• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 2 |OT| It's international RIPTOOOOORRRRRR day.

.la1n

Damn son. My highest level character is TJ at 41, next highest is Glacius at 30 lol.

I'm glad we are actually getting Hisako this week, Im assuming Friday..?

Most likely Friday I would think. MK X stream Friday and Hisako, good stuff. My two main characters (TJ and Fulgore) are level 50 but the rest aren't anywhere close.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
It will be an embarrassing accomplishment, mostly out off stubbornness. I'm probably still the worst player here. I just beat up on a dummy while watching TV series. I'm ready for the new season of Game of Thrones, Mad Men, and am up to date on a bunch more. Been meaning to do that for a while so I just multitaksked mindlessly. Also a lot of football.
Nothing embarrassing about that at all, it's a hobby and a damn fun one! And I seriously doubt you're the worst player here, I bet I had that title a few months ago lol. I've finally reached 'Killer' rank but still get rekt in ranked like 8/10 matches. I really wish I had more time to level all the characters I hate not having all the colors.

Oh and the wait for new season of GoT is killing me, I've never seen Mad Men I need to pick a week and burn through a couple seasons of that.

Most likely Friday I would think. MK X stream Friday and Hisako, good stuff. My two main characters (TJ and Fulgore) are level 50 but the rest aren't anywhere close.
Oh yeah forgot about MKX stream, gonna be a very good weekend.

I'm surprised TJ hasn't been nerfed to the ground with as much as people complain about him on the KI forums. I'm worried IG is just going to take the nerf bat to him for the sake of getting people to shut up about him.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I'm surprised TJ hasn't been nerfed to the ground with as much as people complain about him on the KI forums. I'm worried IG is just going to take the nerf bat to him for the sake of getting people to shut up about him.
God I hope not, he's the only reason I got into Killer.

Edit: Oh and I'm officially done posting at the KI forums..Its so bad, the median IQ at that place is probably hovering around 50.

.la1n

Yeah the KI forums have become progressingly worse. I'm not sure what you'd do though outside of banning 80% of the forum.

As for TJ, the team knows what they are doing. They won't nerf a character just because people are complaining, especially Ultra Combo forum members.

It will be an embarrassing accomplishment, mostly out off stubbornness. I'm probably still the worst player here. I just beat up on a dummy while watching TV series.

I'm sure that title belongs to me, especially since I don't own an XB1. :p

God I hope not, he's the only reason I got into Killer.

Edit: Oh and I'm officially done posting at the KI forums..Its so bad, the median IQ at that place is probably hovering around 50.

Yes, the forum has been pretty bad since the start. I don't even like searching for threads anymore to read because there's duplicates or just downright bad.

Doukou

I never had a problem with TJ Combo, maybe its cause of the characters I play(mostly newly released characters) who for the most part have good match ups(Riptor, Aganos and Kan-Ra). The character I always go well there is a lost is Spinal.
Right now he feels fine, and probably will be mid-tier after the nerfs. He in general feels balanced, his weaknesses are his risk moves and unlike other characters he doesn't have that much benefit from extremely useful shadow moves, and his strength is his combo ability. I like the fact that TJ Combo is unique by taking advantage of the combo system in place and his strength isn't one you usually see.

As for Ultra-Combo forums, yeah I really don't want to talk shit about another forum but sometimes I question the intelligence of that place. I read the dumbest arguments for the most miniscule topics.

playing from bronze to gold (~30 matches or so), I haven't seen a single TJ actually. Nor a Maya and one Omen. Its been mostly Jagos and Fulgores, with a strange amount of kan-ras when I got to upper silver.

Silver went like 18-1, mostly as glacius. People seem to really struggle dealing with the fact that glacius can just poke all day and not really have to all in with combos to maintain a life lead, fun stuff but I'm petrified of trying any other champions ranked aside from the odd sadira match :$

tumblr_m2fnlwTEFx1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

.la1n

Max said he was uploading a direct feed of Hisako's stage ultra today so there is that to look forward to. It's 10:30pm here on the east though :|

.la1n

I know they were working on audio balancing and finishing up the trailer late yesterday so I am hoping it might pop up today some time. Obviously Hisako herself must be coming tomorrow.

.la1n

I feel like it's the best balance for keeping what made the original design fun while not being restrained by it. Should be pretty well received by fans of the old design and new. IG has also been very consistent with their retros so I feel like Cinders should appease people who still don't like the new look. As a HUGE fan of the character and the one I played the most in the arcades I'm happy with it.

Doukou

If you look carefully on his back you will see some sort of mine like thing on it.
I imagine that this will be his instinct since if you remember long ago they said they thought about making him back face for his instinct, I imagine it was to show that part.

El Sabroso

Cinder looks awesome, tomorrow wanna try Hisako asap

edit: looks from the voice and design I can expect some dormamu or ghost rider accesories

Top Bottom