• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 --- CLAN - ONLINE PLAY Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
(Reposting for new page)

First of all I want to thank these guys for taking part to the practice session:

dazed808 | Rick808 (who wasn't on the list of those participating to the tournament but got in by pure awesomeness. He's gonna take ilparazzo spot)
Lince | Lince_SPAIN
Cagen | Cagen
Dave1988 | Dave1988

We did a great work at testing some of the S&D tactics. I'm optimistic about the overall performance once we get all 7 of us in place.

----------------------------------------------------------
FINAL ROSTER with relative classes.

ALPHA Squad
TTP | Bloody_Marcel (Tactician with Repair - unless Rick808 manages to unlock Repair)
Dave1988 | Dave1988 (Engineer with Air Support)

BRAVO Squad
Facism | Live_Feed (Full Saboteur)
dazed808 | Rick808 (Full Tactician - unless he unlocks Repair)

CHARLIE Squad
Lince | Lince_SPAIN ("Switcher" - Starting as Sniper)
Cagen | Cagen (Full Assault)
Raist | Raistlinn (Full Medic)

------------------------------------------------------------

LAST PRACTICE SESSION

I'll be creating a new practice session this morning (Saturday 14th) at around 9 or 10 AM. Room name is "GAFe Practice". Autobalance is off in order to allow us to play in the same team. Be sure to check the Helghast side. And please, participate. All of you. It's gonna be up till lunch time.

------------------------------------------------------------

TACTICS

I'll be sending PMs with full tactics (covering all missions) to everyone. It's gonna be a wall of text, but you don't need to memorize all of it. Just focus on the roles you are given and stick with those in-game.

--

Time to sleep. See you in... er, few hours (sigh).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've sent tactics for the incoming 7vs7 tournament to all GAFe members participating.

In order to make things simple, I've sent to everybody instructions related to their squad alone, avoiding detailing what the other squads will do.

In some cases I've added reference images to better describe stuff. I've used the official Salamun Market map, with the assumption we play as ISA. Since the map structure is very symmetric, everything should apply unchanged even if we end up playing as Helghasts.

I'm starting the "GAFE TRAINING" room in about 30 minutes. When you join (and for the love of god please do, cos we need to get there prepared), select the ISA faction. If anybody else wants to feel the pain delivered by my awesome tactics, please join as Heghast.

I need a break :lol

Lince

Banned
TTP said:
I've sent tactics for the incoming 7vs7 tournament to all GAFe members participating.

In order to make things simple, I've sent to everybody instructions related to their squad alone, avoiding detailing what the other squads will do.

In some cases I've added reference images to better describe stuff. I've used the official Salamun Market map, with the assumption we play as ISA. Since the map structure is very symmetric, everything should apply unchanged even if we end up playing as Helghasts.

I'm starting the "GAFE PRACTICE" room in about 30 minutes. When you join (and for the love of god please do, cos we need to get there prepared), select the ISA faction. If anybody else wants to feel the pain delivered by my awesome tactics, please join as Heghast.

I need a break :lol

ok reading that now, A+ for the effort.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I had to password protect the GAFE TRAINING room cos it was filling up with strangers and it was just 3 of us in there. So, password is the usual one (all lowercase). As soon as we get all together, I'll create an open one to migrate to and wait for strangers to join.

Remember to select ISA

Raist

Banned
dazed808 said:
Gonna have to work till 1pm so i'll get on asap when i'm back - top job TTP but holy hell, do you never sleep???:lol

2hx3bpg.gif

Lince

Banned
Danielsan said:
Hope I didn't mess up whatever you guys were doing by joining your training game. :lol

you're always welcome!! we need more people!! can't believe the fuss before the game was released the GAFe clan was already full in a couple of days and now... we barely can complete a 7p game... shame on you!

Facism

Raist GG on that last game. We were 3v6 most of the game, with our other guy a sniper.

We completely dominated them in Bodycount. Absolute Assault and battery. If this was real life we'd get community service in a british court whilst they got 7 years sentences for being shit.

[edit]I still had more points than their top guy after the round gave them the exp bonus :lol

Lince

Banned
dazed808 said:
Just back be with you in 15 mins fellas

take it easy, 50 minutes to go still...

omg the responsibility with all that class switching I gotta do... oh well it's a hot day here in Spain so I'm going to the pool and relax before the match.

Facism

Lince said:
take it easy, 50 minutes to go still...

omg the responsibility with all that class switching I gotta do... oh well it's a hot day here in Spain so I'm going to the pool and relax before the match.

a...pool. Lucky bastard. The sun's out here but it's cold. I'm trying to shit out a hangover :(

Lince

Banned
Raist said:
I'm not sure the tourney is going to happen... it's a 16 clans tournament and there are only 4 registered

wait what? after all the hard work TTP has done... we must win it for him guys, here's a recent pic of our lovely coach TTP so we don't forget our roles in the game:

when we are doing what we're supposed to do:

capello.jpg

when we're not...

Fabio_Capello.jpg

ok pool time, 30 mins

Facism

Lince said:
wait what? after all the hard work TTP has done... we must win it for him guys, here's a recent pic of our lovely coach TTP so we don't forget our roles in the game:

when we are doing what we're supposed to do:

capello.jpg

when we're not...

Fabio_Capello.jpg

ok pool time, 30 mins

You need to pick an Italian manager that doesn't have a shit team to manage ;p

Raist

Banned
Lince said:

Well dunno, the ladder isn't updated yet (I thought it should be done by now).
I think you need to at least have half of the max number of clans for it to start. Not sure tho

Raist

Banned
omg I finished Dave :lol

I was holding a health pack, noticed that you were down so I spammed left on the D-pad to grab the revive gun... but the rifle came out :lol

Sorry :(

Final is in less than one hour

Facism

If only you could hear the assassination target as i hunted him down in and around his spawn building :lol He was screaming MIERDA MIERDA as i was chasing him :lol

Also, sorry for that C4 kill, Dazed :lol

dazed808

Facism said:
If only you could hear the assassination target as i hunted him down in and around his spawn building :lol He was screaming MIERDA MIERDA as i was chasing him :lol

Also, sorry for that C4 kill, Dazed :lol

No worries mate it was a beauty!:lol

Raist

Banned
Dave1988 said:
We need to pick a better location for Assassination Defense. The one suggested by TTp is too open for rockets.

Yeah they were basically spamming rockets from afar. There's a tiny building near the dark alley which should be okay. Not too open for rockets / snipers and the access is quite easy to defend with mostly only choke points.

Final is at 3:45pm GMT

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Apparently Dave1988 has switched off his PS3 thinking the next round is tomorrow. In case he doesn't show up, I need a substitute in my squad.

Ilparazzo, are you up? I need an Engineer with Air Drones.

Ilparazzo

So, just put the game in my other ps3 and got to see me getting all my online trophies again, so much fun :lol

EDIT: sure can, but I can call dave, It's easier since he's got all the practice I don't have

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ilparazzo said:
So, just put the game in my other ps3 and got to see me getting all my online trophies again, so much fun :lol

EDIT: sure can, but I can call dave, It's easier since he's got all the practice I don't have

You have his phone number? He's not online anymore.

Your role isn't too complicated. I can explain as we play as we are on the same team. If dave doesn't come.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raist said:
Yeah they were basically spamming rockets from afar. There's a tiny building near the dark alley which should be okay. Not too open for rockets / snipers and the access is quite easy to defend with mostly only choke points.

Final is at 3:45pm GMT

You mean the balcony?

Raist

Banned
TTP said:
You mean the balcony?

Yeah where Dave was. There were a couple of assaults in a building on the other side and they were spamming rockets. It's a bit too open over there. I can't remember where the place I'm talking about is exactly, I'll have to check next time.

Lince

Banned
I played too conservative in S&D, the sniper knew I was in my usual spot taking out people planting/defusing and completely destroyed me, I wanted to look for him and snipe his head off but I remembered I should focus on the target alone... well I guess at least I kept him busy :lol also I've barely played with the automatic grenade launcher so I need time to get used to it, I've always played medic/tactician with a rifle and air support.

I agree with the assassination defending spot though. I guess Raist means "my" balcony. Final in 30 minutes

Cagen

No, he means behind the gun that looks over the search and defend point where I stay for that mission - the room with the ammo box inside at the back.

It's a good idea, 2 entrances that can be covered easily (and the roof I guess), especially as one has the gun emplacement at it. The room is small enough to hide in but large enough to run from grenades coming in.

Cagen

Lince said:
I played too conservative in S&D, the sniper knew I was in my usual spot taking out people planting/defusing and completely destroyed me, I wanted to look for him and snipe his head off but I remembered I should focus on the target alone... well I guess at least I kept him busy :lol also I've barely played with the automatic grenade launcher so I need time to get used to it, I've always played medic/tactician with a rifle and air support.

I agree with the assassination defending spot though. I guess Raist means "my" balcony. Final in 30 minutes

As soon as you kill someone grab their weapon, the grenade launcher and rocket launcher are useless out in the open. Just watch for other people while trying to pick up weapons, half my deaths came from people killing me while trying to find the gun from the guy I just killed :lol.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lince said:

Next time, kill the sniper. You are of no use if you are dead most of the time :D
There is me and other people helping out with taking out people planting/defusing.
So take out annoying sniper and switch back to target.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cagen said:
No, he means behind the gun that looks over the search and defend point where I stay for that mission - the room with the ammo box inside at the back.

It's a good idea, 2 entrances that can be covered easily (and the roof I guess), especially as one has the gun emplacement at it. The room is small enough to hide in but large enough to run from grenades coming in.

Yeah, we will switch to that this time. Assassination target and Raist there (find a spot where you can't be reached by nades and rockets), there rest of us covering entrance from outside with turrets, air drones and the love of god. C4 (Facism/Live_Feed) on the stairs pretty please.

Lince

Banned
Cagen said:
As soon as you kill someone grab their weapon, the grenade launcher and rocket launcher are useless out in the open. Just watch for other people while trying to pick up weapons, half my deaths came from people killing me while trying to find the gun from the guy I just killed :lol.

same here :lol and I only managed to grab a rifle once, the rest were empty rocket launchers... I got a couple of kills with the revolver though.

Facism

I tell you something, your S&D and C&H tactics for me work like a beauty. Nobody got through the back alley or the stairs on their side of the building with the c4 and disguise.

Cagen

Lince said:
same here :lol and I only managed to grab a rifle once, the rest were empty rocket launchers... I got a couple of kills with the revolver though.

The revolver is a beast with all that extra health. Just circle strafe round them taking pot shots, they do sometimes get a lucky head shot though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ChryZ said:
I just came back. Are we fine? I can jump in right away, if needed ... otherwise godspeed!

Think we are fine. But hang around here for last minute emergency calls. These PS Threy consoles can YLOD anytime!

*touches wood*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Facism said:
I tell you something, your S&D and C&H tactics for me work like a beauty. Nobody got through the back alley or the stairs on their side of the building with the c4 and disguise.

You are awesome.

Top Bottom