's Mask actually his face? Could imagine that just being a detail on his body.

I like the dynamic multi-faceted construct feel he has. Part rock, part a suit of armor,part flora... Good to see the green color theme remains with him.

Do you think this is an image of him standing at full height, after he blast Orchid through the wall he summoned?

Pretty nice they snuck in some of Gargos' theme for the new music of Omen. Make this "bonus" character seem more and more worth it, eh? All the voice work in these recent trailers hopefully spells good things for our upcoming story mode.

tapedeck

Are Golem's Mask actually his face? Could imagine that just being a detail on his body.

I like the dynamic multi-faceted construct feel he has. Part rock, part a suit of armor,part flora... Good to see the green color theme remains with him.

Do you think this is an image of him standing at full height, after he blast Orchid through the wall he summoned?

Pretty nice they snuck in some of Gargos' theme for the new music of Omen. Make this "bonus" character seem more and more worth it, eh? All the voice work in these recent trailers hopefully spells good things for our upcoming story mode.

Couple stills from the trailer..it certainly appears the mask is his 'face'.
http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=6263.0

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Couple stills from the trailer..it certainly appears the mask is his 'face'.
http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=6263.0

Actually even better! In another post there, Adam confirms he has 3 faces.

It's always cool when non-human creatures have some details that couldn't exist in a normal creature. I wonder if he'll use those faces as part of a gimmick, or if it'll just end up as a cool detail?

It'd also be nice if he's like Spinal, in that his collapsing animation is more of a "breaking apart" rather than a simple fall on the ground.

UC has an obsession with 'stance' characters.

Anyway, I really do love the mask on the golem, the fact that it has three faces is awesome. It's height is what has me the most intrigued. I need to know it's height!

Doukou

UC has obsession with 'stance' characters.

Anyway, I really do love the mask on the golem, the fact that it has three faces is awesome. It's height is what has me the most intrigued. I need to know it's height!
Edit didn't know that site was banned,
http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=6263.msg115133;boardseen#new
People on Ultra-Combo doing work.

Also I don't think it is a stance character. Isgreen said Golem was one of the simpler character.

Sponge

Banned
Was there any reason why the classic Glacious costume was in the trailer? That struck me as odd when I first watched this.

CoCo_CoCo

Banned
Weak trailer for me, wanted more death Metal theme focus, I was more hyped for that mini instagram theme.

Still not a fan of omen's design or playstyle, but his theme is wicked.

Broccoli looks less Rocky and Broccoli-ish than most expected, looks a bit like a jade statue and I kinda want his two faces to be like sad face happy face scene in plays, but I'm dissapointed this character has a mask after Omen who alsohas a mask, give them a real face.

tapedeck

I can't help but wish IG would have just went all in on Shadow Jago, keeping his current look and just filling out his moveset with the boss moves and maybe some stuff they gave Omen. Maybe he would have been completely OP though, who knows.

GTSweet

Neo Member
I can't help but wish IG would have just went all in on Shadow Jago, keeping his current look and just filling out his moveset with the boss moves and maybe some stuff they gave Omen. Maybe he would have been completely OP though, who knows.

Agreed. Shadow Jago still feels half-finished.

I like how Omen is coming along though and the thought of getting to full 18 fighter roster(17.5?) by summer is pretty sick.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Having watched the FFVII stream it seems like they have changed Aria's silhouette on the character select screen again since the last time they showed Omen.
Dem placeholders are trolling us lol.

Edit didn't know that site was banned,
http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=6263.msg115133;boardseen#new
People on Ultra-Combo doing work.

Also I don't think it is a stance character. Isgreen said Golem was one of the simpler character.

It still doesn't fill up my needs! I need to see him in gameplay. (〒︿〒)

I don't see a stance type of character until Season 3.

Was there any reason why the classic Glacius costume was in the trailer? That struck me as odd when I first watched this.

I actually didn't notice it, till reading this. Lol. I was too into the theme. :p

OOOOOOOOOOhhhh his Ultra is sick!!

I need to see it! I wonder if I can find a video.

One day tapedeck, one day.

Doukou

Straight to the point, from the stream last night: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3_IdpcFqIk

Ultra within 2 matches of VS Kan Ra fights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLwhT7tl34

Does he keep his shadow properties during his entire Ultra? That's actually cool. I wish there was a point during the Hyakuretskyaku that he full-on cloned himself and attacked from both sides, but this isn't bad at all for a bonus.

Thanks, it seems like he does get shadow move effects around him. Your idea sounds great.

Top Bottom