• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER IS DEAD |OT| LOVE AND KILL

Astarte

I feel like it may be much easier to understand if you think of it kinda like a spin-off to a series that was never made. The game won't explain every bit of its universe to you, there is a plot that takes place in this crazy world. The plot is explained, the crazy world you just have to accept like you would in a spin-off because it was already there.

I think it's part of the game's charm...

I think part of the game's charm is the good ol period where you sit back while watching the credits wondering what the fuck happened
Like many suda games

I would be more willing to care for the criticisms of the story had the gameplay not been good enough to carry itself.

But the fact is, the game is very enjoyable to play. I've just wanted to jump back in rather to fight wires than see how the story unfolds.

JEKKI

what are the best combat upgrades in this game??

fighting is already hella janky, but I'm halfway thru and I still feel like fighting is an uphill battle everytime,

unlike a game like Lollipop Chainsaw where once u get a few upgrades you're pretty much cutting everything in your path.

does this game have a kinda of magic upgrade or ability that allows the fighting to be much smoother??

Astarte

I did but was still a bit confused lol.
I just saw the link for the story breakdown and it makes more sense now.

Glad I could be somewhat of a help

what are the best combat upgrades in this game??

fighting is already hella janky, but I'm halfway thru and I still feel like fighting is an uphill battle everytime,

unlike a game like Lollipop Chainsaw where once u get a few upgrades you're pretty much cutting everything in your path.

does this game have a kinda of magic upgrade or ability that allows the fighting to be much smoother??

Fighting's janky? I thought it was pretty smooth and buttery, just a bit repetitive.

Tizoc

About to start my Very Hard playthrough, wish me luck guys, Mission 10 was a bit of a pain on Hard, but thankfully I managed to save my Mika Tickets for the final boss battle in Mission 12.

BTW how exactly do you unlock the Gigolo Trophies? I've maxed out the Heard gauge for both Koharu and Nat but the trophies didn't pop up.

Currently at 20 mil., 80 mil more to go lol.

You keep going back to the girls and re-do the mission.

I think it's 3 times each and you get the trophy.

Any tips on the best level to farm for moon ore and money?

Tizoc

Ugh I hate how bosses have high defense in Very hard, I must've spent twice as long taking down Hamada Yama in VH then I would have in Hard. Missions 9-12 are gonna be a pain in the ass...
I think I'll go about finishing Sub missions to see how much cash I make, and focus on Grinding for money before attempting the remaining levels on VH.

Alastor3

I just saw that it had dual audio, now im more interested, but still let down because it seems immature compare to killer 7

how is the game compared to similar action games
^Combat is pretty basic and simple:
Melee/short range sword attack
Dodging (to counter attack)
Blocking/Countering
Using a long range gun-like weapon
You can also use guard break attacks on enemies that block your own attacks

Leveling up Health and Blood (MP) is done by collecting items from defeated enemies, there are also extra skills and upgrades to strengthen Mondo.
thanks

Tizoc

^Combat is pretty basic and simple:
Melee/short range sword attack
Dodging (to counter attack)
Blocking/Countering
Using a long range gun-like weapon
You can also use guard break attacks on enemies that block your own attacks

Leveling up Health and Blood (MP) is done by collecting items from defeated enemies, there are also extra skills and upgrades to strengthen Mondo.

I just saw that it had dual audio, now im more interested, but still let down because it seems immature compare to killer 7

iN WHat sense does it seem immature? The gigolo missions are optional and you don't even have to do them (well you may need to do at least 1 if only to get an sub weapon necessary for getting certain trophies). It does have the bizarre humor trademark that Suda's known for.
Mondo is more of a chivalrous ladies' man.

cj_iwakura

It's definitely not as serious as Killer7, but I'd say it's more than No More Heroes. Definitely has its moments. My favorite being The Tiger and The Dragon.

JEKKI

is there any reason to keep playing Gigalo missions after u get AAA?

I spend a lot on gifts and have no idea what Moon Crystals are that I got when I win.

I also have no idea what Guts are when u play the doctor games...

I have freakin no idea what anything in this game does other than the yellow crystals that upgrade u new abilities so u can keep mashing the X button during stages.

Tizoc

is there any reason to keep playing Gigalo missions after u get AAA?
Other than trophies? You get Moon Crystals which you use to upgrade your abilities and skills, in addition Gigalo missions offer you cash rewards as you keep completing them, though I think the max you could ever get is 510,000.

I spend a lot on gifts and have no idea what Moon Crystals are that I got when I win.
Press Start, Choose Stats and Abilities, Press R1. That's what they're for.

I also have no idea what Guts are when u play the doctor games...
Scarlet is another Beauty you can 'romance', you romance her once you get 1000 Guts.

Tizoc

So current plan: Amass 10 mil. by replaying Weight Limit on Hard each day, 20 mil. if I feel like it.
I am currently at 40 mil., so 1 week until I get the $100 mil. trophy, once I do I'll buy the UltiMondo suit.
Does UltiMondo just give you high attack and defense? Any negatives to using it other than low cash rewards?

cj_iwakura

That Unicorn bit in Chapter 10... #dead

I lost it.

I found four Scarletts in 10. Yeesh, is that normal? I've only found 1-2 per stage so far. Will I be able to go back to find more this game at all?

Tizoc

That Unicorn bit in Chapter 10... #dead

I lost it.

I found four Scarletts in 10. Yeesh, is that normal? I've only found 1-2 per stage so far. Will I be able to go back to find more this game at all?

Scarlet has a total of 20 hiding spots within various stages. Stage 10 is I think the only one where Scarlett has 4 hiding spots, every other stage has 2 or 3.

BTW does anyone have access to Mission 5.1?

Tizoc

Just got the $100 mil. Trophy @_@

Just keep replaying Weight Limit over and over again on Normal and you'll rack up the money easily.

Was reading through the trophy guide when I found that the extra costumes for the beauties costs 90 mil!
There is a way to get around that:
First have all outfits for the beauties available in the gift shop, then buy all of them but DO NOT EXIT THE GIFT SHOP MENU!
Once the trophy pops, press the PS Button and quit to the XMB, likewise for 360.

If you load your game from that point you should see that no money was lost, so you can use that for getting the 'Give 50 gifts to Beauties' Trophy.

I don't know if I'd Platinum the game TBH...Survival Challenge 2 is a bitch- would've been MUCH easier without the flying turrets.

For now I'll just focus on getting most of the trophies outside the Beauties related ones.

Does anyone else get the feeling this game came about purely on the basis of Suda51 reading a bad Sailor Moon/Cowboy Bebop cross-over fanfic and saying, "You fool, you've done it all wrong! This is how it's done!" I love that this exists, that there's no one - not producers, not publishers, not even common sense - to stop him from making such things, because I really can't imagine this coming out of any other developer.

Tizoc

Seems I'm a few sub missions away from getting the last trophy...but why the frag am I not getting AAA on Mission 1 on Easy?! OK so I don't have to counter his bullets, I keep slowly walking forward then turning back, hiding behind the trash cans, but even with that I seem to counter his bullets =_=

Other than that stage I've got the bike challenge and the Turret Train mission, maybe I should watch some vids of them and try again?

I managed to get all the trophies but that one as is.

cj_iwakura

I spent about four hours researching Suda 51's Kill The Past insanity last night, so hopefully some of you enjoy the result.

Say what you will about Suda's current productions, but he was once the best kind of crazy.

screenshot20130130at124.png

cj_iwakura

Finished Chapter 11. I THINK I know where this is going, but I could be wrong. Will I need a nudge in the right direction, or will 12 spell it out more?

And this could totally be a Kill The Past game.

cj_iwakura

And finished. Crazy game, what NMH2 should have been.

Suda delivers for the first time since NMH1. Great stuff, thought provoking, dark, and often hilarious.

cj_iwakura

I dare anyone to look at the slow pan on Mondo as Scarlett walks up to him removing her glasses and not crack a smile. So hilariously cheesy. Dat pose.

Clawww

I actually just got this last week, meant to find the OT and post in it but I haven't bothered to dig it up. Lo and behold, it's on the front page.

Anyways, as a Suda fan, this game really hit the spot. I think I love it.

Tizoc

I dare anyone to look at the slow pan on Mondo as Scarlett walks up to him removing her glasses and not crack a smile. So hilariously cheesy. Dat pose.

Each cutscene that has Mondo win a beauty's heart has a hilarious moment-
Nat has him give you the thumbs up
Koharu has him open the doors and then the part where his hands are mischivously attempt to rape Koharu, the entire scene is hilarious as well

I want a screencap of Mondo's pose during that scene.

Gbraga

God, this game is so awesome.

Two Best Friends finished their playthrough, and watching the entire game was almost as enjoyable as playing it, they were as hype as I was in the final boss. So good...

Lily Bergamo is definitely my most anticipated next gen title only because of this game, can't wait to see what Grasshopper has for us next.

I hope we get flooded by LTTP threads once it's cheap enough and people that got scared out by the low review scores give it a chance and love it so we can spread the love for this game. It always brings a smile when a Nier LTTP thread pops up, I guess it'll be similar with this game.

I hope it sold enough to at least pay for the localisation costs, XSEED did an outstanding job there.

I guess this is my game of the year...

Top Bottom