• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

GAF East 1 - ALIVE (GAF)
GAF East 2 - ALIVE (GAF2)
GAF East 3 - DEAD
GAF Pacific/West 1 - ALIVE (GAFw)
GAF Pacific/West 2 - DEAD
Euro GAF 1 - Alive(GAFe)
Euro GAF 2 - Dead

I think this is it.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Rapping Granny said:
GAF East 1 - ALIVE (GAF)
GAF East 3 - DEAD
Euro GAF 1 - Alive(GAFe)
Euro GAF 2 - Dead

I think this is it.

Wow, i cannot even get into a clan.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
BadAss84 said:
Good games on the 'GAAAF' server just Label, Dave1988, F#A#Oo, industrian etc :D

That was the most fun i've had with the game so far and i'm really starting to get into it more now, even if L3 sprint still feels totally awkward to me :p

I just want to say that they were my first online games of KZ2. I'm amazed by the presentation of the online modes but was disappointed that when you start out you pretty much have fuck all when it comes to weapons and equipment (compared to games like CoD4 and Battlefield: Bad Company). But I guess it's motivation to keep playing I suppose. I got the hang of the controls and the pace of the game fairly quickly, and I've grown fond of the Helghast assault rifle due to it's close range stopping power. I'll be able to use the SMG and shotgun on my next level, but i don't think I'll switch just yet.

In one of the Search & Destroy missions I completely lucked out and found myself right next to the items to be destroyed and was able to set both charges before anyone else turned up. In the final few seconds I was able to fend off some attackers and retreated - only to be blown up by own charges. :(

I'll be online between 19:45 and 22:30 GMT.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Euro GAF 2 being dead was to be expected from the beginning since it wasn't fairly balanced at all.

Rapping Granny said:
GAF East 1 - ALIVE (GAF)
GAF East 3 - DEAD
Euro GAF 1 - Alive(GAFe)
Euro GAF 2 - Dead

I think this is it.

East 3 is definitely not dead. I've been saying, even on the last page, to pm me if you want to be added. come on people, atleast read the page you're on.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
WHOAguitarninja said:
East 3 is definitely not dead. I've been saying, even on the last page, to pm me if you want to be added. come on people, atleast read the page you're on.

Well I PMed you and didn't get an invite.

alba

Little is the new Big
Raist said:
Soooo alba, do you have some details 'bout the consolegaming tournament ?
Like, when's the first match planned etc.

We shall even set up a new thread specifically for this, IMO.

They changed the first match date, now it seems the timeframe is:
03/03 -> 10/03 (1st war)
11/03 -> 18/03 (2nd)
19/03 -> 27/03 (3rd)

I'll let you guys know, I pm'd the other team and I'm just waiting for an answer now and how things are planning out.

I think it's a stupid thing not to use the in-game tournament but whatever, not much choice I guess : (

Raist

Banned
alba said:
03-03 -> 10-03 (1st war)
11/03 -> 18/03 (2nd)
19/03 -> 27/03 (3rd)

I'll let you guys know, I pm'd the other team and I'm just wai(ting now to see how things are planning out.

I think it's a stupid thing not to use the in-game tournament but whatever, not much choice I guess : (

It doesn't? wtf

xtwo

WHOAguitarninja said:

i am almost always online when you are but i can't join you because either room is full or you are playing in room where i need to put password.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
yaser imran virk said:
i am almost always online when you are but i can't join you because either room is full or you are playing in room where i need to put password.

If it's a gaf game, password is gonna be believe.

And gaf east 3 is not dead! I couldn't play yesterday bc my better half was over all day, but i'll be on in a few.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
yaser imran virk said:
Usually the GAF pass is "believe".

beaten

Who's in charge of GAFw? I still haven't received my clan invite.

PSN: kilgoreisdead

If I don't receive it soon, I'll start up another west clan for the people who were too late to join the main one.

exarkun

The Killzone site is always laggy and slow. I want to check on when clan tournaments start, but it always says 0 0 0 0 on all the windows that keep track of the stats. Boooooo

Facism

alba said:
03/03 -> 10/03 (1st war)
11/03 -> 18/03 (2nd)
19/03 -> 27/03 (3rd)

I'll let you guys know, I pm'd the other team and I'm just waiting for an answer now and how things are planning out.

Oh man i remember what a hassle it was trying to get clan matches and players organised during my UT CTF admin days, then submitting demos and reports to clanbase or whatever it was.

Rapping Granny said:
GAF SNOW DAY is up. JOIN!!

Friend request sent. Accept!

EDIT: Damn that was fast!

JOIN GAF JOIN!

...Sigh maybe I will get a GAF tag one of these days.

What the fuck LoudNinja? You pop around a corner and get a headshot? TWICE

Baron Aloha said:
Well I PMed you and didn't get an invite.

I might've missed it, though i'd be surprised as I've been pretty good about sending out invites. Anyway check your invites now, I'll send it now.

EDIT-Just checked, and I had already sent you an invite. It might not have gone through though. I'll revoke it and send another.

I am so pissed off atm. How the fuck am I doing so bad?!

Just wait, I am going to dominate this round.

What headset do you guys recommend. Going to buy one today.

Rapping Granny said:
GAF East 1 - ALIVE (GAF)
GAF East 3 - DEAD
Euro GAF 1 - Alive(GAFe)
Euro GAF 2 - Dead

I think this is it.

Does dead mean it hasn't been created yet?

The_Inquisitor said:

The official headset that's bundled with SOCOM. HQ mode, and mute button.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
The_Inquisitor said:

I knew I recognized your name from somewhere. I received your friend request. That's the only reason why I was able to find the snow day game.

Of course, no sooner had I joined everyone left to make another GAF room. Why?

I need to add more people from GAF to my friends list. My PSN is Will0928, anyone who reads this can send me a friend request.

Baron Aloha said:
I knew I recognized your name from somewhere. I received your friend request. That's the only reason why I was able to find the snow day game.

Of course, no sooner had I joined everyone left to make another GAF room. Why?

I need to add more people from GAF to my friends list. My PSN is Will0928, anyone who reads this can send me a friend request.

Yea man no worries. We are starting to gather up for sure. I need to do a lab write-up but I will be back playing later this evening. I think I am getting the hang of things. I found toward the end dialing up the sensitivity big time seemed to help.

I def. need a headset so I can start communicating with you guys. I want to play matches eventually. :D

GAF EAST 3 CURRENT STATUS

Okay so I compiled a list of everyone in EAST 3 and that I've sent an invitation to. If you're not on this list anywhere and would like to be, send me a pm. If you are on the last list, and don't see an invite in your messages, send me a pm.

GAF Name/ PSN ID

LEADER:
WHOAguitarninja /WHOAguitarninja

OFFICERS:
TheFatOne /Lyulf
exarkun/exarkun

MEMBERS:
Commish / TigerHeli
ZeroEdge / ZeoEdge
CharpyImpact / CharpyImpact
drknite / coolguy2000
Carlisle / emogu84
SNUG REVOL / Regret_Truth
Labombadog / LabombadogIGN
the_prime_mover / Palantiri
synless / SynLess
tfur / tfur
zeloe326 / zeloe326
yaser imran virk / xtwo
subtlesaysigh / illspoken
StreetDisciple / Street_Disciple
SuperSonic1305 / SuperSonic1305
Spruchy / Spruchy
vpance / vpance
Baron Aloha/Will0928

INVITED-AWAITING ACCEPTANCE:
ZombieSupaStar / Kernel_ERROR
YagizY-YagizY
greenry/greengenes
cjdunn/cjdunn
dkeane/dkeane
The_Inquisitor/The_Inquisitor
TGateKeeper / TGateKeeper
TONX / TONX
Somnia/Somnia
The Wise Old Man / henderson1979
Tormentoso / Tormentoso
user friendly / userfriendly
Macattk15 / Macattk15
dark_preacher / dark_preacher

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
***TO ALL GAF CLANS LEADERS!***

I have created the first GAF Time To Die Tournament. Since there is no way to make it "private", I ask all GAF clan leaders to subscribe to the Tournament as soon as possible! I've set up 8 clan slots, so even if some other clan joins, there should be room for all GAF clans. But be quick! The is no entree fee but 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed earn 10, 5 and 1 vp respectively. .

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE

Fire up the game, select Warzone, go into CLAN > Tournament and select "GAF Time to Die" from the list.

DETAILS
All details are in the tournament overview page you can check out in game, but I'll post some here.

Map: Pyrhuss Rise
Game modes: all (full Warzone)
Badges & weapons: all

# of clans: 8
# of players: 20 (10 vs 10) -- we will see how it goes and up the players count next time.

Period:
-- this week end (Quarters on Friday 6, Semi-Finals on Saturday 7 and Final on Sunday 8).
-- Every match starts at 11:00PM GMT time (check in game details for your time zone)

TTP said:

I have created the first GAF Time To Die Tournament. Since there is no way to make it "private", I ask all GAF clan leaders to subscribe to the Tournament as soon as possible! I've set up 8 slots, so even if some other clan joins, there should be room for all GAF clans. But be quick! The is no entree fee but 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed earn 10, 5 and 1 vp respectively. .

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE

Fire up the game, select Warzone, go into CLAN > Tournament and select "GAF Time to Die" from the list.

Not showing up for me, i'll try killzone.com

Xater

Hey TTP can you clear up the time for the tournament? 12 am of which time zone is meant or doe the game know my time zone. I really have no idea and want to check if I can play. I'd love to be there with my medic. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Xater said:
Hey TTP can you clear up the time for the tournament? 12 am of which time zone is meant or doe the game know my time zone. I really have no idea and want to check if I can play. I'd love to be there with my medic. :D

The game knows your time zone. Just check the details in game and it will show YOUR time.

Ilparazzo

Xater said:
My game tells me 11 PM so I'm guessing the game knows its timezones

EDIT: Beaten by a mile.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
WHOAguitarninja said:
Not showing up for me, i'll try killzone.com

Killzone.com is busted.

Perhaps it's region filtered? Try EU region and see if it shows up. If so, try subscribing to it and switch back to your region. Tell me if it shows up in the Clan events page (no the main page, but the EVENTS tab).

Rorschach

Rapping Granny said:
GAF East 1 - ALIVE (GAF)
GAF East 3 - DEAD
Euro GAF 1 - Alive(GAFe)
Euro GAF 2 - Dead

I think this is it.
GAF West 2 isn't dead. >:| It's [GAFW].

Unless It died while I was sleeping..

Raist

Banned
TTP said:

I have created the first GAF Time To Die Tournament. Since there is no way to make it "private", I ask all GAF clan leaders to subscribe to the Tournament as soon as possible! I've set up 8 clan slots, so even if some other clan joins, there should be room for all GAF clans. But be quick! The is no entree fee but 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed earn 10, 5 and 1 vp respectively. .

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE

DETAILS
All details are in the tournament overview page you can check out in game, but I'll post some here.

Map: Pyrhuss Rise
Game modes: all (full Warzone)
Badges & weapons: all

# of clans: 8
# of players: 20 (10 vs 10) -- we will see how it goes and up the players count next time.

Period:
-- this week end (Quarters on Friday 6, Semi-Finals on Saturday 7 and Final on Sunday 8).
-- Every match starts at 11:00PM GMT time (check in game details for your time zone)

Hmm, 11pm on a friday? Personally I don't care, but it's going to be tough for GAF and GAFw

The Wise Old Man said:
Hey folks, I'd love to get in on the GAF Clan action.

PSN: henderson1979

USA/EAST
I already sent you an invite. Check your messages in a few minutes, I'll send another.

TTP, found it, and subscribed. The problem wasn't the game or region, it was that I was an idiot and missed it.

WHOAguitarninja said:
Is there any way to refresh the tournament list? It's not showing up for me at all.

Is it in the message box in killzone 2 itself or the website? I did not see a message with an invite inside Killzone 2 itself under the message box for online.

Top Bottom