• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Heatshade

Neo Member
Guh, what? That's terrible if so. That's a huge difference.

Nevermind that post.
Its fine now, it jumped to 41 with the full install.
Im glad! =)
Reinstalling works now guys.
Should be around 16.8 Gigs if u have all characters and ultra editions.

.la1n

Didn't get to play for very long but Aganos and his stage are even better than in video. The new audio balances make a world of difference, especially on Omen and Riptor's stages. The level 50 colors for each character are sick, actually most of the new colors are sick. Orchid's purple outfit, gotta check that out.

Haven't attempted leagues yet but will check it out when I get home from work. The menus and character select / stage select are also snappier so it seems they are still working on getting those optimized as much as possible.

Overall early impressions are great, good work guys :)

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Didn't get to play for very long but Aganos and his stage are even better than in video. The new audio balances make a world of difference, especially on Omen and Riptor's stages. The level 50 colors for each character are sick, actually most of the new colors are sick. Orchid's purple outfit, gotta check that out.

Haven't attempted leagues yet but will check it out when I get home from work. The menus and character select / stage select are also snappier so it seems they are still working on getting those optimized as much as possible.

Wow pretty positive impressions, can't wait to fire this up when I get home from work.

Heatshade

Neo Member

Yeah, most of the new colors are pretty crazy!
Fulgores 9th is just amazing, Riptor 8 and 9 as well.
Kan Ra retro is pretty impressive as well.
This is certainly one of the better updates so far.

Hey guys i might not have gotten an answer to this earlier, is the new ladder system in there now? Or after this one?

If its in, has anyone tried it?

vg260

Nevermind that post.
Its fine now, it jumped to 41 with the full install.
Im glad! =)
Reinstalling works now guys.
Should be around 16.8 Gigs if u have all characters and ultra editions.

Whew. you scared me.

We need that double XP weekend IG!!!!

Doukou

Still installing for me, cool thing that Aganos and Jago were the characters you can play with during installation instead of just Jago.

Doukou

Haven't seen Spinal, Sadira, Sabrewulf or Thunder's colors but i really like a lot of Color 9s.
Though Jago, TJ and Aganos feel very weak. I think TJ's is the worst as far as I can tell he has a star on his boots and a different band. Can't even tell with accessories. I would have made his eyes glow blue or be solid blue.

I love the rest though, they really feel badass, especially Tron Fulgore.
Sad that Omen gets shafted.

.la1n

Are there new accessories too?

No new accessories (except Ritor's ultra set and obviously classic Kan-Ra stuff.) The additional accessories for everyone else are just recolors of the older accessories but despite that some of them are pretty great, almost like having a new accessory.

Anybody mind posting pictures of the new colors? :3

Also, does 7-9 go to Retro's as well?

If a counter breaker connects it sounds much more aggressive without music/announcer.
Or a throw sounds like a cannon thats fired.

Oh nice.

I'm sure all of that can be heard a lot better with update, right?

vg260

No double XP is a bummer. I'm going to mess around with the characters I'm learning and see what kind of progress I make.
I'll wait till double XP to work on others.

I absolutely love this.

up0XxOUh.jpg

tapedeck

Ok been playing for about 40 minutes, Aganos is probably my favorite character of S1 AND S2 so far. He's just so damn satisfying to play as. I like him even more than I thought I would.

And yeah some of the Color 9's are absolutely God Tier.

El Sabroso

I want to see open chest logos for Fulgore, Rusty color is really good, not digging much in the tron variation

Riptor's 9 and KanRaa's are God Tier

Wolf 7 is actually pretty good too

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Holy fuck. 17GB. So they've effectively overwritten the entire game. Hopefully menu lag and character loading are gone.

Fingers crossed.

So far I'm really disappointed with the new ranked system.

The matchmaking is worse than ever it seems, constantly matching me with people I have no business being matched up against.

Edit: Seems it's just an issue for qualifying matches. They're all over the place. After placement it seems fine.

tapedeck

Not sure if my body is quite ready for Cinder. O_O

+1 for that weird Riptor stage bug with the yellow shapes, it was filling up the whole screen lol.

Oh and as others said the audio mix on all the stages is massively improved. Stage music sounds a lot better/clearer.

.la1n

So far I'm really disappointed with the new ranked system.

The matchmaking is worse than ever it seems, constantly matching me with people I have no business being matched up against.

Edit: Seems it's just an issue for qualifying matches. They're all over the place. After placement it seems fine.

I am pretty certain qualifying is done that way intentionally. The ten matches are meant to be a test of skill against various skill levels not just skill level around your own.

Jarlaxle

I'm going to be really depressed when it slots me in bronze after I've played 140 hours of this game. I wish I was better at fighting games.

Top Bottom