• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Doukou

My favorite Ultra ender. The elbow drop is amazing.

Also they shorten his winning animation based off that.
Used to be 11 second and now its 7ish

Holy shit at that ender! xD Very unexpected for Aganos. :p

Also, seeing Kan-Ra in his retro during that intro made me enjoy it more.
He's so damn tiny against him.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wow, one of the best sounding musical ultra's of the season. It has defined beats, which sound more in line with the S1 characters Rhythm. Might become a favorite.

Kan-Ra's Classic Mummy Alt looks much better animated; I'm impressed with how decayed his face looks. Yay for uneven details!

That People's Elbow... I wanna see how it blows away a grounded opponent before I really comment, but it's a pretty nice animation, for sure. Love it when characters have Ultra Enders I actually wanna see, that have solid OOMPH to them.

I hope they continue to leak little teases to Aganos over this week; it'll make the wait more interesting. Been a while since we've seen Max show us pre-release higher-level matches...

hwalker84

Can't wait. Ghost Girl has been my most anticipated character since the season 2 reveal. She didn't disappoint. Aganos was a character I wasn't excited for but I am after seeing him. Can't wait till next Friday!!!

Love the ultra ender. Probably the best one in the game so far.

Also think Forgotten Grotto will end up being my favorite stage as well. Love the overall atmosphere and the music is incredible. Will probably alternate between that one and TJ's stage when I'm not just picking random.

.la1n

Aganos' ultra is damn good. I like the little attention to detail like the finger flick he does part way through. Kan-Ra's classic looks pretty good in game, I see now that his teeth look the way they do because of the decay to his mouth and gum line. As usual I have to learn to keep my knee jerk reactions in check :)

Oh and it's been said before but deserves repeating, Aganos' theme is so good. Mick back in form.

dankir

people-s-elbow-o.gif

Fucking incredible.

I really get the impression that Aganos is going to struggle mightily against characters that can pressure really well. The armor will help but seems like he needs a lot of time and space to build up his resources. On the bright side he does have the resource ender at his disposal.

I could be completely wrong though. Will be interesting to see how the matchups play out.

dankir

I really get the impression that Aganos is going to struggle mightily against characters that can pressure really well. The armor will help but seems like he needs a lot of time and space to build up his resources. On the bright side he does have the resource ender at his disposal.

I could be completely wrong though. Will be interesting to see how the matchups play out.

Riptor has a bad match up with him can't even jump over him.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

My hope is that his resources will allow him to totally throw off blockstrings and pressure, by just taking the blows, and starting combos.

People Can't run to lame him out, because he can make the screen smaller with proper actions. His limb length and armor should let him out-prioritize everyone when used right.

It'll take a LOT of work, but once people find his groove, I really hope people find a reasonably overwhelming strength that's worth playing him for.

Nori Chan

I've always been curious but what character is maya's classic third accessories supposed to represent? Somebody from phantom dust right? Who?

vg260

Really hoping for a double XP weekend. I know we just had one which was probably used to mine some data before making the XP changes, but it's cool to have one for the new character weekend.

.la1n

Really hoping for a double XP weekend. I know we just had one which was probably used to mine some data before making the XP changes, but it's cool to have one for the new character weekend.

I was thinking probably not since we had one for Valentine's Day weekend. It would be nice though since I'd like to get at least the first set of accessories and some colors unlocked for Aganos.

.la1n

Mick posted this:

https://vine.co/v/OQx2vUtiL29

I assume it's ghost girl related, maybe Cinder. Also, he posted a tease of what he is working on next with the word "Inferno" so I guess if we weren't sure before we are now that Cinder is April's character.

Doukou

Mick posted this:

I assume it's ghost girl related, maybe Cinder. Also, he posted a tease of what he is working on next with the word "Inferno" so I guess if we weren't sure before we are now that Cinder is April's character.

Sounds like Cinder. Unless Ghost Girl's stage is dramatically different from what I'm expecting, it feels out of place with her.
Maybe it could also be a redo of Riptor's?

.la1n

Sounds like Cinder. Unless Ghost Girl's stage is dramatically different from what I'm expecting, it feels out of place with her.
Maybe it could also be a redo of Riptor's?

I assume what we heard at the end of the Aganos trailer is a tease of ghost girls theme, that combined with the teaser Mick already posted does make this clip seemingly belong to another character entirely.

Doukou

I assume what we heard at the end of the Aganos trailer is a tease of ghost girls theme, that combined with the teaser Mick already posted does make this clip seemingly belong to another character entirely.

Yah the inferno tweet makes it seem like Cinder's.
He has already finished Ghost's also, so I wonder why we haven't had that much teases.

Mick posted this:

It's bothering me. I wouldn't want that to be Ghost Girl's theme and then I wouldn't want that to be Cinder's theme because it's not hardcore enough. Lol.

.la1n

I'll be honest I'm not a big fan of the clip he posted BUT it's just a clip, too soon to really reach any conclusions off it. Just happy to know Cinder will be upon us soon :)

Heatshade

Neo Member
I finally got my Shadow Jago!
It only took a few waiting weeks.
Maybe my chat with microsoft helped.

By the way you guys should try to have battles with the music and announcer set to zero.
You would be surprised how many hidden sound effects you can hear without them. =)

.la1n

"As the battles rage on, you can gain or lose Ladder points and Rank Titles, but once you’ve made to a Tier, you can’t fall out of it."

Why are they keeping it so that you can lose rank titles, it's one of the things I think turns people off of playing ranked. It's very anti-player for people to lose things that they have worked for. It would be better to just have the new tier grouping and top 32 killers be the incentive for more competitive players.

This sounds good to me, the only thing I can really wish for is individual ranks for characters but with the way the system is setup it doesn't really seem plausible without a complete overhaul.

It's just frustrating for a new character to come out and then you get squashed in ranked because you achieved a higher ranking with your main. Although this wouldn't really be an issue to me if they just ditched the "win 20 ranked matches" achievements that have come with every character except Omen. That's obviously a much easier solution.

vg260

By the way you guys should try to have battles with the music and announcer set to zero.
You would be surprised how many hidden sound effects you can hear without them. =)

They remixed the sound in tomorrow's patch as well. So that might help without doing that. From the KI Forum:

· Full remix of Season 2 characters and stages! I was in charge of mixing Season 1 and was noticing some disparities to Season 2, so we decided to sit down and make sure everything was in parity. More details below, but ultimately, everything is cranked to 11.
· AGANOS!! He smashes. He crushes. He feels sad later. Poor massive fella.
· Louder Mick Gordon jams! Omen and Riptor’s stages will now rock your faces off. Other stages have also been tweaked…meaning everything is just a touch louder.
· All characters have had a mix pass – We did a significant overhaul to the Season 2 cast to do an audio balance to their move-set, their specials, their vocals…everything. Not any new content. This is more about making sure volume balance is maintained from character to character. Some stuff might sound a bit different than you’re used to, but everything should play nice together now.
· Cleaned up a lot of legacy content – This probably won’t be remarkably noticeable, but we spent some time going through the characters and cleaning up animations to make sure things were playing as tightly as possible.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Im pretty excited for the new Ranked mode, I havent bothered to play a ranked match in 6 months. I was hopelessly stuck between ranks 15-20 lol.

Messed around with Aganos a little bit. He's a really interesting character. The armor gives him so much leeway. It permits him to make a ton of mistakes and get away with them. Even more so that there's really no reason to use anything other than the resource ender unless you have a wall up.

He's almost unbearably slow though, and that's coming from someone who mostly plays Thunder and TJ. That's my biggest negative from the dozen or so matches I played with him. He just feels insanely sluggish, especially when he's armored up, but I suppose that's all part of the balance.

Aside from that, the new colors are hit and miss. Some are incredible and some are just flat out ugly though I guess that's a matter of taste. The color 9s aren't as crazy as previously suggested but some still look pretty awesome. Also just briefly glancing through it seems like Glacius made out the best with the new colors but there are definitely a lot of good ones.

Heatshade

Neo Member
I see my player levels went up when starting up my Xbox but no Aganos, wonder how that happens.
Also, its only level 36 for a level 30 character.
Not the mentioned 41.

Top Bottom