• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

Can anybody make out what they're saying the second teaser clip? I hear Hisako but the rest is garbled also I don't understand Japanese so that could be it.

I think at the end it says 'Goodnight and Goodbye' (in English), but I might be mis-hearing it. I'm unsure if some of it is in Japanese or not.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Considering no hype for it yesterday, no shock. We've seen a lot pre-release this month, and this just means time between Human Torches tease -> release is less spread apart! ;]

I really like the depth presented in -the village of whispers-, it feels like it has nice depth layers, and is really expansive. Most other stages feel much more empty in the mid-area beteen characters and skyline.

Aganos buffs are really nice too, up flick is much in line with fixing one of his attack deadzones. And Thunder and that new Call of Sky!

I wanna see Cinder, but I might be more interested in this patch/update honestly... until we hear his full theme! >_>

I actually think it's not the worst decision to delay, even if it was ready. There was a whole lot of Mortal Kombat X info making the rounds yesterday and today (Mileena, Takeda, Kung-Jin gameplay for the first time, Quitality, joystick compatibility, Test Your Luck, Kustom Kombat, Predator DLC accidental announcement, first shots of Samurai costume packs, etc.).

Considering Cinder's reveal should be, well, arguably the most significant to the game since Season 1, it's probably best that it not get lost in that info dump?

Skab

Yeah, I'm not surprised.

Guess Hisako won't be released until the 30th or 31st.

The delay was due to Cinders VFX not being fully ready.

Adam Isgreen
‏@Ishmae1
For those asking why there's a delay - Cinder VFX are very close, but not final just yet. We want him to rock in his tease.

So it doesn't really have anything to do with Hisako, and she should still be released on time. Whenever that is.

Also Adam tweeted out Retro Riptor.

https://vine.co/v/OYhaw9jbqbT

Edit: Bananas! *shakes fist*

dankir

https://twitter.com/Ishmae1/status/578987192481161216

I almost feel her head is too big.

2948889-riptorc.jpg

Looks like a good homage though.

.la1n

Riptor retro looks good, looking forward to the accessories. Unfortunate about the trailer but I would prefer to see it when Cinder is completely finished.

Wow y'all are fast. I was just coming over here to drop the Vine link!

Adam, can we still expect a textual stream today?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
You could make up for the slowness and give us the trailer today instead of next week....

RIGHT?

Lol

If it's because of cinder VFX... I totally expect the trailer to be later next week and not earlier

ahhh... But on the plus side... We're also around a month away from actually playing cinder

Also... Interesting note: if KI season 3 goes forward... With 8 characters and 8 stages.... KI 2013 will have more characters than KI1 and 2 combined and have as many stages as MK9

Pretty impressive

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My, it's been a while, eh?

Welcome to the March 20th, 2015 Killer Instinct textual stream!

This week we're covering balance changes, league updates, and Retro Riptor!

LEAGUES

TOP 32 WILL RESET & PRO MEDALS WILL BE AWARDED ON APRIL 1ST 12AM PST

A big thank you to everyone that's given us feedback on the league system and suggestions for improvements! We're incorporating a lot of them into the system and will have an update as to what's coming in a future text stream.

Next month, you'll see some scoring system changes going into effect for the April top 32 as we continue our beta - more details on that change soon (next week).

RETRO RIPTOR!

https://vine.co/v/OYhaw9jbqbT

You'll have to wait on her accessories... they're really good. I predict that one set of them will quickly become a favorite of all Riptor players.

2.5 BALANCE CHANGES & FIXES

System Changes:
Fixed an issue that allowed you to use a Counter Breaker after a manual all the way up until the manual was over, even well after the Breaker window had passed. Now, you can only use the Counter Breaker if your opponent is still in their Breaker window. This prevents a bug where you could do your Counter Breaker very late after a juggle hit and break the game’s physics for the rest of the match.
The Natural Born achievement for reaching Killer tier is fixed. People that are currently in Killer will receive it after playing 1 match in Killer once they update to 2.5

Thunder:
Move Change: Call of Sky (Projectile Attack Move) has been removed from the game and replaced with Call of Sky (Dash Buff Move).
The new Call of Sky strikes Thunder with a bolt of lightning, causing him to enter a charged state and crackle with electricity.
His next dash will consume his charged state and be replaced with an Instinct dash (Murder of Crows), including all of its features.
You can only hold one charge at a time, but hitting Thunder will not remove his charge.
The charge will expire if unused after 8 seconds.
The team felt that the old Call of Sky was not accomplishing the goal of forcing players to fight you at a bit less than full screen. We also felt that it was a bit too difficult to get in during certain matchups, and this new Call of Sky is a fun and versatile way to extend Thunder’s arsenal in the spirit of a grappler.

Jago:
Increased the size of hitboxes on the Tiger’s Fury Enders so they won’t ever miss crouching opponents.

Glacius:

Cold Shoulder attack box goes deeper into Glacius’ body.
Light version becomes active 2 frames earlier
Medium version becomes active 3 frames earlier
Heavy version becomes active 4 frames earlier.
This change should help with being able to wipe out Kan-Ra’s swarms using Cold Shoulder as intended.
Frame advantage increased on Cold Shoulder to match earlier startup noted above. When close, advantage is the same as before. Better than before advantage is possible now when hitting late.
Fixed a bug causing his Puddle Punch Enders to drop when cursed by Kan-Ra.
Made his grab attack box taller so that characters couldn’t sneak under it in unintended ways.

Orchid:
F+HK is now immune to throws from frame 9 until 39.
Orchid can now cancel Ich Ni San into Shadow moves on block.
Shadow Uppercat is no longer counted as in-air until frame 2. This should increase the priority of its first hit.
Fixed a bug that got introduced in the Aganos update that caused Orchid’s Ultra Ender to cause an air wall splat instead of the expected ground wall splat.

Fulgore:
Fulgore’s Heavy Eye Laser now travels a reduced distance.
Light and Medium Eye Beams when used as Manuals are now breakable.
You can now cancel Devastation Beam into Instinct Activation.

TJ Combo:
Performed a full cancel window pass on Auto Doubles, Linkers, and Shadow Linkers to make responsiveness and feel more similar to Season 1.
Tremor’s Shockwave doesn’t come out behind TJ anymore.
Knee attacks have more recovery, but inflict more blockstun. Frame disadvantage will be similar on block.
Spin Fist is now 0 on block, instead of +1.
When used as part of a combo after a Wall Splat, Shoot Toss damage has been greatly reduced.

Maya:
Performed a full cancel window pass on Auto Doubles, Linkers, and Shadow Linkers to make responsiveness and feel more similar to Season 1.
Fixed a bug that allowed Maya to use forward dash into HK before the round begins.

Kan-Ra:
Recovery after Sacrifice is now longer, and the attack box size of the explosion has been reduced. Characters who read this with a jump back won’t be hit as easily and should have enough time for a punish in most situations now. Kan-Ra will not be able to replace his Sand Trap for free on hit anymore, either.
The startup portion of Swarm is now a projectile instead of a physical hit, so you can projectile invulnerable through it as expected.
Standing Heavy Kick (Sand Spray) and Crouching Heavy Kick (Anti Air Sand Upheaval) are no longer counted as physical hits, and are now projectiles so that you can use projectile invulnerable attacks to go through them as expected.
All HK “Sand” Buttons are now considered Special moves.
Linker Shadow Swarm can now manual into Heavy buttons.
Jumping Heavy Kick (Dune) is now breakable.
Fixed a bug causing Kan-Ra’s backdash to not have invulnerability. Also realigned his Head vulnerable box on his forward dash.
Fixed a bug that caused whiffing a c.HK (Sand Upheaval) to turn any knockdown into a hard knockdown.
Fixed a bug that let Kan-Ra cancel Shadow Linkers into another Linker.

Riptor:
Fixed a bug causing Riptor to recover from Throw attempts 7 frames faster than the rest of the cast.
Fixed a bug causing Shoulder Charge Enders (Lv2, 3, and 4) to deal more damage than intended.
Fixed a bug that caused Talon Rake, Flame Carpet, Flame Arc, and Flame Wall to remove Aganos’ Chunks on block.
Fixed a bug that caused an unbreakable Opener->Ender situation after Predator MK Tail Stings.

Aganos:
Natural Disaster Hop now hits overhead on the way down only.
Natural Disaster Hop causes a hard knockdown on airborne opponents so they cannot quick rise to punish this on hit.
Close Standing MP now hits overhead.
Shadow Natural Disaster is much lower profile on startup and while being held. It is also projectile immune on startup and while held, but not while moving forward.
Shadow Natural Disaster’s final hit can recapture airborne opponents. It has a larger auto double cancel window as a result, and a shorter manual cancel window (though a heavy manual is still possible.)
New Command Normal – Back + LP anti air flick. Still has flick’s projectile destroying properties.
All LP buttons have larger projectile destroy boxes.
Ender damage tweaked. Pulverize and Natural Disaster Enders hit a bit harder. Low level Payload Enders do a bit less.
Fixed a bug that allowed you to Instinct Cancel Shadow Ruin on hit. Also fixed a bug preventing you from using an Instinct Cancel on block.
Fixed a bug that caused manuals to change speeds depending on Chunks, leading to inconsistent linker to manual rules depending on chunk load.
Fixed a bug that caused Walls to not take damage on Aganos’ knockdown if that knockdown killed him in some situations.
Fixed a bug preventing Light Natural Disaster Linker from working after some Manuals.
Fixed a bug prevented specials from coming out using the Heavy Punch button during the Light>Medium Peacemaker chain combo.
Fixed a bug that caused a Heavy Kick to sometimes come out after activating Instinct.
Fixed a bug that caused Level 4 Pulverize Ender to whiff if you used a Heavy Kick Auto Double before it.
Fixed a bug that prevented the Peacemaker from breaking when Aganos attempts a Counter Breaker.
Fixed a bug preventing Peacemaker from breaking when you start Shadow Natural Disaster.
Fixed a bug that caused Wall Crashes to play during Hitstop, making those moves unbreakable instantly.
Fixed a bug that could cause Natural Disaster to roll the wrong way after whiffing a Ruin.
The size of Aganos’ Yellow character collision box is reduced after frame 6 of recovery from a blocked Ruin. This was preventing certain moves from punishing the recovery.
Fixed a bug that prevented the KV penalty on multiple recaptures after an Ultra from triggering.
Fixed a bug that caused the Level 2 version of Pulverize Enders to whiff after HK Auto Doubles.

Sabrewulf, Omen, Spinal, and Sadira:
no changes

That's it for this week! Hisako and the 2.5 update is coming soon!

Voila

.la1n

I thought Kan-Ra's stage ultra was broken against Aganos but it seems the book is doing funky things no matter what character you are sending into the stage ultra. Textures not loading all the way for characters, sometimes even through the entirety of matches.Come on IG >:|

Also, small pet peeve through season 2 but the menu screen background video that plays of all the characters, why are you using the unfinished TJ model for his part of the video? It looks bad. Stop it.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Yeah the bugs in this game are relentless but that's no doubt a byproduct of an ambitious game being made by a small team. At least we know they are constantly being fixed.

My nitpick is Jago's eyes always closing during the VS screen load. It's completely irrelevant and superficial but annoys the shit outta me lol.

I've noticed a lot of Orchid showing up to tournaments and online. She's going to be a beast when the next patch drops.

I always enjoy really good Orchid players. I welcome them. I wonder how much change the patch will be for Orchid on players.

It's crazy to know how far we've gotten. Just think, next month we get Cinder! And the true boss of KI will available as well. :)

derFeef

Performed a full cancel window pass on Auto Doubles, Linkers, and Shadow Linkers to make responsiveness and feel more similar to Season 1

Does that mean that I can finall play TJ Combo without thinking the timing of his auto-doubles are really, really weird, and drop almost all of them?

dankir

Does that mean that I can finall play TJ Combo without thinking the timing of his auto-doubles are really, really weird, and drop almost all of them?

You just need to be a bit slower with him, I had the same problem initially but for TJ you should be using his Auto Barrage combo's anyways. Much harder to break. Any combination works LP -> FK -> MP, etc. etc.

.la1n

Alright guys it's Monday who wants to take bets on when the trailer drops and when Hisako actually releases. I say March 31st character release for ultra pack owners (keeping with tradition of combo pack owners being behind.) Trailer on Friday.

Would love to be completely wrong.

Alright guys it's Monday who wants to take bets on when the trailer drops and when Hisako actually releases. I say March 31st character release for ultra pack owners (keeping with tradition of combo pack owners being behind.) Trailer on Friday.

Would love to be completely wrong.

Best case scenario, trailer Wed/Thurs, release Friday.

Most likely scenario is yours though. I don't see her releasing until the 30th at the earliest.

But yeah, please feel free to prove me wrong Adam.

Well the KI Facebook page and MS Studios Twitter posted an image of Hisako saying "soon..." so I'm guessing we're not getting a definitive answer for at least a couple more days.

Hate to sound like an impatient ass but, after delaying the trailer and essentially telling us jack shit about the release date I'm not too fond of the vague teasing when there's only a week left in the month.

Nice, releasing a character with no trailer. You rebels, you. But awesome news indeed!

Sadly, Cinder isn't quite ready yet. All my hype is for Cinder! It also determines if my friend will give KI a chance, as she loves Cinder.

.la1n

This week for the patch update is a welcome surprise. Glad they are taking their time with the Cinder reveal, it's an important one.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Awesome. Gimme that and a double XP weekend, and I'll have everybody to 50.
Damn son. My highest level character is TJ at 41, next highest is Glacius at 30 lol.

I'm glad we are actually getting Hisako this week, Im assuming Friday..?

vg260

Damn son. My highest level character is TJ at 41, next highest is Glacius at 30 lol.

It will be an embarrassing accomplishment, mostly out off stubbornness. I'm probably still the worst player here. I just beat up on a dummy while watching TV series. I'm ready for the new season of Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and am up to date on a bunch more. Been meaning to do that for a while so I just multitaksked mindlessly. Also a lot of football.

Top Bottom