• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Yeah unless they've been developing season 3 content alongside finishing season 2 (which I doubt they have the man power or money to do) I would think we wouldnt see a theoretical season 3 initial launch until November/December of this year. Going by how they handled Season 2 it's obvious they want to keep momentum so I don't think pushing it past 2015 is even a possibility.

We know from the Ultra-Combo forums that they've been sketching up ideas for the S3 cast already (as of like, a month ago at least), so they've been giving it thought and a little manpower. I suspect that we'll have season 3 kick off in October, if it gets confirmed.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm thinking KI hits the PC with season 3. They're definitely working on season 3 content.

Well they're working on ideas... at least on MS side... but is anything even in proto? Unlikely.

And iron galaxy likely won't be working on anything season 3 until they're contracted to do so... and then there's going to be a break after season 2 wraps for sure...

Heatshade

Neo Member
I like the tone of Hisakos stage.
Even if its only concept art, the lighting in there will be nice and spooky.
AND it has a stage ultra + great creepy music from Mick. Im gonna be picking this stage alot.

.la1n

I like the tone of Hisakos stage.
Even if its only concept art, the lighting in there will be nice and spooky.
AND it has a stage ultra + great creepy music from Mick. Im gonna be picking this stage alot.

I am curious to see what the stage ultra will be like, I am sure it will be creepy. Speaking of stage ultras has anyone else noticed that if you perform a stage ultra on Omen on Aganos' stage that it's not synced like the other characters? Specifically, his body doesn't blow away at the same rate as the dust blows away.

Also, that stage ultra in particular feels off to me with it being so quiet. Wouldn't be opposed to them adding in the Ultra voice over like with the other stage ultras.

dankir

I am curious to see what the stage ultra will be like, I am sure it will be creepy. Speaking of stage ultras has anyone else noticed that if you perform a stage ultra on Omen on Aganos' stage that it's not synced like the other characters? Specifically, his body doesn't blow away at the same rate as the dust blows away.

Also, that stage ultra in particular feels off to me with it being so quiet. Wouldn't be opposed to them adding in the Ultra voice over like with the other stage ultras.

I'm sure a spirit or something will come and take the opponent away or some shit.

hwalker84

Well they're working on ideas... at least on MS side... but is anything even in proto? Unlikely.

And iron galaxy likely won't be working on anything season 3 until they're contracted to do so... and then there's going to be a break after season 2 wraps for sure...

I feel like IG is already contracted for Season 3. That's just the impression I'm getting.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm sure they probably are. During the panel it seemed Adam was hinting we'd find out more about Season 3 soon.

Yeah after watching the Q&A, Adam was basically confirming it without saying anything that actually confirms it.

Really wonder what we'll be getting for the ultra edition since they've run out of arcade games to port :p

dankir

There's no way they're aren't working on S3 right now. IG has been a great developer, KI has a big fanbase and strong community behind it.

It's no Street Fighter but its no slouch either.

derFeef

Woah, that's the first character that might put me back into the game - I was pretty "meh" on the last ones. Also story, cinematics and that shadow thing.

Need to watch panel and walkthrough now.

Forgot to mention, I like that Hisako has a scar on her nose.

I'm sure at this point, that Season 3 will definitely be happening in the future. :)

Pachinko

Well I'm going to start playing this game daily I think. Not going to get good at it by staring at my xbox :p

To that end I've been going back and finishing the dojo lessons I didn't bother with before. I'd finished 1-16 as should anyone really - they're all pretty basic stuff. But 17-32 is where shit gets real. Especially lesson 19 - I was just reading up on it a bit more and it seems you don't actually have to input the manual command if you time the special attacks right ? I'll have to give that another go tomorrow I guess.

I then practiced a bit more with orchid before starting a lobby up and playing a few matches. I lost 'em all again but I wasn't surprised. Playing against people who have put 100-200 hours into this game versus the 18 I've got (and quite a bit of that was staring at menus and such).

I feel like I'm at a bit of a wall skill wise. Like, I have the basic idea of how to play this game in my head but my execution is just awful. I'm slightly better at street fighter 4 but there's something about this game that's throwing me for a loop. Feels like whenever I play online I just get wrecked hardcore and I end up feeling a bit helpless which makes me lose faster. SF I can get it into my head to try a few things but I really find I'm still awfully scrubby at KI.

BUT , I don't think I'll shake that until I put some more time into it. Still not 100% I want to stick with Orchid either, she is fun to use but I'm not convinced my play style really matches with how she works. I'm trying to learn a bit every time I watch a higher level match where someone else uses her though. Learning how to play well can be a frustrating process.

Doukou

Well I'm going to start playing this game daily I think. Not going to get good at it by staring at my xbox :p

To that end I've been going back and finishing the dojo lessons I didn't bother with before. I'd finished 1-16 as should anyone really - they're all pretty basic stuff. But 17-32 is where shit gets real. Especially lesson 19 - I was just reading up on it a bit more and it seems you don't actually have to input the manual command if you time the special attacks right ? I'll have to give that another go tomorrow I guess.

I then practiced a bit more with orchid before starting a lobby up and playing a few matches. I lost 'em all again but I wasn't surprised. Playing against people who have put 100-200 hours into this game versus the 18 I've got (and quite a bit of that was staring at menus and such).

I feel like I'm at a bit of a wall skill wise. Like, I have the basic idea of how to play this game in my head but my execution is just awful. I'm slightly better at street fighter 4 but there's something about this game that's throwing me for a loop. Feels like whenever I play online I just get wrecked hardcore and I end up feeling a bit helpless which makes me lose faster. SF I can get it into my head to try a few things but I really find I'm still awfully scrubby at KI.

BUT , I don't think I'll shake that until I put some more time into it. Still not 100% I want to stick with Orchid either, she is fun to use but I'm not convinced my play style really matches with how she works. I'm trying to learn a bit every time I watch a higher level match where someone else uses her though. Learning how to play well can be a frustrating process.

I think playing rank is easier than Lobby. You might lose your qualifying matches but eventually you will be placed in a good tier for you and the only way to overcome it would be to beat all the low level tricks and get better.

El Sabroso

yesterday went into the ranks, got into silver and now I'm in the Gold ladder, it takes really no time to get out of Silver, and hella easy compared to gold, I really need to improve a lot, this rank league system is ages better than previous ranked matches

Pachinko

I think playing rank is easier than Lobby. You might lose your qualifying matches but eventually you will be placed in a good tier for you and the only way to overcome it would be to beat all the low level tricks and get better.

I lost all of my qualifiers , my problem is that I'm playing the game ... just a bit wrong. So far at the bottom of the barrel in bronze I've tried having another 4 matches and only one was against a fellow bronzer. Lobby just feels like a safer place to practice I guess? I don't know it just feels like I've got a pretty substantial learning curve ahead of me. Making sure I really drill into my head what attacks are safer to use and avoid getting punished constantly. I'll get over it and probably return to ranked . I'd just rather not see my record go up to 20 losses in a row and right now it feels like that could happen.

Didn't even notice that Adam posted this over on the KI forums.

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=7842.0

Nothing too crazy there but the concept art for both Hisako and her stage are fantastic.

KI_Hisako_Colour_Final.jpg

Hisako_VillageofWhispers.png

.la1n

Concept art and stage both looks fantastic. Can't wait to see more. As excited as I am for the new character trailer what I really want to see is how Cinder turned out.

I love the look of the stage, I'm curious as to what goes on in it. Oh.. And her theme! I want to hear it all!

Looks pretty, I wonder if the cloth will look the same on her final design. Seems far more noticeable in concept art.

Yeah, in her CA her kimono is more tattered than in-game. She also didn't have her ribbon on her naginata, right? I don't remember.

.la1n

Something else funny I didn't notice until today but do a stage ultra on Aganos on Kan-Ra's stage and watch as his spell book in the background teleports up and down.

Doukou

Hisako is haunting ultra-combo.com at the moment, so no #killerinstinct textual stream today. We'll be back next week, post-exorcism!

Adam Isgreen

Sadness

.la1n

250% XP Boost for Aganos and 200% XP Boost for all characters starting at Tuesday at 4PM Pacific to 12PM Pacific on 3/17!

From Combo break show

Its something.

Not bad, can try to level a few characters. Only gotten TJ to level 50 so far.

malfcn

I don't know what has got into me tonight.

Went like 2-20 in Silver last week.
Turned it on tonight and felt like I am 20-2.
Had 2 Supremes on Master etc, and now in Gold still handing out beatings.

I am trying to temper myself for a big slide soon.

Yup, after a loooong search for another match the rhythm is gone.
Hit a Killer and got rekt.
Then hit a match and my hands were garbage. One button to fudge a loss.

Pachinko

I managed to practice some more today and learned a few more things, exploiting better mixups and such mostly.

I've discovered in this process what my biggest problem is , the very thing holding back more than any other issue. I don't block nearly often enough and I'm not sure how to go about getting better and actually using blocking. This is not just a problem in KI , I have a tendency to just jump away rather than blocking in just about any fighting game and I now realize to get out of my scrub life skill set I need to better utilize standing my ground more often.

Also Riptor and Sabrewolf are more entertaining to use than I was really expecting at first.

.la1n

Anyone see this?

http://www.ultra-combo.com/forums/index.php?topic=7993.0

Supposedly getting Hisako's trailer on the 20th. Also some other cool bits of information there.

Sounds good. Also sounds like he's setting up a preemptive defense against people hating Cinder's new design, haha. I'm sure it's not like the original but I haven't hated a season 2 design they've done yet so I feel good about it.

We are also getting to see Riptor's retro Friday so that should be neat.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Nice update, seems surreal that we will finally see Cinder in just a few days.

And I guess rage quitting is still a thing. I'm in Gold now just a couple wins from Killer, I've run into quite a few Killers that rage quit on me multiple times even when I was still in Silver....like really? Do these people not realise you're still taking an L if you disconnect?

I really hope there is a jump scare at some point in Hisako's trailer lol. I am really excited to finally see Cinder, I hope he has his old "I'm just too hot" line

Top Bottom