• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yea I believe it's coming at the end of this season (for all the characters)

I have a feeling it's going to end up being character specific training and not a full blown repeat of jago end to end

I don't think the devs realize how good the dojo was for understanding defense vs jago.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Omen is pretty interesting to play; I keep wanting to hear the Darkstalkers Whispy Ghost Sound whenever he air dashes. There are good fireball setups and such to get into his Raging Omen, it'll surely take time to get used to. He needs that extra shadow meter, as he really lacks in damage without such.

Another nice thing I noticed is that TJ's Arms now change color with his retro costume's color choices. Nice to see them perfecting things like this.

Bad part is that I've noticed Framerate issues when fighting Maya VS TJ on Shadow Ja- OMEN's Stage. I recorded that to upload studio. Anyone else notice any?

On to the future, I look forward to seeing what they have to show us of Golem next week. That Earth Beetle guy from Rivals of Aether ALSO has a move that rises a big column up to control screen space, I guess Golem's will be even more different than that?

¡HarlequinPanic!;149824559 said:
had to chance to climb up to rank 12, was against a kan-ra as sadira and we duked it into the final round: once he got a life lead he just zoned me out completely with dust balls everywhere. What tools could sadira use against that? he was putting them back up as fast as I was negating them with air knives...

It was a great match and I'm not salty; I'm just really curious if there was anything sadira can do against such zoning: glacius was a lot more sluggish in movement so fighting him wasn't as difficult.

Just as a note from a Kan-Ra Player, his dust balls die to EVERYTHING, not just projectiles. So if you do a move that attacks while moving you forward, ground-summoned Dust will be destroyed.

You don't need to respect his projectile game nearly as much as you'd first believe. And even the time it takes him to cast a swarm in the air still gives you time to get in, and hit him.

dankir

Goodness gracious I can't believe how little damage Omen does compared to the other characters. I was playing a surprising amount of Thunders online and two combos I'm done against them while it takes at least 5 or 6 to finish and opponents bar.

Thank god there's no win 20 ranked matches with him.

Aw. I had Omen unlocked and got him to level 8 and stopped. Then the double EXP started and I wanted to go get more of his stuff and then he was locked. I guess it was a cool glitch that he unlocked early for me for a while, since I only have the normal combo breaker add ons.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm not feelin Omen at all TBH, he definitely has potential for crazy stuff but his damage is so low and im not really having fun with his moveset...I probably just suck.

As was mentioned earlier TJ's Classic looks much better now that his metel arms/cloth match the color picked, color 2 especially looks awesome. Also it's probably my imagination but TJ's model looks beefier to me somehow, like more proportional or something, I'm sure I need my eyes checked.

I feel pretty comfortable saying Omen is far and away the worst member of the roster.

Outside of being able to generate a ridiculous amount of shadow meter he doesn't really have much else at his disposal. If his damage was higher then MAYBE he'd be worth using but as it stands I'm not even going to bother with him.

tapedeck

I feel pretty comfortable saying Omen is far and away the worst member of the roster.

Outside of being able to generate a ridiculous amount of shadow meter he doesn't really have much else at his disposal. If his damage was higher then MAYBE he'd be worth using but as it stands I'm not even going to bother with him.
Yeah, as stupid as it sounds to judge a character after a few hours...I totally agree. He feels completely rock-bottom tier.

.la1n

I was so busy playing Omen I completely forgot that Kan-Ra and another set of accessories and Maya got her retro stuff. I actually like Maya's short hair in the retro outfit, though it seems I am in the minority on that one.

I like Omen, he is a lot of fun to play. Not sure I'll play him long term but a worthy addition to the cast and I think his aesthetics in the end turned out pretty great. Only complaint I have is his win pose for doing stage Ultras isn't very good and the laugh doesn't even play on TJ's stage.

Jarlaxle

Hey guys. It's gonna be drunken KI night at my house so if anyone wants to play some games, send me an invite. I'm not great by any means. GT is Jarlaxle.

tapedeck

CStyles45 is streaming and has a prize pot of over $700 going to anyone who can beat his Kan-Ra with Omen in a best of 3, it's still growing from tons of chat donations...pretty fucking awesome of him and the community.

DopeyFish

CStyles45 is streaming and has a prize pot of over $700 going to anyone who can beat his Kan-Ra with Omen in a best of 3, it's still growing from tons of chat donations...pretty fucking awesome of him and the community.

i was watching before i left for work

HOW IS THIS STILL GOING LOL

i saw rebelo subscribed... probably just to compete

he's the one person i've seen make cstyles essentially rage quit... so this may get interesting quick

tapedeck

i was watching before i left for work

HOW IS THIS STILL GOING LOL

i saw rebelo subscribed... probably just to compete

he's the one person i've seen make cstyles essentially rage quit... so this may get interesting quick
Lol, yeah I was watching earlier it was at ~$150, then I went to level up some characters, when I loaded up twitch again it was $700. Cray.

Edit: Rebelo just lost 3-0.

God damn TJ Combo is so fun to play. I know he's old news by now but I really do love what IG did with him.

Every since season 2 started I've been having trouble really finding a main but I think for now I'll make it TJ.

Ont

When Omen was first revealed my initial reaction was mainly negative. But surprisingly his playing style really fits me and he is now my favourite season 2 character to play as. I just wish he would have more accessories and some character backgrounds.

Omen is ok. I really just wanna be done and unlock Color 6. Color 2 looks like gas... at least the achievements were easy.
Really seems like he's gonna be changed drastically over time or something.

DopeyFish

They need to remove the random aspect or at least improve the result of his fireball game imo

Just feels like a character i never want to touch

Omen is fun. Also KI is the most unique fighting game I ever played. It's perhaps the first fighting game where I can say every character can blow you up.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It was so disappointing to see some of the things the players were doing with Omen on CStyles stream last night, lol. He REALLY needs to take advantage of lockouts to land shadow linkers.

I find this funny, because normally I feel like players abuse dual-shadow linkers MUCH more than I do (a bad habit of mine), but with Omen, I feel like Triple Shadow Linkers are a big deal thing for his game, but you don't see them attempted often.

Comboing out of his throw in corners also seems insanely significant. It nets him REAL DAMAGE, which is fleeting otherwise.

I actually don't find his random fireball nature to be a hassle at all, either. There's a high percent chance that SOMETHING useful will be launched, and he has very few actual "Dud" patterns.

He's one of the furthest designs from the Akuma-like "Glass Cannon" that can be seen in a game, which is pretty interesting when you think of it. He's more like a Swarm of Mosquitos or something. Very annoying, and maybe even lethal if one of them is carrying something potent within.

B8z4IdJIMAAA3uo.jpg:large

Help

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Should be today, as last one was last Thurs. Textual stream with descriptions and full concept art is what was promised.

Aganos, eh?

He is positively gigantic, and I'm in love. The details on his moves are a little slim, but I like the concept: a Golem that uses parts of his own body to create walls, projectiles and super-armor. Now all I need is a command throw, and we're platinum, baby. Until then, we're golden!

I really look forward to the Aganos stream next week!

vg260

Like the character, and the stage looks great, but I'm just fed up with all this XP level grinding stuff to get extra character colors. It was taking me about an hour to go up one level after hitting level 20. So you gotta go 20 more levels to get color 9? Jeez.
Colors 7-8 better be on the lower end after level 30.

Top Bottom