• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

dankir

Don't know if my wife will get it but I'll print a few of these out for Valentines day.

Started playing Thunder again online, jesus christ I feel bad for Omen players, I can take an Omen out in 4 combos, even fewer if I get a counter breaker.

You really have to earn your Omen wins its ridiculous.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
aganos_zpsf6deca1f.jpg~original

rough edit

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I really doubt Aganos will be that big on screen, I know IG showed his relative scale but still they need to keep him small enough so that he fits on screen and does not obstruct lte life bars.

vg260

I really doubt Aganos will be that big on screen, I know IG showed his relative scale but still they need to keep him small enough so that he fits on screen and does not obstruct lte life bars.

I dunno if it needs to. Perhaps that's why those heads are kind low on the neck and would just appear to fit under.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
According to the devs it's "AH-ga-nohs"
Thanks, didn't catch the post that said such!
These are fun.

Well, they did want him to feel as if you're stuck between 2 walls when fighting, so having a huge, non-essential back element taking up screen height is fine. His head fits (which is likely the top of his hurt boxes), and the rest sits behind the bars.

Pulling out the camera a bit should be possible too. Really hope they DON'T shrink him. He'll most likely get smaller as he gains speed / loses rocks.

Still don't see how you can jump over or throw him.

I'm not worried about the throwing aspect. I fully expect Sabretooth to wedge Aganos between his jaws and effortlessly throw him to the other side of the screen.

The jumping aspect, is kind of trickier. I expect characters to just clip through Aganos, but maybe I'm wrong.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I dunno if it needs to. Perhaps that's why those heads are kind low on the neck and would just appear to fit under.

Well, they did want him to feel as if you're stuck between 2 walls when fighting, so having a huge, non-essential back element taking up screen height is fine. His head fits (which is likely the top of his hurt boxes), and the rest sits behind the bars.

Pulling out the camera a bit should be possible too. Really hope they DON'T shrink him. He'll most likely get smaller as he gains speed / loses rocks.
I agree his low set mask is probably due to his height, that's fairly obvious. Personally I would prefer a characters model to fit entirely on the screen, but it's not a huge deal if it's like 90% of the character that fits or something.

My worry is IIRC characters currently move in front of the life bars (as they should), at Aganos shown scale (if that's representative of in-game) he will be constantly obstructing them. If thats some kind of wrinkle to his gameplay than fine, but that could really turn some people off. If the camera is constantly zoomed out to me that's just a lazy design choice and I really doubt IG will do that honestly.

Either way I'm just thinking out loud and I'm sure IG has figured a way to keep his size huge without any major issues. He's got to be tournament legal after all.

.la1n

I do specifically remember the team saying that the character is huge but that they still have to take life bar / meter obstructions into consideration. I fully expect the character to be scaled down accordingly.

The valentine cards.

Oh, well then.

aganos_zpsf6deca1f.jpg~original

rough edit

Gah! I can't wait to see Aganos next week! :)

Tired of the grind needed to gain levels in KI? Leave feedback:

https://twitter.com/themikerobles/status/564147089601347584

Dammit. I wish I could contribute..

I'm going to dread the grind. I'm a completionist. I love having everything unlocked, even if I don't use a certain character, I know that a friend would. So, I love to give them those options.

dankir

I asked Adam on the KI Tournament stream and Aganos stream is Friday, trailer next week so his release should be really shortly after that otherwise his release goes into March.

Honesty question where does KI go after S3?

It goes on to be the best game ever.

I asked Adam on the KI Tournament stream and Aganos stream is Friday, trailer next week so his release should be really shortly after that otherwise his release goes into March.

Aganos on Friday the 13th? Trailer leak confirmed!

No, but seriously.. Super excited! I feel like time is just going by so fast! We'll see gameplay from Aganos and the Yokai will shown soon as well. :)

.la1n

"Ishmae1: Ok y'all heard it here -- we hit 4k viewers on the Aganos' stream on Friday, and you get to see the stage ultra!"

Alright guys, you know what to do.

dankir

Rico finally won something, and a thunder finally won a tourney.

Paul B could have won in that 2 - 2 Wulf Glacius match before the reset. He had meter to counter the Shadow Shoulder the first time and then he was caught pressing buttons but he could have shadow'd it the second time as well.

Great finals though.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is it really full body offically, or did Rizza D. Marco just make up the rest? Look good, I really wonder how all the stuff around her head works out (maybe a hood?). I'd love it if she strongly subverts japanese kawaii-ness with absolute horror, instead of JUST being scary / creepy. The big bow, knock-kneed stance, and torn sailor-skirt could work well for that.

Skab

Is it really full body offically, or did Rizza D. Marco just make up the rest? Look good, I really wonder how all the stuff around her head works out (maybe a hood?). I'd love it if she strongly subverts japanese kawaii-ness with absolute horror, instead of JUST being scary / creepy. The big bow, knock-kneed stance, and torn sailor-skirt could work well for that.

The strands of stuff on the left are coming off the naginata. And I would assume she has long straight black hair that hangs down covering most/half her face. Which is why she only seems to have one eye in the other outline. Think the grudge or ring chicks. (Since she's apparently an onryō.)

.la1n

I'm a little partial to ghost girls so hope the character is a lot of fun. Do we know if that full body silhouette is official?

4k viewers will be tough, hopefully some of the bigger internet personalities will promote it. Grimmmz, Max, etc. I really want to see that stage ultra.

Pachinko

I may have committed a horrible fallacy , a friend and I are going to check out EVO 2015 in person this year and decided since we're there we may as well register for a game too so I decided to register for KI and ooh boy am I gonna lose fast.

I'm trying to decide on a character to stick with and really learn and I'm really drawing a blank - planning to play for at least an hour a day if I can find the time (today I did).

On some random other thread about KI a few months ago I did my personal rank of characters and how hard they are to learn/use where , for season 1 anyway - I had decided Fulgore and Spinal were the hardest to use. Obviously that's changed with season 2 because Kan-Ra seems to be the most technical fighter in the roster over all but ... would it be wrong for a newb like myself to attempt to "git gud" with Sadira ? I really wanted to main Orchid but there's so many people doing that already and I haven't quite wrapped my head around the trick to using her well. She's fast but you need fairly substantial combos to really dish out the damage compared to Sadira , who is also very fast but can dish out damage more easily. The little bit of time I spent with Maya wasn't too bad either. I just really don't know 100% what type of character I feel like investing with- Sadira has cool looking combos but seems a bit trickier to use. For whatever reason I stick with the female characters in fighting games despite someone like Thunder or Glacius perhaps being closer to what I'm looking for... what do you guys think?

If anyone wants to add me on XBL to have a training dummy :p , it's otakugamer.

Doukou

I may have committed a horrible fallacy , a friend and I are going to check out EVO 2015 in person this year and decided since we're there we may as well register for a game too so I decided to register for KI and ooh boy am I gonna lose fast.

I'm trying to decide on a character to stick with and really learn and I'm really drawing a blank - planning to play for at least an hour a day if I can find the time (today I did).

On some random other thread about KI a few months ago I did my personal rank of characters and how hard they are to learn/use where , for season 1 anyway - I had decided Fulgore and Spinal were the hardest to use. Obviously that's changed with season 2 because Kan-Ra seems to be the most technical fighter in the roster over all but ... would it be wrong for a newb like myself to attempt to "git gud" with Sadira ? I really wanted to main Orchid but there's so many people doing that already and I haven't quite wrapped my head around the trick to using her well. She's fast but you need fairly substantial combos to really dish out the damage compared to Sadira , who is also very fast but can dish out damage more easily. The little bit of time I spent with Maya wasn't too bad either. I just really don't know 100% what type of character I feel like investing with- Sadira has cool looking combos but seems a bit trickier to use. For whatever reason I stick with the female characters in fighting games despite someone like Thunder or Glacius perhaps being closer to what I'm looking for... what do you guys think?

If anyone wants to add me on XBL to have a training dummy :p , it's otakugamer.

You can be Riptor, she is also Female :p.

I guess if you are only looking for females you might be interested in the Ghost Japanese girl or A.R.I.A in the future, March and April(or May).

I think you should choose Orchid base off your post. While there are some Orchids I don't really see that many in the top so if you get up there you won't be one of many Orchids. I think learning Orchid will be easier than Sadira also, Sadira I've kinda noticed seem to be either basic double jump till I get a combo or really good so it seems like there is a skill gap even though she isn't as hard as Kan-Ra for example.
I would look into Glacius if I were you, cool character(pun intended) who is somewhat popular and has stylish combos.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The strands of stuff on the left are coming off the naginata. And I would assume she has long straight black hair that hangs down covering most/half her face. Which is why she only seems to have one eye in the other outline. Think the grudge or ring chicks. (Since she's apparently an onryō.)

Oh, no, I get that part, I just think the area that would be her shoulders looks awkwardly high for her height. So it makes me think that maybe there's parts of clothing of fabric in the silhouette that are making her "shoulders" look higher (like the ribbon tie on the right side of the picture.)

I totally agree that she'll probably have that "Sadako" look going for her, as you said. This makes me wonder if her retro look will be a non-decayed, healthy looking version of her... which is assuming way too much too early!

I think and I hope that it will go to a full sequel. KI is back for good me hopes
I think they tweak the hell out of it and continue to add to the base game. Flesh out the story. Optimize more. I don't think it goes to a Season 4.
It won't, got to keep some stuff for Killer Instinct 4 :)

I know they mentioned early on before release that the point of this KI was to be a game that COULD potentially increase over the entire lifetime of the console. It's not "KI 3" awaiting "KI4". It's KI, the continually growing iteration of modern KI.

So if they were to make a KI 4 worth of content... it should just expand on this base game. That way instead of having to lose stages or characters, we just get more, while keeping everything we had before.

I'm a little partial to ghost girls so hope the character is a lot of fun. Do we know if that full body silhouette is official?

4k viewers will be tough, hopefully some of the bigger internet personalities will promote it. Grimmmz, Max, etc. I really want to see that stage ultra.

You make me realize for some totally unrelated reason that she COULD have a Jiang Shi style set... can't figure out why! ;-) Totally the wrong culture, but I wouldn't be against it.

I think the first thing to go for (if not tierwhoring) is to choose a character that does whatever it is you like best in fighters.

For me, one of my favorite things in fighters are the "SNK Grapplers", who can work grapples and holds directly into combos. Place that along with the fact I actually was a fan of Thunder in old KI, and I had my perfect starting character choice!

But with the growth of the game since release, and the uniqueness of S2, there's a lot of other games flavors that can be sampled from within KI. Spinal's Dash cancelling recalls quick run-ins and throws from KoF. Jago's freakishly good fundamentals and swiss armyknife from learly anything is very SF Shoto like. Kan Ra has a bunch of annoying traps and ground-based jerkery, which reminds me just a bit of playing Doronjo in Tatsunoko VS Capcom.

So, what is it you like to DO in fighters? What gameplay wrinkle would make your time with the game more enjoyable? Find that, and I think you'll have found your main.

mdsfx

Any word on a possible Season 2 Ultra deal? Also, I'm still hoping we get Shadow Jago. That empty character slot just sucks.
I broke down and bought him. You can just buy the day one card from target for $60 and sell off the Xbox live code if it's worth the trouble to you.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

tumblr_static_2t1d8yogyh44gw8gcossg8k0k.gif

I kinda hope he means Slow and Fast motion, more than pause? Though I guess "pause" could work for stopping an auto-double in mid action, onto to them BLAST into another double in fast-forward after the awkward stop.

Of course, the idea that she goes from a confirming first blow that freezes things, and them launches into a blitz of blow actually sounds pretty JP Fighter like. Like going from the confirm blow of a Shin Shoryuken, directly into DBZ melee attacks.

I agree that this could actually look and be very awesome in practice. Cutting and speeding up frames for an "unnatural" effect is a very nice way to make something feel ghastly, and adapting that to fighting game gameplay sounds just as unnerving to take on, as it does to witness.

Top Bottom