• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Adam said on the KI forums it's out of his hands now.

its out of his hands as in they're waiting for someone to flip the switch so we can watch, or out of his hands as in they're not done editing and there's nothing he can do?

edit: saw the post, looks like IGN or Gamespot probably has an "exclusive reveal" type thing.

sigh

.la1n

Gamespot probably, they had Riptor as well. The sooner media outlets like that go away the better it will be. It's more effective to just upload to YouTube and let word of mouth carry it, that's the times we live in.

Sponge

Banned
2074yu4sw2.gif

Pretty much me right now.

Any tips for a newcomer to KI? Been playing for a little while now and only managed 1 ultra combo with orchid.

When I was first starting out I spent almost all my time in practice mode and doing versus matches against Noob level CPUs. As I did that I was able to complete more and more of the training exercises.

Eventually, after a lot of practice, I went into exhibition matches and from there it's just learning and practicing. I used to think getting rank 5 in Ranked would be a huge accomplishment for me. Now I'm rank 20.

So yeah, in my opinion, just spend a lot of time in practice mode and against easy level CPUs. After a while the concepts and mechanics will start to click and and it's all up from there.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sorry for those who think this is the trailer bump! (TT_TT) Hopefully, soon.

Any tips for a newcomer to KI? Been playing for a little while now and only managed 1 ultra combo with orchid.

• Try every character a bit, so you can recognize what their strong, medium, and weak attacks look like. You want to counter break by recognizing the attacks, then pressing the appropriate breaker.
  • Remember to "Cash in" your damage often. Trying to go for fancy big combos too often means you put in a lot of effort... but get little reward, because people are falling out of the combo, or combo-breaking.
  • KI is as much about mindgames as it is getting good at the moves. Try to bait your opponent by toying with them (such as doing the same opener or linker over and over), and then suddenly flip your script, to trick them into making mistakes.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Gotta give em props for still working to finish it on a Friday evening.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
update from adam

Hi all,

Well, the pieces are all done, and we're onto mastering phase... but there's where I can't give you a time before it's done.

So instead of trying to promise a specific date at this point, I'm just going to say as soon as the trailer is realy, we'll release it immediately.

That could still happen tonight, or tomorrow, or Sunday, or worst, worst case, Monday.

We all really appreciate the excitement y'all have for the trailers and KI in general. I apologize we didn't get the trailer out for y'all in a timely manner today. =(

I'm surprised they're having so much trouble getting the trailer out considering it was delayed from last week in the first place.

Wondering how much that month delay on the other characters is really going to help them at this point.

Top Bottom