• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

malfcn

I don't know what happened. Never will I saw I was the best, but I was not trash. Today I downloaded the patch, and tested the waters of ranked. I am worse than trash now.

Doukou

I don't know what happened. Never will I saw I was the best, but I was not trash. Today I downloaded the patch, and tested the waters of ranked. I am worse than trash now.

Might be because people are are still finding their place in the ladder.

Edit: Finally got Killer Status using Aganos only, is the achievement glitched, Natural Born?

hwalker84

I faced a few Aganos's with my Orchid and crushed them with constant pressure. I then played a guy with his mic on and I got cocky as shit. Dude stayed in my face. Pretty much rush downed me with Aganos. Serves me right for all the trash that came out of my mouth.

MagnesD3

Do any of you guys know of any good weekly KI streams I could watch? Or possibly a place that lists current or upcoming KI streams.

dankir

Do any of you guys know of any good weekly KI streams I could watch? Or possibly a place that lists current or upcoming KI streams.

Tons.

LLPaulB
Rico Sauve
TSwagg
Maximillian
Mr Grimmz
The 8 bit tourney stream guy OMGWTFBBQ or something

Basically any top player in KI has a solid KI twitch stream during the week

Or just go to Twitch and look under KI there's always somebody streaming.

MagnesD3

Tons.

LLPaulB
Rico Sauve
TSwagg
Maximillian
Mr Grimmz
The 8 bit tourney stream guy OMGWTFBBQ or something

Basically any top player in KI has a solid KI twitch stream during the week

Or just go to Twitch and look under KI there's always somebody streaming.
Ok sweet

.la1n

The only thing I hate is when your qualifier match ends up being against someone in the Killer rank, lol. Other than that having a good time with ladder.

Doukou

Does anyone feel Aganos' instinct needs some retooling?

I love Aganos but I feel his Instinct needs to be worked upon. Right now I feel it is the worst in the game by far, the club coming out on a timer just makes it hard to properly use it. I feel I have to be still(not jumping or attacking) to get it. Not to mention that that having the club can be bad in certain situations, it makes his aerial punches much slower and miss at close range(his kicks aren't that good). Considering that Aganos has a big weakness for people in the air, it really feels unintuitive to learn how to deal with people in the air with the club and without the club, when other characters don't get a weakness in Instinct. Overall I don't get much use of out of it other than throwing it and picking a chunk up.

dankir

I love Aganos but I feel his Instinct needs to be worked upon. Right now I feel it is the worst in the game by far, the club coming out on a timer just makes it hard to properly use it. I feel I have to be still(not jumping or attacking) to get it. Not to mention that that having the club can be bad in certain situations, it makes his aerial punches much slower and miss at close range(his kicks aren't that good). Considering that Aganos has a big weakness for people in the air, it really feels unintuitive to learn how to deal with people in the air with the club and without the club, when other characters don't get a weakness in Instinct. Overall I don't get much use of out of it other than throwing it and picking a chunk up.

Yeah espeicially against Riptor man, jesus it's almost impossible to get any armor asides from his chunk finisher.

Seriously Riptor dash in + FP removes everything instanly.

I'm surprised his Instinct doesn't auto regenerate chunks as they're removed. Like Glacius or Spinal.

Doukou

Yeah espeicially against Riptor man, jesus it's almost impossible to get any armor asides from his chunk finisher.

Seriously Riptor dash in + FP removes everything instanly.

I'm surprised his Instinct doesn't auto regenerate chunks as they're removed. Like Glacius or Spinal.

Id Imagine they would want to avoid that since it would be too similar to Glacius' instinct of getting armor. All character have a distinct and unique instinct and they wanted to keep that.
Riptor is a really annoying fight, but I found that if I look like I'm about to zone but actually charge in with my roll I punish them and hope that I can get some a chunk ender in. They really need to patch the fire spread destroying Aganos' chunks. The character I have the most trouble with is Sadira, the window to punish her with Aganos is just to short and she completely makes the Instinct irrelevant being able to jump over the throw and will always be faster than the club swing.

*Salt at pokerface*

Instinct idea:

Aganos gains all four chunks, but can move as if he had no chunks. Chunks regenerate if lost. Upon Instinct ending, you keep all gained chunks.

Too strong?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I think it's time I accept that I suck at this game, I'm eternally stuck in Silver. Win a few matches get close to Gold then get wrecked over and over by spamming bullshit that I can't figure out how to stop. Ugh.

:|

Doukou

I think it's time I accept that I suck at this game, I'm eternally stuck in Silver. Win a few matches get close to Gold then get wrecked over and over by spamming bullshit that I can't figure out how to stop. Ugh.

You don't suck, you are just currently not good :p

Who do you play?

Really excited for Saturday. Wonder if they're going to do a full run through of Ghost Girl like they usually do in the streams or if they're just going to show a little bit of her.

Also wonder if we might get something definitive about season 3 since it does mention a very vague "future" of Killer Instinct as part of the panel. Could just be about the new modes and other stuff coming this season though. Either way, can't wait to see what they have in store.

Doukou

Jago, TJ, Glacius, Thunder..I mix it up a lot which is probably my issue. TJ is my strongest character.

Yah I have a hard time switching between characters during rank. Usually I just pick what character I want to play that day and play them.
Not sure if I can give any good advice, only character I use regularly from that list is Glacius.

Really excited for Saturday. Wonder if they're going to do a full run through of Ghost Girl like they usually do in the streams or if they're just going to show a little bit of her.

Also wonder if we might get something definitive about season 3 since it does mention a very vague "future" of Killer Instinct as part of the panel. Could just be about the new modes and other stuff coming this season though. Either way, can't wait to see what they have in store.

I think Ghost Girl will show some stuff but not everything. I imagine the info will be enough to attach a name to how she plays, like projectile rush down for example. I think the bulk of the conference will be the new mode and the Q/A

I think Ghost Girl will show some stuff but not everything. I imagine the info will be enough to attach a name to how she plays, like projectile rush down for example. I think the bulk of the conference will be the new mode and the Q/A

Yeah, you're probably right. Not going to get my hopes too high. Also just found out it's not going to be streamed which sucks, gotta wait for it to be uploaded to Youtube.

MagnesD3

Would this be fair for aganos's instinct? Ahganos automatically gets max chunks with the speed debuff included and gets the club regeneration.

Pros: Max chunk refill at the start
Infinite Baseball Bats

Cons: Speed is crap at the start of the instinct.

Note: the chunks dont regenerate after the initial instinct pop.

Doukou

Would this be fair for aganos's instinct? Ahganos automatically gets max chunks with the speed debuff included and gets the club regeneration.

Pros: Max chunk refill at the start
Infinite Baseball Bats

Cons: Speed is crap at the start of the instinct.

Note: the chunks dont regenerate after the initial instinct pop.

I don't think that changes the problem, just makes the start better. It doesn't feel like a power up mode.

I would make it so that in Instinct mode Aganos' clubs become Super clubs which are fast and don't whiff in close range. He only gets three(a counter on his face similar to glacius with a cool down of 5 seconds) that he can summon but any walls he grabs become super clubs instead of regular clubs. This way I see people more strategically planning the walls so that he may have a bunch of walls when he pops instinct, therefore many super club possibilities. This would encourage people to use walls more than a wall smash and could lead to some devastating traps. Balanced by the fact that Aganos has to get hurt to have instinct and therefore would probably fallen to the ground a few times. It would also reduce the amount of Aganos who just throw club and chunk up.

dankir

Yeah it does look better in game, on character select it didn't seem all that much different than a normal alternate color.

Holy shit you're right, his face, foot and shoulders are much more metallic in game than in the fighter customization screens.

Also Kan-ra is Electro.

Korosenai

This is me, except I somehow made it to Gold... winning a match now is near impossible. I think i'm 13-35 or something like that.

I'll be at the KI panel on Saturday. Anyone have any questions they want me to ask?

I might make a side twitter account to live tweet the panel if people would be interested. I know the KIC guys lurk this thread, not sure if they're going to be there or not.

Doukou

I'll be at the KI panel on Saturday. Anyone have any questions they want me to ask?

I might make a side twitter account to live tweet the panel if people would be interested. I know the KIC guys lurk this thread, not sure if they're going to be there or not.

Thanks, not sure if I want to watch the video fresh or just spoil my self with info, good to have options though.

Don't really got any good questions, maybe what character, if any, felt very difficult to design? Maybe a question if they feel pressured to design a character who has a unique combo and instinct mechanic and if that pressure affects the design philosophy.

No specific questions from me but I'd love to get all the news as it comes.

Edit: Decided to go ahead and dive into ranked leagues instead of waiting until the other characters were out. Managed to hit Gold pretty easily (16-2 in Silver) so I have high hopes that I'll be able to hit Killer with a little bit of grinding. I just hope I don't end up regretting it when those win 20 ranked matches achievements come along.

.la1n

I prefer the epic themes like Aganos and Spinal but this sounds appropriate for a ghostly character. I like that Mick tries to incorporate the character's design and stage into the music. Makes each character feel more unique outside of just their aesthetics.

Do we know if we are getting a textual stream today or did Adam say all information was being held until Saturday?

Doukou

I prefer the epic themes like Aganos and Spinal but this sounds appropriate for a ghostly character. I like that Mick tries to incorporate the character's design and stage into the music. Makes each character feel more unique outside of just their aesthetics.

Do we know if we are getting a textual stream today or did Adam say all information was being held until Saturday?

We are getting a text stream reveal like Aganos had.
I remember them saying that.
Can't wait till later.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Made a Twitter just for the panel lol. Watch @im_PokerFace tomorrow and I should be live tweeting.
Since you were taking requests could you ask them what the likelyhood of Bayliss fixing S1 classics or just making new ones would be?

this question may anger them

Top Bottom