• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

.la1n

Want to see something funny? Fight Omen as Aganos, perform an ultra on him and use the ultra ender.

I think for it to work it has to be after the first or second wall bounce. Not sure if it works if you fight someone besides Omen. Slides him across the screen.

^ don't feel bad I'm bronze too :)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Well, I did the brave thing, and decided to fight into ranks as pure Aggy. 6 wins, 4 loses, Bronze. Fun!

Things went smoothly through Bronze. I was getting better, and running into a lot less "playing my main from S1!" style people, so I actually got to appreciate the character some!

LoL, I got 30 points in Silver rank just now because the opponent D/Ced from my latest match before it even loaded.

IG charas make rage, lol."Another Spam Character!" "That Impenetrable defense!" "!@(*#&@(*#&@(*&!~!"

He's a character that depends on opponent mistakes in order to win, as long as you chunk up. Being without chunks is so bad... no plus frames on basically ANYTHING, so pressuring is hard to really do. Much like Omen, he doesn't hurt much unless you're bolstering with proper shadow usage.

I wish you could cancel normals into Chunking up on block. Would be like Fulgore's standing Roundhouse into Meter charge from S1. He depends so heavily on knockdowns / opponent disinterest to get those resources!

No one is using walls yet. I'm trying, but I often forget. I try to use them on Sadira to make a corner showdown work, which has varying degrees of working. Did I mention I have Sadia matches as Aggy? Well, as anyone really ;-)

Doukou

Want to see something funny? Fight Omen as Aganos, perform an ultra on him and use the ultra ender.

I think for it to work it has to be after the first or second wall bounce. Not sure if it works if you fight someone besides Omen. Slides him across the screen.

^ don't feel bad I'm bronze too :)

Lol just tried that, it's funny as hell.
Also worked for me with Glacius, so I imagine it works for everyone(tallest character vs smallest)

I hope they don't patch it out.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Riptor is also really annoying. I feel as if Aganos' is losing armor from moves I'm not TRYING to be open to. Maybe that's just me? And having the range of tail to fall back on it very nice for her.

It's also very annoying how Aggy has a hard time dealing with crap like up-fireball skull from Spinal, and Kan-Ra's ground traps, due to horrible movement speed, lol. All you "no, stop that!" options are much too slow for that, so you have to start getting risky. Hope you brought chunks! You're never getting them here... I guess that's where Walling will start to come into play If they can't run, they can't pressure like that, so now it's a battle of footsie wits!

Good stuff overall, though. It really forces one to play differently, and that's not a bad thing at all. Equally as odd for the game as people found Sadira, in a way.

Heatshade

Neo Member
I dont know if this was mentioned before or if its just me that missed it but...

I found out that you can repotition your HUD from the options menu.

Was it there before? Or did it come with the update.

Either way its a nice option. =)

hwalker84

I dont know if this was mentioned before or if its just me that missed it but...

I found out that you can repotition your HUD from the options menu.

Was it there before? Or did it come with the update.

Either way its a nice option. =)
I think it's been there since day one double helix days.

Ont

I am really pleased with the new league system so far. You can rank up quickly if you just keep winning. Also I can now go crazy with characters I am less familiar with without being afraid that I would drop from gold league.

New colours are also nice, make the characters look much better. Now all they need to do is to replace some of the season 1 classic items with less embarrassing stuff.

And Omen needs some love, poor guy.

kan-ra won't keep me out of the killers bracket!

gfWogTU.jpg

.la1n

kan-ra won't keep me out of the killers bracket!

Congrats, I don't think I will ever personally see the killers bracket. It's still fun shooting for gold though. I like the extra motivation ladders provides. I had pretty much quit playing ranked and was only playing exhibition and lobby the last month or two.

Aganos' ultra set is pretty sweet, reminds me of a transformer. I am really curious to see what Riptor's retro would look like, not really able to picture what they would do. As for Omen, I do hope he might get another accessory set or two before the season is over but not sure they'll have time for it.

Also, random question but why is Omen's combo breaker the only one that sends the opponent flying across the screen instead of a reasonable distance?

Korosenai

As Aganos, when I have characters like Riptor and Jago swarming the fuck out of me, what are some things I should be doing to keep them off me?

Doukou

As Aganos, when I have characters like Riptor and Jago swarming the fuck out of me, what are some things I should be doing to keep them off me?

Shadow punch(pulverize?) is the best solution sends them flying if hit and does good damage. After that get one chunk while they get over to you and try to punish them by using a light attack with armor, though be careful of Riptor's fire or their shadow bar, generally speaking they will destroy armor before you connect. If you whiff the punch you atleast get some distance from them. Though only do it when you sure they are about to do something since it is useless on block
Going into a Natural disaster(ball move?) when they jump may work depending on the opponents reaction. Also stuff like the uppercut and the spin move can be decent anti-airs.
If you are in instinct mode using the club throw is also great for getting people away from you.
If the opponent is on ground and not jumping throwing is your best bet, get a chunk off the throw since you will always have enough time and use it to punish with a light attack or natural disaster. You can also use the low payload assault move since it comes out fairly quickly.
Note when all times I mention chunk I'm assuming you have no chunks, it could take too long if you have one or more already.

Korosenai

Use your armor! The second they jump dash punch the hell out of them!

Shadow punch(pulverize?) is the best solution sends them flying if hit and does good damage. After that get one chunk while they get over to you and try to punish them by using a light attack with armor, though be careful of Riptor's fire or their shadow bar, generally speaking they will destroy armor before you connect. If you whiff the punch you atleast get some distance from them. Though only do it when you sure they are about to do something since it is useless on block
Going into a Natural disaster(ball move?) when they jump may work depending on the opponents reaction. Also stuff like the uppercut and the spin move can be decent anti-airs.
If you are in instinct mode using the club throw is also great for getting people away from you.
If the opponent is on ground and not jumping throwing is your best bet, get a chunk off the throw since you will always have enough time and use it to punish with a light attack or natural disaster. You can also use the low payload assault move since it comes out fairly quickly.
Note when all times I mention chunk I'm assuming you have no chunks, it could take too long if you have one or more already.
Thanks for the tips guys. I'm still getting destroyed by people who rush me down, but I just have to keep practicing to get better. It just sucks when I'm stuck in a corner with no armor and they're just doing whatever they want to me.

I also haven't played this game in a couple of months, but I did finally get to the silver tier last night in ranked matches.

fhqwhgads

That stream was the Week Of Aganos. He just breaks it up into youtube videos and posts them over the course of a week.

Oh wow, didn't know it all came from one stream. Thought it was multiple streams and Max handpicked the matches to feature.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Exhibition matchmaking is not working for me. I'm a nubcake so I didn't want to jump into ranked right off the bat. Am I missing something?

I don't think anyone plays Exhibition. You're on my friends list though so now that I know you want to play, ill throw you an invite.

I've never been able to find Exhibition matches since day one basically.

Doukou

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm still getting destroyed by people who rush me down, but I just have to keep practicing to get better. It just sucks when I'm stuck in a corner with no armor and they're just doing whatever they want to me.

I also haven't played this game in a couple of months, but I did finally get to the silver tier last night in ranked matches.

Yah its something you just have to get a hang of. Aganos biggest weakness is getting rushdown with no armor so you are not the only one having trouble. You will be able to pick your spots to attack and chunk up after playing with Aganos more and understanding the speed of the opponent is important.

MagnesD3

Just curious but do any of you guys know of a Orchid guide because I am a killer instinct noobie who is trying to learn how to play and learn orchids manual combo's, setups and strats overall. Any help would be super appreciated, my background consists of SF4, Marvel 3, and SfxT.

Just curious but do any of you guys know of a Orchid guide because I am a killer instinct noobie who is trying to learn how to play and learn orchids manual combo's, setups and strats overall. Any help would be super appreciated, my background consists of SF4, Marvel 3, and SfxT.

Not an Orchid player myself and off the top of my head I can't think of any big names that main her right now.

Maybe this will be helpful?

http://ki.infil.net/orchid.html

You're probably looking for something more advanced though I'm sure.

.la1n

I keep getting matched with Gold people in the Killer Brackets wth?!?

It isn't always matching based on ladder rank, sometimes it has to look outside your ladder rank to ensure match wait times are minimal. Points are calculated differently in those matches as well to try to keep things as fair as possible.

Sydle

Ill use that for now, Im surprised there aren't large guides for each character though online, hopefully somebody does one for each character soon.

Study matches by Mrgamer511 and PR Balrog. They both have exceptional Orchids with really high pressure games.

I noticed you're on Ultra-Combo.com in the Orchid sub-forum, so you're in the best place to get advice.

.la1n

Same, I think Option B is the best since it keeps the use of it the same but stops the fullscreen spamming.

Yeah I think option B is the best. As a Fulgore player I feel it keeps the beam useful but removes the full screen issue. The other option I can't see having much use at all rendering it useless like the chest beam.

Korosenai

I haven't tried this since season 1 (months ago before Combo came out and they wouldn't let me do it), but is there anyway for me to get Season 1 Ultra for $20? Could I tweet at Iron Galaxy and see if they can hook me up?

Also, after playing with Aganos so much, I've come to figure out that Riptor is his number one enemy.

.la1n

I haven't tried this since season 1 (months ago before Combo came out and they wouldn't let me do it), but is there anyway for me to get Season 1 Ultra for $20? Could I tweet at Iron Galaxy and see if they can hook me up?

Also, after playing with Aganos so much, I've come to figure out that Riptor is his number one enemy.

Season 1 Ultra goes on sale for that much semi regularly just keep your eyes peeled.

Top Bottom