• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Sydle

Hisako is cool. Love her theme.

No plans to bring it to PC? :[

That's super disheartening to hear.

I'd wait for E3 and a Season 3 announcement. I'll be shocked if Season 3 doesn't launch on Windows 10 and Xbox One at the same time. Obviously with S1 and S2 also available for Windows.

MS just got through playing up the ease of portability between Xbox One and PC, as well as enabling cross-device play. Spencer even went on to say how their own first-party studios and partners have to use these tools to help prove and improve them.

vg260

I'd wait for E3 and a Season 3 announcement. I'll be shocked if Season 3 doesn't launch on Windows 10 and Xbox One at the same time. Obviously with S1 and S2 also available for Windows.

MS just got through playing up the ease of portability between Xbox One and PC, as well as enabling cross-device play. Spencer even went on to say how their own first-party studios and partners have to use these tools to help prove and improve them.

Yeah, I feel like it's a given at this point, just a matter of when.

Just caught up on all the stuff. Hisako sounds awesome but I'll probably wait until the recording comes out to watch her character breakdown, just to get a better idea of how she works. So far though she looks/sounds really unique which is great.

Shadows is...weird? I don't know, it's not what I expected. Seems like it's just for people that want to face human players but don't want to play online? I'm confused as to what the point of it is.

vg260

Hm? Noone posted this vid yet?

http://youtu.be/-0O6QY1BLjo

8 min video of Hisako.

Nice. Thanks. Man I'm going to be terrible with her. I have a bad habit of walking to cover space and not dashing, even with slow characters. I don't know why.

I know cinematic in-match Supers/Ultras are not part of KI's DNA, but it's too bad because I bet they could come up with some really great stuff for all these characters. It's one thing I miss playing this game coming from other modern fighters.

I'm super bummed that a PC version isn't in development... they have a chance to be right there at the launch of Windows 10 and bring in the FGC crowd.

If they wait for Season 3 they're going up against Street Fighter V and most likely Tekken 7.... but then since when does MS make smart moves (especially on PC).

Doukou

Tried to avoid the info to wait for the video, but I couldn't help it.

Mike Robles posted an image showing encoding being 8 hours away.

Hisako looks great. That possession animation looks great.

Shadow fighters seems weird.

Defect

When Hisako possesses someone.

GIF-Timvisible-Crocker001.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm super bummed that a PC version isn't in development... they have a chance to be right there at the launch of Windows 10 and bring in the FGC crowd.

If they wait for Season 3 they're going up against Street Fighter V and most likely Tekken 7.... but then since when does MS make smart moves (especially on PC).

Eh, PC is a bonus that could help give funding and internal interest to a 3rd or more seasons. They already have a hard enough time getting out and balancing 1 chara per month on 1 platform; Imagine doing it for 2 on such a timeframe? It might be minor for games created with this gosl in mind, but it's not cut and dry for a pre existing product, especially on an engine thats not developed by the current dev team.

At least Win 10 and Xbox are moving in that direction. But achieving it would be a complimentary step for this product, not a main goal. For this game which wants to continue to grow as long as it can as 1 single release, I think that's fine, and possibly best.

Skab

I'm holding out on watching or reading much on the panel until they upload the full thing, hurry up guys. It's getting tempting to watch some of these other videos that have popped up.

That one is a prerecorded breakdown vid with Keits, straight from IG.

good lord you need to play this game nonstop to be in the top 100.

I dropped from top 50 to like 300+ after not playing for a couple days

I think the most surprising thing about Hisako for me is just how hard she hits.

She has so many tools, great normals, a Rekka, the counters, a command grab into a combo. Adding high damage on top of that seems insane. Really can't wait to try her out.

Doukou

I think the most surprising thing about Hisako for me is just how hard she hits.

She has so many tools, great normals, a Rekka, the counters, a command grab into a combo. Adding high damage on top of that seems insane. Really can't wait to try her out.

Her damage did seem high but he was also using heavy autos.
The scariest thing to me would be her combo trait. Seems like the ultimate baiting game.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
First off, Hisako is pretty much Makoto, Walk and dash wise, as well as movement wise. Even the Tiger Knee Axe Kick and ability to command throw into combos remain! I'll accept this as a wonderful love letter to one of my favorite people of SFIII and IV.

Now, past that... Well, she does great damage (kinda more than the War Golem, hmm), but her mechanics are all based around putting herself at odd risk. She uses specialty meter to shift from a combo into a counter? Wohoo, go go throws! Ok, I can deal with that. She also has no real projectiles, and her only full zoomed out screen punish is predictable, and has no mix-up to it (the Manaka-like ability to crawl off one side of the screen, and reappear on the other.) Cha-Chang!

Her effects are pretty nice. I think they worked pausing, fast forward, and the visual jitter in pretty well, without sacrificing things that'd make the fight community moan in agony. I'd have personally LOVED to have seen her make the screens entire motion (Background motion, Health bar pulsing, etc) all skip a few frames while she did her manuals or instinct, but alas, that might be TOO busy.

The ghosting around her is nice, in the fact it also takes the other characters motions in, when they're in her sphere of influence. Such an awesome thing to see in real time.

Overall, the similarities to "SNK Style Grapplers" is really going to make me enjoy her. Grapples that can be used in combos, and feel as visually impactful as the combos from the rest of the cast; love em! Between her, Aganos, Kan-Ra, Thunder, and some Spinal and Maya, I find the idea of who to main to be incredibly difficult, lol. Continual Good job, IG / never forgotten DH!

Pachinko

Does anyone on here wan to help me practice in some exhibition matches ? I've got no one to play with offline :(

I read recently that about 340 people played KI at evo last year, at my current ability I think I would place 341st :p

I played this a bit last week with the new ranking system and went 0-10 then decided to have another match a couple days later and bumped that record up to 0-11 :(

Really need to get back into the habit of playing it for a little bit each day instead of a little bit every week.

Gamertag is otakugamer , just say you're from neogaf if you're interested in practicing against me.

.la1n

Just finished watching the panel. Some really good stuff in there. The new story mode looks good, still bummed there won't be anything for season one characters but it's understandable given development time and resources. I like Max being the narrator, hopefully they keep him. Was super happy to hear they are aware that in ranked play we don't want to watch people's ultra combos so they are working on way to just "GG" out of the match once the ultra is initiated.

.la1n

Also worth noting that Hisako's stage has a stage ultra so I guess that means the rest of season 2's cast all have stage ultras, good stuff.

Ont

So now they are saying ARIA is unlike any other fighting game character before. Not sure how I can deal with this constant hype.

vg260

I dunno, maybe similar in some ways. They said she doesn't hair hair, but it depends on your definition. So I just picture some kind of Mother Brain-ish sentient AI thing, so I'm thinking mostly a machine or a body preserved and wired up in a test tube thing like Luke Sywalker in ESB, but with mechanisms on the outside able to attack. Would fit being the mastermind of Ultratech. At least that's how I would design her. :p

Hisako is basically Makoto with a weapon. I love it. She's honestly my most favorite of characters, and I cannot wait to try her out.

Uraizen

Banned
Hisako is basically Makoto with a weapon. I love it. She's honestly my most favorite of characters, and I cannot wait to try her out.

I thought that, too, until I saw the counters. Canceling into a counter is going to be nasty. They've also finally put in a character that fits me. ;_;

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Hisako is cool. Love her theme.

They'd be crazy not to boost the online community with PC cross play. Seems too logical not too. PC players wouldn't have an advantage controller wise so yeah.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
With story mode coming in June.... That makes me doubt KI will even have a presence at E3

I'd bet EVO is when MS makes the announcement

Also don't expect PC version until late 2016 if there is one

.la1n

With story mode coming in June.... That makes me doubt KI will even have a presence at E3

I'd bet EVO is when MS makes the announcement

Also don't expect PC version until late 2016 if there is one

Yeah unless they've been developing season 3 content alongside finishing season 2 (which I doubt they have the man power or money to do) I would think we wouldnt see a theoretical season 3 initial launch until November/December of this year. Going by how they handled Season 2 it's obvious they want to keep momentum so I don't think pushing it past 2015 is even a possibility.

Top Bottom